Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 6, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #6,016 of 40,600
  Anyone ever have a problem with the IEM staying on a 2-pin connector?  I received a new cable on Friday (ALO Ref8), and periodically my left monitor just falls off the cable.  I've bent one of the pins slightly to help keep it in place, but feel bending the pins are not a good idea.  Anyone have that problem and can offer a better solution to keeping the IEM in place?

Based on my experience with the few cables and IEMs, the fit has always been tight, in fact too tight. Do you have any other 2 pin IEMs? If yes, if you observe similar results with the 2nd IEM too, then it is safe to say that the connectors on the cable are faulty. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #6,017 of 40,600
Does anyone use any tools to remove their ADEL modules?
Mine are so tight my thumb nail almost snapped trying to pull them out 
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #6,018 of 40,600
confused_face(1).gif

As I mentioned to you at the show
wink.gif
this one works great (ic chip extractor) and you can get it for a few bucks off ebay:

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #6,019 of 40,600
confused_face(1).gif

Try this: Rotate the module in the socket and while rotating, keep pulling the module out, until it is loose enough to pop out.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #6,020 of 40,600

As I mentioned to you at the show
wink.gif
this one works great (ic chip extractor) and you can get it for a few bucks off ebay:

THAT'S WHAT THEY WERE CALLED!!
Cheers my man!

Edit: Just picked these up off Amazon for $5 or so.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #6,022 of 40,600

Man......words can't describe how AWESOME CanJam NYC 2017 was! The HeadFi Team really, really worked their arses off to make this the massive success that it was. Turnout was fantastic and the venue was just phenomenal. We're really ecstatic and proud to be a part of such an awesome community! Until next time! Next stop, SINGAPORE!

​
 ​

Huge thanks to my bros @Canyon Runner & @EffectAudio for always holding it down with us. Shout out to Chord for letting us borrow the Hugo 2! Sounds ABSOLUTELY AMAZEBALLS WITH OUR IEMS! As for the "secret weapon" @ironpeg spoke of, it isn't the Savage IX. We'll be venturing down a different path with this one and it will not supersede Zeus. To those that have heard it or know about it.......

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Seriously :)

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #6,023 of 40,600

That's weird. How long have you had them for?
In contrast, my IEM cables have a hard time even getting into the Zeus' sockets. They're so tight that I just leave them halfway in.
My ADEL sockets have the same issue. So tight that even Jack with his huge arms wasn't finding it easy to remove.

I've had the Zeus XRA for about 3 months.  The cable, about 3 days.  I don't think I'd want them as tight as yours as I like to periodically switch to different cables, but not so loose they fall off, either.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #6,024 of 40,600

Based on my experience with the few cables and IEMs, the fit has always been tight, in fact too tight. Do you have any other 2 pin IEMs? If yes, if you observe similar results with the 2nd IEM too, then it is safe to say that the connectors on the cable are faulty. 

Thanks.  Apparently not something other people have had problems with.  I'll reach out to ALO.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #6,026 of 40,600
Thanks.  Apparently not something other people have had problems with.  I'll reach out to ALO.

Are they .78?

WHEN in Singapore?

CanJam Singapore 2017
Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard
Marina Square
Singapore 039595

Saturday, March 11, 2017
11am to 8pm

Sunday, March 12, 2017
11am to 7pm

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #6,027 of 40,600
Are they .78?
CanJam Singapore 2017
Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard
Marina Square
Singapore 039595

Saturday, March 11, 2017
11am to 8pm

Sunday, March 12, 2017
11am to 7pm

Jack: I'm not 100% sure.  Their website describes them as "2-pin Custom". When I ordered, I noted they were for Empire Ears Zeus in the comments.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #6,028 of 40,600
Feb 6, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #6,029 of 40,600

That's weird. How long have you had them for?
In contrast, my IEM cables have a hard time even getting into the Zeus' sockets. They're so tight that I just leave them halfway in.
My ADEL sockets have the same issue. So tight that even Jack with his huge arms wasn't finding it easy to remove.

The module's socket will expand over time the more you remove the modules and they will be easy to pull out with your weak hand in no time.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #6,030 of 40,600
I am pairing my zeus xr adel with cowon pm2, and the synergy is spot on. Also there is no hiss what so ever

I can say this to bass lovers, that with EQ you will not miss any bass with the zeus xr adel using the g1 module. Well controlled bass that is tight and hits hard when eq is used. so you have the option to listen in pure mode with no eq and enjoy an absolute reference sound signature and for the fun of it you engage eq and you can turn it into an iem with authoritative amazing low end 

Its really amazing how well the zeus responds to eq, usually i eq all my iems and headphones, and when doing this sometimes it can get messy, as the mids get drowned in the process. Now equing the zeus xr adel just amazes me how well it responds to eq 

Cowon daps has the best dsp in any dap, and somehow I think cowon designed that dap so that it should be eqed to get the best out it. 

Perfect synergy between cowon and zeus.

Until now i prefer crytsalline foam tips with zeus xr adel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back