Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 11, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #7,158 of 40,577
Where can I find impressions of those haha

Those are an off-menu special.

Maybe you can tell us what kind of sound you are looking for and the genres that you listen to so that those who have heard the line-up can recommend accordingly :)

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #7,159 of 40,577
Those are an off-menu special.

Maybe you can tell us what kind of sound you are looking for and the genres that you listen to so that those who have heard the line-up can recommend accordingly
smily_headphones1.gif

So I actually love my Lime Ears Aether, a warmer IEM. I typically like an L shaped response curve, mostly neutral but a bump in the sub-bass so I can feel the bass and a slight bump in the mid bass, but can't stand treble roll off. I didn't like the Noble K10's and 1964 V8s both darker than I like, I do enjoy my Rhapsodio Galaxy's but want customs and ADEL :)

I listen to a lot of Electronic/Indie (Bonobo, Major Lazer, Mura Masa, Sylvan Esso, Purity Ring), hip hop (Migos, Kanye), RnB (Gallant, Sampha), a tiny bit of rock, things like Dispatch, Radiohead, etc.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #7,160 of 40,577

So I actually love my Lime Ears Aether, a warmer IEM. I typically like an L shaped response curve, mostly neutral but a bump in the sub-bass so I can feel the bass and a slight bump in the mid bass, but can't stand treble roll off. I didn't like the Noble K10's and 1964 V8s both darker than I like, I do enjoy my Rhapsodio Galaxy's but want customs and ADEL :)

I listen to a lot of EDM (Bonobo, Major Lazer, Mura Masa), hip hop (Migos, Kanye), RnB (Gallant, Sampha), a tiny bit of rock, things like Dispatch, Radiohead, etc.

I think among the 3 probably Zeus-R is the best? But somehow I have a feeling you will really enjoy the Athena.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #7,161 of 40,577

I listen to a lot of EDM (Bonobo, Major Lazer, Mura Masa), hip hop (Migos, Kanye), RnB (Gallant, Sampha), a tiny bit of rock, things like Dispatch, Radiohead, etc.

Hmm, you might want to look at the Hermes and Athena. They seem to fit your requirements the most!

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #7,162 of 40,577

Hmm, you might want to look at the Hermes and Athena. They seem to fit your requirements the most!

I think among the 3 probably Zeus-R is the best? But somehow I have a feeling you will really enjoy the Athena.

Awesome thanks! I'll take a look into the Athena and Zeus-R! Would you say G1 module for ADEL?

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #7,163 of 40,577

Awesome thanks! I'll take a look into the Athena and Zeus-R! Would you say G1 module for ADEL?

I don't know about the Zeus-R since I don't own one, but the G1 modules are my absolute favorite ADEL modules for the Athena.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #7,166 of 40,577
  Lucky you to be getting some tax refund. I could have bought an XRA w/ the additional uncle Sam is taking from me. Can only hope it's put to good use. 

Yea I'm a young guy with a kid, it helps.  But it'll be a worthless refund when he's out of the house! Will have to have another, hopefully a girl this time! (would make my wife happy)

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #7,170 of 40,577

R or XIV, if you want sub-bass, do NOT take the ADEL route. 

Interesting, I may be screwed haha, I wanted ADEL cause customs have been giving me issues where the pressure causes slight tension/headaches through my left ear from the tight seal, hoping ADEL would be able to help. I don't seem to have this issue w/ universal IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back