Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 2, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #39,047 of 40,675
Imagine sending out hundreds and having them break and all be returned due to lack of real world testing. That would be much worse.
It’s a sad truth, but companies aren’t gonna put faulty units in the hands of the giant crowd

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #39,048 of 40,675
It’s a sad truth, but companies aren’t gonna put faulty units in the hands of the giant crowd
Well based on that logic, one could surmise you got a faulty unit and there are in fact normal units… maybe the majority of them?

Either way it’s completely ridiculous to accuse a company of shady practices unless you have proof beyond a doubt. Which you don’t, because it was a normal unit.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #39,049 of 40,675
Well based on that logic, one could surmise you got a faulty unit and there are in fact normal units… maybe the majority of them?

Either way it’s completely ridiculous to accuse a company of shady practices unless you have proof beyond a doubt. Which you don’t, because it was a normal unit.
I did not suggest anything shady you brought that up not me lol I’m just saying it’s common sense to not give a faulty unit to a crowd of people to break on the spot 😅

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #39,050 of 40,675
You actually said "Well, obviously they are going to use a good unit at Canjam" which I took for you saying they were playing games.

This is starting to feel like you against the world, or at least EE. I'm done with you. Good luck.

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #39,051 of 40,675
Some musicians treat their equipment with respect. Some don't. Think of Keith Moon and Pete Townsend.

But most understand the limitations of their equipment. and if they break them it's part of the cost of doing business.

I was a photographer for 30 years, and while my Nikons and Hasselblads were built like tanks, they still had delicate mechanisms and lots of glass on the lenses. I treated them with due respect and only had two instances of equipment failure in that whole time. One was my fault (shooting nudes in the surf and I had a shutter lock up) and one was a piece of equipment simply wearing out. Oh, and a plugged-in 500w power pack for my strobes caught fire on a job once.

But plenty of people I knew dropped their camera or lenses, and plenty of them threw them around so much they failed.

Have respect for your equipment and it will last longer than if you don't.

You're not fooling anyone. We all know the sole point of this post was to let everyone know you had a gig shooting nudes in the surf! :grin:

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #39,052 of 40,675
You actually said "Well, obviously they are going to use a good unit at Canjam" which I took for you saying they were playing games.

This is starting to feel like you against the world, or at least EE. I'm done with you. Good luck.
Dude what 😂💀🤦🏻‍♂️

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #39,053 of 40,675
I did not suggest anything shady you brought that up not me lol I’m just saying it’s common sense to not give a faulty unit to a crowd of people to break on the spot 😅

Ahh ok…

Well, obviously they are going to use a good unit at Canjam

Semantics aside… Either way, it was a normal unit rejected from sale. Not a ‘good’ unit, not a re-engineered unit, etc. It was also taken around to cable manufacturers booths and tested with a variety of their cables. All without issue.

Regardless of it being generally fine or not there’s no way Jack won’t change something to improve it for the end user so it’s a moot point going forward. So it’s good a few broke. Gives him the opportunity to learn something and correct it going forward, even if it’s scarce.

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #39,055 of 40,675
Ahh ok…

Semantics aside… Either way, it was a normal unit rejected from sale. Not a ‘good’ unit, not a re-engineered unit, etc. It was also taken around to cable manufacturers booths and tested with a variety of their cables. All without issue.

Regardless of it being generally fine or not there’s no way Jack won’t change something to improve it for the end user so it’s a moot point going forward. So it’s good a few broke. Gives him the opportunity to learn something and correct it going forward, even if it’s scarce.
I agree they will fix the issue and I think Jack is a good person who made some of the most mind blowing iems of all time, especially Raven . He just made a mistake with not testing every unit before sending out and testing means pulling the connector out successfully and not needing to do a whole method of pinch and wiggle and pull in order to get a clean pull lol the connector should come out like any other Iem and not destroy the Shell

Oct 2, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #39,056 of 40,675
I would say something but then I get a whole other thread coming out as if they are going to see fireworks.

Anyway, all of this is a moot point at this time, we have seen the 3 or 4 units pictures, the same 3 or 4 cycling around social media. EE said they will remedy it and if you don't want to buy it, don't.

@CL14715 did I miss anything you would like to say? @Everyoneelse did I miss something you would like to say?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #39,057 of 40,675
I would say something but then I get a whole other thread coming out as if they are going to see fireworks.

Anyway, all of this is a moot point at this time, we have seen the 3 or 4 units pictures, the same 3 or 4 cycling around social media. EE said they will remedy it and if you don't want to buy it, don't. @CL14715 did I miss anything you would like to say? @Everyoneelse did I miss something you would like to say?

Nah it’s all good. I’m just here for the musical enjoyment factor. Just so happens EE has been the leading manufacturer for my preferences as of late. Turns out the beta passive-aggressive crap is just bonus entertainment.

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #39,058 of 40,675
Nah it’s all good. I’m just here for the musical enjoyment factor. Just so happens EE has been the leading manufacturer for my preferences as of late. Turns out the beta passive-aggressive crap is just bonus entertainment.
I’m in the same boat as you guys lol I love the sound quality but having it break in your own hands will give you the need to warn others. I’m not trying to spoil anyone’s enjoyment as I said it’s one of my favorite Iems of all time easily and I can’t wait to get my updated one :)

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #39,059 of 40,675
On a different topic,

What you think guys, which dap SP3k or N8ii is better match for Raven or Odin for that matter.

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #39,060 of 40,675
On a different topic,

What you think guys, which dap SP3k or N8ii is better match for Raven or Odin for that matter.
[/QUOTE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back