Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 2, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #9,481 of 40,730
Why not the moded wm1z?

Too heavy... on both the hand and the wallet. :D

Does Empire Ears provide kits for audition?

I believe @aaf evo here had EE send him a Zeus-XR to audition, so I'm sure you could do the same as well.

My tinnitus gave me a strong recall last week, so I decided to go for Adel IEMs.
After a lot of reading, and some good contacts with Empire Ears (thank you, Ethan :) ), I made my choice : it will be Zeus XR.
Ordered this morning, now I have to be patient...

Congrats on the purchase, man! Good luck with the wait. :wink:

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #9,482 of 40,730
I am surprised with Ak120II, I am at a volume of 50 that with K10, I go up to 65.
I do not know if it's the low impedance that does that, or it's just the Zeus.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #9,483 of 40,730
I am surprised with Ak120II, I am at a volume of 50 that with K10, I go up to 65.

EE IEMs are very easy to drive. They are the easiest out of all my IEMs, and I usually listen to them 10-20 steps lower.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #9,484 of 40,730
Strange, I'm listening at a lower volume with my XR than with my UERM. High 60's to low/mid 70's with the UERM and now with the XR upper 50's to low/middle 60's on most music. Now some, its 80 or higher, but that is usually older CD's that were recorded/mixed low to begin with (Randy Newman, for example). Newer (often remixed volume war) stuff like the Atomic Blonde soundtrack, I have to lower to very low 50's.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #9,485 of 40,730
Congrats on the purchase, man! Good luck with the wait. :wink:
For the moment, I don't know how long I'll have to wait... For those who ordered Zeus Universal, how long did it take ?

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #9,486 of 40,730
It says 3-4 weeks on the web site. If you are having a custom Uni made (colors and design) I would assume that would be it. Plus they close down for the Holiday for at least a week. I bought a stock black Uni they had in the shop and got it in a couple of days. I liked the black aesthetically and wanted a stealth look because I walk with it out in public (I did get some positive response from a checker at the local Trader Joe's -a specialty food store- about them). And I HATE waiting for new toys. :)

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #9,487 of 40,730

Assuming you are staying consistent and testing both from either SE or BAL ports, the difference in volume is due to their sensitivity spec. Zeus is 119dB while Noble doesn't publicize it, but if you need less volume to push it to the same loudness level as Zeus, most likely K10 has a higher sensitivity. It's not very clear from your question above if you at 50 with K10 and at 65 with Zeus, but that's what I assume. Sorry, I don't have Zeus, only K10UA, so can't confirm it.

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #9,489 of 40,730
My tinnitus gave me a strong recall last week, so I decided to go for Adel IEMs.
After a lot of reading, and some good contacts with Empire Ears (thank you, Ethan :) ), I made my choice : it will be Zeus XR.
Ordered this morning, now I have to be patient...
Congrats! I see you have the Plenue 2. I wouldn't be surprised if that one also has amazing synergy with the Zeus XR :ksc75smile:
Plenue 1 + Zeus XR (non Adel) is still my favourite match. Probably a wise choice to go for the Adel when you already suffer from tinnitus.

Yeah, like Tom Petty used to sing: ''The waiting is the hardest part''

Yes, the Zeus needs less power (about the same as the also easy to drive Andromeda) than most other (c)iems out there.

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #9,490 of 40,730
I simplify, Ak120II:

K10 : volume 65
Zeus XRA: Volume 50

Then, it's the other way around, K10 could have less sensitivity. I mean, it's both, the combination of impedance and sensitivity, you know that higher impedance full size cans (300 ohm+) are harder to drive and need amplification in comparison to more efficient 150ohm or "portable" 32ohm cans, just like some other iems with impedance of 60 ohm+ (Pinnacle 1, as an example) require more driving power. But I suspect in case of K10 vs Zeus XRA, sensitivity could play a bigger role.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #9,493 of 40,730
EE IEMs are very easy to drive. They are the easiest out of all my IEMs, and I usually listen to them 10-20 steps lower.
True...my Zeus returned home today...and I almost blew my ears out after using my EM10 on the M3s.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #9,494 of 40,730

Users who are viewing this thread

Back