Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 19, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #10,306 of 40,587
You're Elvis Presley? :p
giphy.gif

Being (slightly) schizophrenic, I can neither confirm nor deny that :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #10,307 of 40,587
Le me:

yaas.gif

EDIT: Also, can the stream be viewed now? Any links?

If anyone’s curious here’s the link to the livestream: https://www.facebook.com/crystalsoundaudio/videos/1652384884821044/. It’s about 95% musicians performing with and talking about the new EE IEMs in Mandarin (which I do not speak), and 5% Jack and Suyang (of Effect Audio) basically saying what @Gavin C4 has already said on the thread. But, you can give it a watch if you happen to understand the language and could translate it for the rest of us common folk. :D

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #10,308 of 40,587
If anyone’s curious here’s the link to the livestream: https://www.facebook.com/crystalsoundaudio/videos/1652384884821044/. It’s about 95% musicians performing with and talking about the new EE IEMs in Mandarin (which I do not speak), and 5% Jack and Suyang (of Effect Audio) basically saying what @Gavin C4 has already said on the thread. But, you can give it a watch if you happen to understand the language and could translate it for the rest of us common folk. :D

Thank God I do know Mandarin. :D

Thanks a lot buddy.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #10,309 of 40,587
Relax guys, I got this.

Skip to about 18:00 and Mr Jack Vang and Mr Suyang will enter the frame to introduce their products in ENGLISH. Yeaaaaaa boiiiiiiii. It's about 2 minutes long. So all the new EE IEMs will be paired with the EA Ares II cable.

Right after that the emcee introduced the EP and X series very briefly in Cantonese. It's a dialect native to Hong Kong and parts of China, and thankfully, I understand Canto. The EP series will be all-BA and pursues a more balanced signature. The X series will be hybrid, the emcee notes they will have the punch of dynamic drivers and the detail of BA drivers. A very general description of the hybrid sound as a whole. Then the band members chronicle their use of EE monitors on stage and in the studio. No specific mentions of the new models though.

Then rewind to 8:00 to enjoy a Cantonese pop-rock song. Then at 13:20 they perform a more polished version of the same song. It's very nice, but sounds bad out of my laptop speakers. Sure wish I had some EE IEMs with me... :p

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #10,311 of 40,587
I shall try to 了解 (understand) the stream. Be back soon

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #10,314 of 40,587
giphy.gif

Being (slightly) schizophrenic, I can neither confirm nor deny that :wink:
At least you chose the slimmer, more streamlined Elvis model

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #10,315 of 40,587
nth abt when it would be out ? sad !

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #10,316 of 40,587
Boy you guys are resourceful. Sorry no technical details were given out. Soon! :wink:

I think it's safe to say patience is just that name of a card game to most of the regulars who frequent this thread (myself included)! :wink:

Looking forward to reading all about the new line up when you guys are ready to do the grand reveal - as you are now doing a week's worth of new models (7 - insane!), does that mean you'll be doing a week's worth of releases when they finally hit the ground? :wink:

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #10,317 of 40,587
What an exciting time for EE. 7 new models to chose from? The cool thing, is that we already know how great their lower price IEM's sound in the current line, so I'm sure that the new line won't be far off. It's also neat that they will use two separate lines for sound signatures. I've noticed that you guys are all about what curves the IEM's have, so they will make it very easy fro folks to chose what they want in regards to a curve and then what price range they can afford. To come with the cable they will is also amazing. As I've said, I'm new to the IEM world and I have not liked the cable that my current IEM's use. The memory deal on the ears are not stable and I hate how the pins fit into the unit. I took them out once to try another cable and they wouldn't come out easily at all. Then when putting them back in, it was a bear and the pins bent a bit, but at least they didn't break.

This is one reason I always read folks posts bout cables and cringe as the thought of having to change them out as I'm worried about damage, lol. Very exciting times and I can't wait to hear them all at Cam Jam NYC next month.

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #10,318 of 40,587
I think it's safe to say patience is just that name of a card game to most of the regulars who frequent this thread (myself included)! :wink:

Looking forward to reading all about the new line up when you guys are ready to do the grand reveal - as you are now doing a week's worth of new models (7 - insane!), does that mean you'll be doing a week's worth of releases when they finally hit the ground? :wink:
I remember when EE first launched the Olympus series with 6 new IEMs in one go from Supra to Apollo. Then the big reveal that would be Zeus came after a few weeks of teasing.

If any company knows how to build hype, it's EE.

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #10,319 of 40,587

Users who are viewing this thread

Back