Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 25, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #14,342 of 40,565
I'm sure some would swear on it!

here's one more great prog house comp for you , cause i laughed with your comment

2-cd collection , this is the 1st cd

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #14,343 of 40,565
Hi thanx for the replies.,, asking cos when I demoed the LX I do find the mids to be very pleasing and lush... would hate to altered it just bcos of faceplate choice...
If you’re worried maybe just get normal shell without plates

Jun 25, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #14,344 of 40,565
Hello guys. I am new to this thread and interested in legend x or any high end-iem that sounds great, musical, less technichal with iPhone. I am always on the go so streaming is my best solution to enjoy music. My type of music I usually listen to: EDM, Acousitc, vocal, pop and classic. I love thick bass signature not the fast punchy bass one and not too forward. I prefer thick vocal too and mids. I also, like details but not too revealing.
I'd really appreciate if someone can recommend me the best match, noting that my source is IPhone.
Thanks guys

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #14,347 of 40,565
Hello guys. I am new to this thread and interested in legend x or any high end-iem that sounds great, musical, less technichal with iPhone. I am always on the go so streaming is my best solution to enjoy music. My type of music I usually listen to: EDM, Acousitc, vocal, pop and classic. I love thick bass signature not the fast punchy bass one and not too forward. I prefer thick vocal too and mids. I also, like details but not too revealing.
I'd really appreciate if someone can recommend me the best match, noting that my source is IPhone.
Thanks guys

looks like Phantom is more what you are after , will let people who own phantom/legend chime in

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #14,349 of 40,565
Very tamed and controlled compared to the Legend X and Bravado (I only demo'd the Phantom for like five minutes though). Didn't really like it for the 3x price they were asking.

Legend X however...

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #14,350 of 40,565
I have heard a lot about legend x, am abroad and can't demo them. I don't want to buy an expensive without being 100% that it will match my preference. I bought A18t 64 audio without demoing it but sadly it was more technical than musical for me and the bass with some type of music is more forward, but they were exceptional with classic and acousitic music.

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #14,351 of 40,565
Yes, yours is 4-wire. Count them in the weave. The 8-wire is $300 from EA.
Hello
One more question : I will ask Effects Audio for bespoke 8 wire Ares II. What wire gauge did you choose : 22 or 26 awg ?

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #14,353 of 40,565
if I were to hand out tuning prices for best sounding iem, I would give out the golden medal to empire ears legend x

I wonder if legend x is as well jack's favorite sound signature @Jack Vang

Thanks for the kind words! The Legend X is VERY much my preferred sound signature and has been my go to for daily activities and listening. Out of the box they bump pretty hard in the lower region but after about 100 hours or so the W9 dynamic drivers settle down a bit and become more resolving. I switch between the LX and the ESR depending on my mood and what they're being used for.

I have some very exciting news for you all.... we are launching our first tour of the EP and X Series!
We're starting with the Bravado and the ESR. Check out the tour thread for all the details your heart desires: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/empire-ears-bravado-and-esr-tour.882618/. I'm super excited to get the ball rolling and to hear all of your thoughts and impressions on these two models. They are genuinely two of my favorites out of our entire lineup. Woohoo!

To follow up on what @Devon Higgins said the ESR & Bravado tour is officially up! This will be one of many tours and we'll definitely be extending it globally based upon interest in your region. Devon btw is the latest addition to the Empire fam and will be replacing Ethan Groover as our go-to customer service representative for Head-Fi members so please do not hesitate to ping her for anything you all might need. I apologize sincerely for the lack of responses that you may have received from Ethan but I assure you all the Devon is rock solid and i'm confident that she'll represent us well. If you have any inquiries that have not been answered from Ethan please forward it to Devon via PM or e-mail (and CC me) ASAP for immediate assistance.

For emergencies, immediate assistance, & weekend replies (or even just to say hi) i'm still available personally and my new contact information is as follows:

Email: Jack@EmpireEars.com
Text: 678-478-3915
Office: 770-945-0065 EXT 1002
WeChat: J_Vang
WhatsApp: 678-478-3915
Line: 678-478-3915

For all international texters, don't forget to add +1.

Moving on to the Phantom affair with @flinkenick from a while back. What happened was especially difficult for me personally, since I have had what I consider a long and outstanding relationship with Nic. I think all of us - including Nic – truly regret how things went down, especially after such a successful cooperation during the development of the new lineup. We not only appreciated Nic’s good ear, but his honest and straightforward approach with us. It is our position Nic played an essential role in the feedback process of the Phantom, and in determining whether the end product would be suitable for the high-end audio enthusiast market. In the end, we realize that recognition for the Phantom itself was not the issue, but that an employee’s response to a reviewer’s social media post could have been more tactfully placed, regardless of the content. We hope to work with him in the future, and continue to bring you all the best you have come to associate with Empire Ears.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #14,354 of 40,565

Did you do a search on the thread? Wyville did a review of it. You might want to read that.
Yes, I did. Thank your for your advices (already followed you with Final Audio Type E tips that suit so well to Zeus) :)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #14,355 of 40,565
As promised the Custom Art custom eartips
20180625_175303~2.jpg
20180625_175330~2.jpg 20180625_175343~3.jpg 20180625_175409~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back