Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 5, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #5,986 of 40,562
  Hi headfiers,

After several universal iems and over-ears I am definitely thinking in pull the trigger on a custom Empire Ears iem.
But I would like to share with you one of my main questions.

If you read Empire Ears FAQ, you will find this:

How long will my custom in-ear monitor last?
Normally, they should last you about 3 to 5+ years depending on usage and care.

I truly convinced that this answer not only applies to Empire Ears custom iems but to all customs in general.
But why only 3-5 years? It means that the custom iems will not be useful at all, or just you will have to reshell them because your ears will change and iems will not fit properly?

Could anybody give more info about it?
Specially people who has had custom iems since more than 5 years :wink:

Thanks all!

I'm assuming they're estimating 3-5 years as it is how long they expect the internal components to properly function. Another factor of this is the longevity of the acrylic used to construct the IEM. A universal's comfort and seal over the long term would mostly depend on the tips used and they're easily replaceable once worn away; this is not applicable to customs for obvious reasons. On the other hand, as you said, the human ear may change size and shape and that will require the CIEM to be reshelled.

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #5,987 of 40,562
Just received my Zeus XR Adel, simply speechless

After a week after I finish from some work related commitments I will share my full impressions with pictures, but for now  all I can say its simply amazing

@Jack Vang thanks so so much for this master piece

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #5,988 of 40,562
Just received my Zeus XR Adel, simply speechless

After a week after I finish from some work related commitments I will share my full impressions with pictures, but for now  all I can say its simply amazing

@Jack Vang
 thanks so so much for this master piece

How they look like?

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #5,989 of 40,562
Feb 5, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #5,990 of 40,562
What are the differnece between the Zeus models, I have been on their site but I can't seem to distinguish the difference with R and XIV. Any help understanding would be appreciated. Adel models are what I'm most interested

Feb 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #5,991 of 40,562
What are the differnece between the Zeus models, I have been on their site but I can't seem to distinguish the difference with R and XIV. Any help understanding would be appreciated. Adel models are what I'm most interested

i will soon give my impressions in a week, but if i were u i would just buy zeus xr adel and there u have 2 in iems. I like both signatures but today I mainly listened to xiv mode

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #5,993 of 40,562
Hi headfiers,

After several universal iems and over-ears I am definitely thinking in pull the trigger on a custom Empire Ears iem.
But I would like to share with you one of my main questions.

If you read Empire Ears FAQ, you will find this:

How long will my custom in-ear monitor last?
Normally, they should last you about 3 to 5+ years depending on usage and care.

I truly convinced that this answer not only applies to Empire Ears custom iems but to all customs in general.
But why only 3-5 years? It means that the custom iems will not be useful at all, or just you will have to reshell them because your ears will change and iems will not fit properly?

Could anybody give more info about it?
Specially people who has had custom iems since more than 5 years :wink:

Thanks all!

Your ear shape changes along the time.

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #5,995 of 40,562
Currently, it couldn't beat Zeus. Bass is a bit overwhelming. Treble is the beast! Mid is positioned between XIV and R.

This sounds more my speed. :D

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #5,996 of 40,562
i will soon give my impressions in a week, but if i were u i would just buy zeus xr adel and there u have 2 in iems. I like both signatures but today I mainly listened to xiv mode

Short Sum Up:

XIV- mid centric, fun sound, more mid bass and mid.
R- Reference, flat, a bit laid back mid

Yep. That's what makes the XR so amazing. It's like 2 in 1. They're not worlds apart, but different enough to both have their place.

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #5,997 of 40,562
They (aluminum wings) look even more stunning up close in person :wink:   It was nice meeting you, Ed!

Jack and Dean @ CanJam NYC :D

lol, that's a picture of me looking at something, but I don't know what, can't remember.:joy::joy::joy:(I'm the guy sitting down wearing the Empire Ears shirt.)

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #5,999 of 40,562
Hope I can pick up a set of carrot modules tomorrow! Forgot to ask Stephen about them today.
By the way, Stephen is also an amazingly accommodating and friendly person. Say hi to him as well if you see him tomorrow!
I got a set of the carrots, haven't really had a chance to listen to my Spartan with them yet. Also I agree Steve was super helpful while I was there, I was swapping cables on things so often.:joy:

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #6,000 of 40,562
I got a set of the carrots, haven't really had a chance to listen to my Spartan with them yet. Also I agree Steve was super helpful while I was there, I was swapping cables on things so often.:joy:

Got the carrots as well.
Didn't see Steve on day 1, but today he was a great help too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back