Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 22, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #2,117 of 40,559
lets talk bout best pairings of zeus r, can you list top 3 portable pairing sources for zeus r whether its a dap or dac/amp

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #2,119 of 40,559

Onkyo DP-X1
Chord Mojo

(Based on feedback i've received from clients)

i have the mojo and fiio x7 so i will report back when I receive my Zeus R :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #2,121 of 40,559
Cowon Plenue 1 and Plenue S.

Personally didn't love the Fiio X7, but that's personal preference.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record!

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #2,122 of 40,559
  Cowon Plenue 1 and Plenue S.

Personally didn't love the Fiio X7, but that's personal preference.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record!

can u tell me what you did not like about pairing the zeus r with fiio x7

by the way i might soon get the cowon s or p1

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,123 of 40,559
  can u tell me what you did not like about pairing the zeus r with fiio x7

by the way i might soon get the cowon s or p1

Some thoughts:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709051/cowon-plenue-p1/2085#post_12461443

Again, personal sound sig preference for me so YMMV. Can't stand bright-sounding DACs and DAPs.

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2,124 of 40,559

Some thoughts:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709051/cowon-plenue-p1/2085#post_12461443

Again, personal sound sig preference for me so YMMV. Can't stand bright-sounding DACs and DAPs.

I guess you and me share the same exact sound signature preferences

honestly i have trying so many different things with fiio x7 and although i am more happy now using am5, but still I have my own grips to the sound signature of the sabre dac which I will from now on avoid to buy if it is in any dap or dac/amp, as it needs lots of eq to make it sound good. 

I have the cowon D and I can see how the cowon plenue s will beat any other dap out there even my ak380 that I sold

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,125 of 40,559
  lets talk bout best pairings of zeus r, can you list top 3 portable pairing sources for zeus r whether its a dap or dac/amp

The best pairings are the ones that you find work and sound the best to your ears.  You're going to get (as you see by now) a lot of responses to people's favorite sources to use, but in the end, it comes to what you wind up liking the most.  Try to try all of the sources that have been mentioned and try listening to any more that you are interested in, to truly find the best sources for your individual wants and needs.

Good luck! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #2,126 of 40,559

Thank you sir! You owe it to yourself to try the R sometime! :wink:

Mmm. I'm too much in love with my Zeus right now. I don't see how much better it could get, but I guess I'll have to find out soon enough, don't I? 
wink.gif

My Zeus sounds very, very good with a Mojo. In fact, every IEM sounds great with a Mojo, but I'm digressing a little. Yes, try the Mojo. I think you'll love it.

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,129 of 40,559
Considering the Spartan to run out of my XPA-700. Seems to be sensitive, but as far as I could tell the XPA-700 is pitch black in both SE/balanced.

I auditioned the UERR recently and did not like the sound signature, but felt as though the technical qualities were lovely. Could anyone offer a comparison of the technical qualities between the UERR (my only reference sorry) and the Spartan-IV?

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #2,130 of 40,559
  Considering the Spartan to run out of my XPA-700. Seems to be sensitive, but as far as I could tell the XPA-700 is pitch black in both SE/balanced.

I auditioned the UERR recently and did not like the sound signature, but felt as though the technical qualities were lovely. Could anyone offer a comparison of the technical qualities between the UERR (my only reference sorry) and the Spartan-IV?

I found the signature very similar, maybe the Spartan just slightly more exciting. In terms of technical qualities, although I did not compare them side by side, I remember it to be comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back