Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 21, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #5,566 of 40,594
And hope they make bassy ADEL IEMs that don't skimp on the other frequencies :etysmile:
I don't think that that's possible since their name would be on the line

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #5,567 of 40,594
I don't think that that's possible since their name would be on the line

What's wrong with making a bassy IEM with ADEL? 
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #5,569 of 40,594
I currently has Zeus XIV and Savage 9, it is very clear that S9 has way more Bass than Zeus, IMO EE is in the work for the S9 ADEL

Can you compare the midrange? I heard Zeus XIV is a mid-forward IEM, what's the midrange like in Savage 9?
Also Soundstage wise?
Is Savage 9 dark?
Also how much does a Savage 9 cost?

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #5,571 of 40,594
Can you compare the midrange? I heard Zeus XIV is a mid-forward IEM, what's the midrange like in Savage 9?
Also Soundstage wise?
Is Savage 9 dark?
Also how much does a Savage 9 cost?

Sorry I am not one of those that can tell the difference btw IEM in detail, all I know is that it sounded good to my ears:smile: As for price it is similar to apollo x

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #5,572 of 40,594
Sorry I am not one of those that can tell the difference btw IEM in detail, all I know is that it sounded good to my ears:smile: As for price it is similar to apollo x

If you had to choose between Zeus XIV vs Savage 9 to keep with you for a lifetime, which would you choose? 
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #5,573 of 40,594
You like bass :thumbsup:.

Maybe a stupid question! When you listen to Zeus for a longer period of time, do you miss that bass? Or is the Zeus that good you forget all about it.

Zeus bass is there but not in quantity as Savage 9, if you like Bass I would recommend you pick S9, also I like to listen to S9 on my Sony wm1a/1z more than Zeus

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #5,575 of 40,594
Zeus bass is there but not in quantity as Savage 9, if you like Bass I would recommend you pick S9, also I like to listen to S9 on my Sony wm1a/1z more than Zeus

I like the savage 5 more then the savage 9.

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #5,577 of 40,594
id there a big difference in sound signature between Zeus R and Zeus XIV? what are the main differences?

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #5,578 of 40,594
  id there a big difference in sound signature between Zeus R and Zeus XIV? what are the main differences?

For me (I only have my Zeus XR for a few days now) 'how big' also depends on the dap that I'm using it with. For instance, the difference with the XR switch on my Plenue 1 between the 2 signatures is more noticeable than on my LPG. But yes, there is a difference (probably on all daps) for sure. To describe it basically: with XIV the mids are coming more forward, which gives it a more energetic/sensational sound signature. With R the signature becomes more relaxed and the soundstage also seems a bit wider that way. I think I've used both settings about equally so far, and I can honestly say that I like them both!

I'm sure there are others who can answer your question in a much better and more detailed way than I can. But I can assure you that I'm very glad that I chose the switch version
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #5,579 of 40,594

I agree with @Kerouac in most regards, but my experience with the Zeus-XR is short so take my impressions with a grain of salt. To me, the XIV was expansive and lively while the R was intimate and resolving.

In that regard, the XIV sounded dynamic and fun while the R felt reference and somewhat boring in comparison. In a way, I'll liken it to the XIV being live in front of a concert while the R would be straight out of the studio recording booth.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #5,580 of 40,594

What everyone has said so far is pretty accurate. I'd like to add that the R is more technically proficient. Wider, deeper soundstage, significantly better clarity, tighter bass. However a lot of people prefer the XIV as has a more intimate midrange and slightly more bass which makes it more of a romantic, emotional sound. Personally I don't find the R to be boring or unemotional at all, especially after owning the AKG K3003 at one point in my life. 
tongue.gif

You really can't go wrong with either. I think they're both great. I personally prefer the R after having owned both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back