Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 16, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #2,912 of 40,613
At this moment it's for demo purposes only. Doesn't seem like switch IEMs are too popular around here. I could be wrong though.

I could be in the minority, but a second sound signature at the flick of a switch would be very appealing. Especially if it was recessed enough and not too easily switched. I'm sure once I decided on a favorite it wouldn't get switched all that often. But I do keep multiple headphones/in-ears around for another point of view on my mixes. So it would still get used.

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #2,914 of 40,613
How is the isolation on adel monitors?

Isolation is pretty good. Might not be too effective for noisy environments or windy situations. I parted with mine before I had a chance to try it on a flight, but it should block the flight engine's humm sound if I have to guess. Because there were times when I was using in my office and someone would come behind me and call me and I wouldn't hear a thing. They'd have to tap on my shoulder to draw my attention.

Btw, I was using a Custom A10 with B1 Module. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,915 of 40,613
How is the isolation on adel monitors?

From the specs it's from 10-18 dB of isolation. But that's just part of the story.

The S1 modules(-18 dB) really do quite well. It's not etymotic super deep insertion blackness. But perfectly usable on a live stage not far from live drums.

The B1 definitely has less isolation. But it's very balanced. Like you turn the outside volume down a good bit. And once the music starts, it disappears. On a stage there is definitely some more sound coming through. But again it sounds so natural you don't really notice. And since you're hearing the same thing from the monitors as the ambience. It really just gives it a nice depth to the sound. If I wasn't also listening as the stage mixer, I would use the b1's on stage. But since I want to be able to focus on the sound coming from the monitors I stick with the s1 for stage. And b1 most of the rest of the time.

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #2,917 of 40,613
Fits like a glove, and absolutely adoring this sound, the Zeus (not "Zues") Remastered paired with the QP1R (no hiss observed with my QP1R) after a great week at work (quick pic):

The Zeus Remastered is one of the top three IEMs that I have listened to or own. This does not automatically mean the Zeus Remastered arrived in second or third. :normal_smile :

Thanks Jack Vang for not just being a impeccable manufacturer, but more importantly, an amazing human being. Thank you, sir.

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #2,918 of 40,613
Jack is truly a class act. Will be getting my impressions done tomorrow for the Spartan IVs. Can't wait!

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #2,919 of 40,613
Fits like a glove, and absolutely adoring this sound, the Zeus (not "Zues") Remastered paired with the QP1R (no hiss observed with my QP1R) after a great week at work (quick pic):

The Zeus Remastered is one of the top three IEMs that I have listened to or own. This does not automatically mean the Zeus Remastered arrived in second or third. :normal_smile :

Thanks Jack Vang for not just being a impeccable manufacturer, but more importantly, an amazing human being. Thank you, sir.

Jack is truly a class act. Will be getting my impressions done tomorrow for the Spartan IVs. Can't wait!

You guys are too kind. I'm blessed to have such incredible clientele.

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #2,920 of 40,613

If anyone knew the crap you go through (me as well, but it's all gravy) people would think of you as a saint. :beerchug: Looking forward to seeing you at the next events and seeing nothing but good tidings and good cheer!

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,922 of 40,613
I'm loving thr Zeus 14 over the Zeus r as I love forward mids, very engaging, clear, and emotional. Very musical, great separation, amazing imaging, nice Soundstage. Everything I thgiuht it would be and then some.

Zeus r is more neutral and true to life, nicer clarity, perhaps not as much emotion as you

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,923 of 40,613
Sep 17, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #2,924 of 40,613
And I'm thinking new clientele as well!

One of the reasons I bought 64 audio u12 iems was for the Adel module. I will now definitely consider Empire ears for any future purchase as a result of their use of the Adel technology.

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #2,925 of 40,613

Well, you have no one to blame for the adulation but yourself, Jack. You had to go ahead and craft some of the best IEMs on the planet. It's your fault. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back