Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 6, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #6,031 of 40,540
I am pairing my zeus xr adel with cowon pm2, and the synergy is spot on. Also there is no hiss what so ever

I can say this to bass lovers, that with EQ you will not miss any bass with the zeus xr adel using the g1 module. Well controlled bass that is tight and hits hard when eq is used. so you have the option to listen in pure mode with no eq and enjoy an absolute reference sound signature and for the fun of it you engage eq and you can turn it into an iem with authoritative amazing low end 

Its really amazing how well the zeus responds to eq, usually i eq all my iems and headphones, and when doing this sometimes it can get messy, as the mids get drowned in the process. Now equing the zeus xr adel just amazes me how well it responds to eq 

Cowon daps has the best dsp in any dap, and somehow I think cowon designed that dap so that it should be eqed to get the best out it. 

Perfect synergy between cowon and zeus.

Exactly, no distortion (if you don't get crazy) and never drowns the mids, I love it,

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #6,032 of 40,540
Exactly, no distortion (if you don't get crazy) and never drowns the mids, I love it,

exactly no distortion what so ever that describes it the best

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #6,033 of 40,540
  I am pairing my zeus xr adel with cowon pm2, and the synergy is spot on. Also there is no hiss what so ever

I can say this to bass lovers, that with EQ you will not miss any bass with the zeus xr adel using the g1 module. Well controlled bass that is tight and hits hard when eq is used. so you have the option to listen in pure mode with no eq and enjoy an absolute reference sound signature and for the fun of it you engage eq and you can turn it into an iem with authoritative amazing low end 

Its really amazing how well the zeus responds to eq, usually i eq all my iems and headphones, and when doing this sometimes it can get messy, as the mids get drowned in the process. Now equing the zeus xr adel just amazes me how well it responds to eq 

Cowon daps has the best dsp in any dap, and somehow I think cowon designed that dap so that it should be eqed to get the best out it. 

Perfect synergy between cowon and zeus.

Until now i prefer crytsalline foam tips with zeus xr adel

Now, I completely agree with you on that!

Cowon P1 (also having a DX100 and LPG over here, which also ain't bad) with Zeus XR (non Adel) is also still my favorite match so far
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #6,035 of 40,540
and you also report no hiss?

No hiss indeed, if there is hiss with P1, than I just can't hear it. While hiss on LPG and DX100 is noticeable (but not on an annoying level for me) and hiss straight out of X5 and DX80 is strong (definitely on an annoying level to my ears)

Btw, when I listen with Zeus out of the X5 with an Arrow 5P amp, the hiss is almost gone.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #6,036 of 40,540
No hiss indeed, if there is hiss with P1, than I just can't hear it. While hiss on LPG and DX100 is noticeable (but not on an annoying level for me) and hiss straight out of X5 and DX80 is strong (definitely on an annoying level to my ears)

Btw, when I listen with Zeus out of the X5 with an Arrow 5P amp, the hiss is almost gone.

Have you heard P1 vs mojo? I'm curious on how the synergy is with zeus

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #6,037 of 40,540
Have you heard P1 vs mojo? I'm curious on how the synergy is with zeus

No, I have never heard / tried the Mojo myself. When @flinkenick still had his P1, he tried it with the Mojo once. He told me that the P1 didn't benefit at all from the Mojo regarding sq, so I lost interest in Mojo. Besides that, I also had the Hugo (which I have sold just yesterday after almost 2 years) at that time.

So, I don't know anything about Mojo + Zeus synergy (maybe somebody else?)
Cowon P1, and obviously PM2 as well have superb synergy with Zeus though 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #6,038 of 40,540

No, I have never heard / tried the Mojo myself. When @flinkenick still had his P1, he tried it with the Mojo once. He told me that the P1 didn't benefit at all from the Mojo regarding sq, so I lost interest in Mojo. Besides that, I also had the Hugo (which I have sold just yesterday after almost 2 years) at that time.

So, I don't know anything about Mojo + Zeus synergy (maybe somebody else?)
Cowon P1, and obviously PM2 as well have superb synergy with Zeus though 
ksc75smile.gif

from my own experience no need to use mojo with cowon, i barely listen at volume 25 from my cowon with my zeus xr adel, and i do not feel that stacking a mojo to cowon will add that much difference

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #6,039 of 40,540
I tried the Zeus XR ADEL with the Fiio X5 version 3 with at Canjam, it had very slight hiss, but as soon as you started playing music it was inaudible.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #6,040 of 40,540
I tried the Zeus XR ADEL with the Fiio X5 version 3 with at Canjam, it had very slight hiss, but as soon as you started playing music it was inaudible.

Did you try it by FiiO table or outside?  It was loud on the floor.  Got X5iii and Zeus XRA (w/G1) with me, and hissing is stronger than with LPG.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #6,041 of 40,540
Every review ever done on the Zeus says it's highly detailed and revealing. You know what that means.
biggrin.gif

Yes, that has been my experience so far.  But it's not etched sounding or giving the impression of too much detail...as it is musical too.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #6,042 of 40,540
Have you guys heard the noble line up? I've heard the k10u and Encores/katana and I felt Zeus XR bests them all (the bass region in Encores and k10 do have more bass) but resolution/clarity/coherence/imaging and Soundstage, Zeus XR beats them by large margin

Banking on this. I recently sold my Katana and K10ua to fund the Zeus XRA, which are currently being made.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #6,043 of 40,540
Banking on this. I recently sold my Katana and K10ua to fund the Zeus XRA, which are currently being made.

If your into bass the noble line has more really... K10 and Encore. But with mild EQ you can do the same with Zeus. But even if u don't choose to EQ, it has plenty of quantity an quality. The way the EE drivers respond to EQ is outstanding. No distortion no bloat.
The gains you get across the whole boards is just stellar.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #6,044 of 40,540
If your into bass the noble line has more really... K10 and Encore. But with mild EQ you can do the same with Zeus. But even if u don't choose to EQ, it has plenty of quantity an quality. The way the EE drivers respond to EQ is outstanding. No distortion no bloat.
The gains you get across the whole boards is just stellar.

I stream most of music through Tidal, any way to EQ when using Tidal?

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #6,045 of 40,540
I stream most of music through Tidal, any way to EQ when using Tidal?

On Android for example you can get an app *UAPP* and it has EQ and parametric EQ. Read some EQ threads in sound science and you will learn how to EQ properly. I am sure there are other ways to EQ streamed contents, but when I do choose to EQ (rarely as Zeus is just nicely done) it's the way. I imagine laptop or comp would be every more wide in options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back