1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
Next

Last
  1. NaiveSound

I see, well your gonna love them, you ordering soon? Do you have other IEMs with adel?

2. Overkill Red
    Hope I can pick up a set of carrot modules tomorrow! Forgot to ask Stephen about them today.
    By the way, Stephen is also an amazingly accommodating and friendly person. Say hi to him as well if you see him tomorrow!

Ike1985 and Canyon Runner like this.
  3. Ike1985

I have A12.  I'll never buy another non-ADEL IEM. The transparency, naturalness of both tone, proper pressure-free listening with regard to ear anatomy and health benefits are something I refuse to compromise on.

Deftone and linux4ever like this.
  4. NaiveSound

While I'm waiting for my XR adel to come in by Friday of this coming week.... Your getting me even more exited. I truly and pumped to see what this fuzz is all about lol

5. Ike1985

I'm getting XR ADEL as well a toast to you my friend. 

6. NaiveSound

By the way, what does the U12 miss that your trying to find in Zeus? Upgradeitis or superiority?

7. Ike1985

Upper mids, highs, resolution, doesn't need an impedance adapter (causes loss of transparency) to sound good.

8. PinkyPowers

The U12 lacks treble. It's well extended in the high-range, but it's recessed. It has a very warm, dark sound.

I disagree with Ike1985 that it lacks resolution, though. The U12 is top tier in that, along with staging and imaging.

9. NaiveSound

I suppose U12 is non fatiguing (at least in the top end) due to the recessed highs? I guess it's something a cable cant fix?

10. Ike1985

IMO impedance adapter has the most influence on fixing it, cable is secondary to that.  Non-fatiguing aspect has more to do with ADEL than the signature.  The U12 signature is frustrating because if you crank it you can hear some of the detail you've been missing which is counter intuitive to ADEL.  In other words, ADEL makes lower volumes sound louder and the A12 signature makes you want to crank it to get that detail.

11. NaiveSound

I understand the frustration with that. When will you be putting your order in?

12. Ike1985

Soon. Don't have an exact date yet. [​IMG]

13. tkteo
    toasts to both of you

14. PinkyPowers

Very non-fatiguing indeed.

It's all about signature preference. I can understand when someone wants more treble. For me, I find this sound to be my happy place. You won't find me pushing the volume to force the details to the fore.

But it's definitely not for everyone. :wink:

15. NaiveSound

What are you seeking in Zeus?

First

Back
388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
Next

Last