Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 3, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #6,616 of 40,668
Yeah when the knob is "all the way screwed in" it is open and enables the Adel and when the knob is screwed "all the way out" its closed, disabling the MAM, I experience wider soundstage when it's closed some reason

Well, that's a first. I experience the exact opposite.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #6,619 of 40,668
Some reason after my refit my MAM wont come out. It feels like it's stuck inside

Wiggle back and forth. It can require a solid yank to get it out for the first swap. Also, it's probably best to have the thumbscrews all the way in when you're really applying some force. It's ultra rare that somebody bends the thumbscrew while trying to swap them out, but this just kinda prevents that very small chance.

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #6,620 of 40,668
Wiggle back and forth. It can require a solid yank to get it out for the first swap. Also, it's probably best to have the thumbscrews all the way in when you're really applying some force. It's ultra rare that somebody bends the thumbscrew while trying to swap them out, but this just kinda prevents that very small chance.

Got it out but the right side something white flew out, jack told me it could of just been glue on the sleeve because the MAM was literally felt like something was stucking it after my refit because before the refit it came out just fine.

Hope I didn't damage anything :frowning2:

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #6,621 of 40,668
Yeah when the knob is "all the way screwed in" it is open and enables the Adel and when the knob is screwed "all the way out" its closed, disabling the MAM, I experience wider soundstage when it's closed some reason and better fit and isolation when the screw is "all the way in" then the screw is "all the way out"

I experience exactly the same. More isolation when the screw is fully in and definitely more when the screw is out

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #6,624 of 40,668
I wouldn't say it's a disaster considering it functions perfectly well in its main purpose of reducing pressure. All the other side benefits are subjective as everyone hears differently. It definitely creates more space at the cost of reducing bass but you also have to use it in a quiet environment similar to open backed headphones. The bass issue can be mitigated to an extent by some nice cables. I just got my toxic cables silver widow after a wait and there's quite a noticeable jump in bass for me so if you can get hold of some different cables maybe try playing around with those too

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #6,626 of 40,668
The MAM is just utter disaster

If your like Ike you might just love twisting and tweaking it to no end.

Gives us an update of  your experience of the G1 so far 
tongue_smile.gif

I really do value your posts a lot.

I still don't feel the desire to get Adel on my Zeus R were I to reshell mine (I got cracks in the acrylic faceplates of my abalone nacre ones. No idea if it's the bonding, heat temp or shock).
But my reasons for avoiding Adel are also different. I don't want any isolation loss (I'd even like it in the 30+dB range if ever possible ^^) and more importantly I don't want the Zeus to protrude more. In fact if the 3D cutting would allow for better volume management to make em smaller in another custom reshell, I'd even consider asking for the old EarWerkz/Gorillaz type of faceplates. You know, with the female 2pin socket being on the faceplate itself.

The funny thing is that I got so used to my Zeus I can even sleep with them x-D

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #6,627 of 40,668
Gives us an update of  your experience of the G1 so far :tongue_smile:
I really do value your posts a lot.

I still don't feel the desire to get Adel on my Zeus R were I to reshell mine (I got cracks in the acrylic faceplates of my abalone nacre ones. No idea if it's the bonding, heat temp or shock).
But my reasons for avoiding Adel are also different. I don't want any isolation loss (I'd even like it in the 30+dB range if ever possible ^^) and more importantly I don't want the Zeus to protrude more. In fact if the 3D cutting would allow for better volume management to make em smaller in another custom reshell, I'd even consider asking for the old EarWerkz/Gorillaz type of faceplates. You know, with the female 2pin socket being on the faceplate itself.

The funny thing is that I got so used to my Zeus I can even sleep with them x-D

I did find XRA smaller than XR... Weirdly... Protuded the same as xr.

If you do not want to loose isolation, steer clear of adel.. Even with the 01 (orange slugs) it does not give you isolation the same as a non adel iem.

