Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #6,046 of 40,611
If your into bass the noble line has more really... K10 and Encore. But with mild EQ you can do the same with Zeus. But even if u don't choose to EQ, it has plenty of quantity an quality. The way the EE drivers respond to EQ is outstanding. No distortion no bloat.
The gains you get across the whole boards is just stellar.

Will play with EQ but I don't know what I am doing. Lol

I have a few nice cables that I will pair with Zeus (PW Audio no5, 1960's 2 wire, and TWAu. Each of these cables did really nice things for the Katana's bass, so I anticipate they may do the same for Zeus.

I am guessing the Zeus bass may be similar to Katana in quantity and quality.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #6,047 of 40,611
Did you try it by FiiO table or outside?  It was loud on the floor.  Got X5iii and Zeus XRA (w/G1) with me, and hissing is stronger than with LPG.
At the Fiio table, on Sunday and it was within the first 45 minutes of the floor being open so fairly quiet in comparison to Saturday, but I must just not be as sensitive to hiss. I felt it was less than the Mojo, at least on the exact unit I tried, at Fiio they said there are still some unstablities with the new X5iii, so idk. Also I haven't ever tried the LPG, except the modded one at Stereo Pravada.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #6,048 of 40,611
Banking on this. I recently sold my Katana and K10ua to fund the Zeus XRA, which are currently being made.

wow , you must be the black sheep over at the noble thread 
tongue.gif

[ enjoy your zeus , i wish i could afford a set of them ]

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #6,049 of 40,611
wow , you must be the black sheep over at the noble thread :p  

[ enjoy your zeus , i wish i could afford a set of them ]

Haha, I just smoke bombed it out of there. Zeus sounds like a monster and the Adel got me over the line.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #6,050 of 40,611

Man......words can't describe how AWESOME CanJam NYC 2017 was! The HeadFi Team really, really worked their arses off to make this the massive success that it was. Turnout was fantastic and the venue was just phenomenal. We're really ecstatic and proud to be a part of such an awesome community! Until next time! Next stop, SINGAPORE!

​
 ​

Huge thanks to my bros @Canyon Runner & @EffectAudio for always holding it down with us. Shout out to Chord for letting us borrow the Hugo 2! Sounds ABSOLUTELY AMAZEBALLS WITH OUR IEMS! As for the "secret weapon" @ironpeg spoke of, it isn't the Savage IX. We'll be venturing down a different path with this one and it will not supersede Zeus. To those that have heard it or know about it.......

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Seriously :)

My bad Jack. I'll hush now.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #6,051 of 40,611
I tried the Zeus XR ADEL with the Fiio X5 version 3 with at Canjam, it had very slight hiss, but as soon as you started playing music it was inaudible.

Did you try it by FiiO table or outside?  It was loud on the floor.  Got X5iii and Zeus XRA (w/G1) with me, and hissing is stronger than with LPG.

Fiio X5Gen3 was the first thing I tried in Canjam NYC. Yep, it hisses a lot with Zeus XRA. Similar to Mojo.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #6,052 of 40,611
Fiio X5Gen3 was the first thing I tried in Canjam NYC. Yep, it hisses a lot with Zeus XRA. Similar to Mojo.
I guess I just have a higher tolerance for hiss then.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #6,053 of 40,611
Banking on this. I recently sold my Katana and K10ua to fund the Zeus XRA, which are currently being made.

I was unimpressed by the K10UA. My Zeus-R is markedly better to these ears.

I wrote this in my review:

"Prior to owning the Zeus-R, I owned the Noble K10 universal in aluminum. While it was a fantastic IEM in clarity, smoothness and especially soundstage, it really fell short when it came to treble. To my ears the K10UA was fatiguing after short periods of time, and I found myself wincing on recordings mastered to be a bit "hot." The K10UA really seemed to accentuate the rougher qualities of those tracks to the point of discomfort, and treble definition suffered as cymbals were particularly splashy and grating. Incidentally, I've heard rumors that the custom version of the K10 has a more subdued treble, but I have yet to try it."

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #6,056 of 40,611
Anyone know which Empire model Jude was getting impressions for?
Yeah, probably the Zeus XR ADEL, I forgot to ask him when I talked to him at the show, but that's what I'd think.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #6,059 of 40,611

Users who are viewing this thread

Back