The G1 is *tolerable* it offers no fatigue sound... Open spacious air.
If you enjoy your details and resolution on your R... You highly likely won't enjoy them as much on R(adel) because I do find a significant loss of quality in general sound, specifically in resolution/details.

The fit... That's just too too personal.. I found both to fit very nice (EE does great) it does seem that The adel xr is smaller in size weirdly (but I don't have he XR (non adel) with me so I cant truly compare size. But I clearly clearly remember the awsome sound it had compared to the adel versions.

Lately my XRA hasn't been out of it's air tight box. I use the beyerdynamic T1 2nd ed with mojo and its an Amazing sound. Actually missed these cans (I used to own them + many others before I discovered the XR (non adel) and then I sold them all as I was just super ecstatic and pleased with everything XR did and found it to best many full size cans in many categories (but not all).
And when I get an XR again or whatever marvel EE is cooking up (which I for sure will) I will sell the t1 yet again I'm sure of it.

I sometimes take my XRa when I go inline skating around the city for my exercise, but I try to only take it on days I just do casual skating so I don't risk falling. Lots of wind flutter with the G1 when skating and so it doesn't make it nice to hear either.

Basically VE monk for my *iem* usage and T1 2nd gen for my home use and critical listening

The XRA just doesn't see light of day.
It just left a bad taste behind... My worst decision in audio so far (Gettign the XRa) followed by buying the se846 a year ago

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #6,628 of 40,668
I did find XRA smaller than XR... Weirdly... Protuded the same as xr.

If you do not want to loose isolation, steer clear of adel.. Even with the 01 (orange slugs) it does not give you isolation the same as a non adel iem.

The G1 is *tolerable* it offers no fatigue sound... Open spacious air.
If you enjoy your details and resolution on your R... You highly likely won't enjoy them as much on R(adel) because I do find a significant loss of quality in general sound, specifically in resolution/details.

The fit... That's just too too personal.. I found both to fit very nice (EE does great) it does seem that The adel xr is smaller in size weirdly (but I don't have he XR (non adel) with me so I cant truly compare size. But I clearly clearly remember the awsome sound it had compared to the adel versions.

Lately my XRA hasn't been out of it's air tight box. I use the beyerdynamic T1 2nd ed with mojo and its an Amazing sound. Actually missed these cans (I used to own them + many others before I discovered the XR (non adel) and then I sold them all as I was just super ecstatic and pleased with everything XR did and found it to best many full size cans in many categories (but not all).
And when I get an XR again or whatever marvel EE is cooking up (which I for sure will) I will sell the t1 yet again I'm sure of it.

I sometimes take my XRa when I go inline skating around the city for my exercise, but I try to only take it on days I just do casual skating so I don't risk falling. Lots of wind flutter with the G1 when skating and so it doesn't make it nice to hear either.

Basically VE monk for my *iem* usage and T1 2nd gen for my home use and critical listening

The XRA just doesn't see light of day.
It just left a bad taste behind... My worst decision in audio so far (Gettign the XRa) followed by buying the se846 a year ago

Why not try the apex m20 module for outdoor usage? If u line up the hole right there shouldn't be any wind noise. I know that it's taking away from the adel but it may be a way to save your iem and it "only" costs 99 usd

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #6,629 of 40,668
Why not try the apex m20 module for outdoor usage? If u line up the hole right there shouldn't be any wind noise. I know that it's taking away from the adel but it may be a way to save your iem and it "only" costs 99 usd

I'm not wasting any more $ on anything adel or knockoff adel stuff, it's a lost cause (for me at least)
But I'm excited ited about what EE might come up with next and if that doesn't work out then the good ol XR will do

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #6,630 of 40,668
I'm not wasting any more $ on anything adel or knockoff adel stuff, it's a lost cause (for me at least)
But I'm excited ited about what EE might come up with next and if that doesn't work out then the good ol XR will do

Well, if u have a dealer that sells 64 audio themaybr u can try it there. Or maybe a canjam or even better, a local meet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back