Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 2, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #39,061 of 40,686
I’m in the same boat as you guys lol I love the sound quality but having it break in your own hands will give you the need to warn others. I’m not trying to spoil anyone’s enjoyment as I said it’s one of my favorite Iems of all time easily and I can’t wait to get my updated one :)

I understand. I have had a few issues with IEM’s which frustrated me. I’ve always been taken care of so I’ve just learned to kinda accept it and appreciate certain customer service over others. I loved Nio but my unit had nearly all the paint flake off in a few days and a connector pulled out. It was replaced and all good.

The issue is and will be that when I speak with optimism, it’s blanketed as shilling or associated with an unfairly positive view no matter what. Let’s open the history books…

This stems way back to me challenging someone’s 30 second review of Odin because their impressions were recorded with a different cable than factory. Knowing EE the way I do, I know that Dean obsessively tunes these things with specific cables to get his desired sound. So I challenged the impressions. Not because they were wrong but because I believed the info put out should be consistent with how most people will first hear it and how it was tuned. If at that point you don’t like it, all for it. Just advocating for common sense and fairness caused some booty-hurt. And the legend lives on. I am very open about being a fan of Empire Ears. I still won’t be dishonest and give out a hall pass despite others perception.

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #39,062 of 40,686
This thread is a rollercoaster at the moment and will remain as such for at least few more weeks.
The problem is there are 2 groups here.

1. Die-hard EE fans who haven’t even received their Ravens yet but have high praise and defend EE to their last breath and oppose anyone who does not.

2. People who received their Ravens and broke them or ones who are/were close to receiving them who have genuine concerns.

In the end everyone is here because of interest in Raven and EE. No one is here to deliberately shame the manufacturer or the IEM. We are all consumers, not competitors.

These discussions will not end until we see a real solution, like a redesigned shell for instance or until everyone who has purchased or pre-ordered it return or cancel it or another manufacturer releases an IEM that picks more interest and people will move on.

Wiggling the cable holes is not a solution for a €4k product and is a very poor resolution proposed by EE, period !!

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #39,064 of 40,686
This thread is a rollercoaster at the moment and will remain as such for at least few more weeks.

1. Die-hard EE fans who haven’t even received their Ravens yet but have high praise and defend EE to their last breath and oppose anyone who does not.

2. People who received their Ravens and broke them or ones who are/were close to receiving them who have genuine concerns.

In the end everyone is here because of interest in Raven and EE. No one is here to deliberately shame the manufacturer or the IEM. We are all consumers, not competitors.

These discussions will not end until we see a real solution, like a redesigned shell for instance or until everyone who has purchased or pre-ordered it return or cancel it or another manufacturer releases an IEM that picks more interest and people will move on.

Wiggling the cable holes is not a solution for a €4k product and is a very poor resolution proposed by EE, period !!

As a general lurker being new to the forums and IEM’s in general, I see it a little different.

I see a potential concern for a product and two things happening. One group is remaining calm and optimistic and the other is voicing their concern in more of the sky is falling fashion. I haven’t really caught this opposition you characterized. As a matter of fact, I haven’t seen it defended at all. It also seems the company stands by their product and there’s nothing to worry about.

I also notice that I only see a few names pop up to like posts that are more opposing of the brands success than the ones speaking some sense about the issue. Not sure what to make of that but it seems juvenile.

I’m not sure what group you’d put me in but I have a Raven LE and I’ve tried to break it to no avail. Been using it as I used my RN6, swapping the cable in and out for storage.

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #39,065 of 40,686
On another note, just to scratch the itch of cancelling my Raven pre-order, I ordered a Thieaudio Monarch Mk3 just to see what’s all the high praise about and if it’s really that good for 1/4th the price of most flagship IEMs !
I’m sure you will enjoy seems good 👍🏼

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #39,066 of 40,686
As a general lurker being new to the forums and IEM’s in general, I see it a little different.

I see a potential concern for a product and two things happening. One group is remaining calm and optimistic and the other is voicing their concern in more of the sky is falling fashion. I haven’t really caught this opposition you characterized. As a matter of fact, I haven’t seen it defended at all. It also seems the company stands by their product and there’s nothing to worry about.

I also notice that I only see a few names pop up to like posts that are more opposing of the brands success than the ones speaking some sense about the issue. Not sure what to make of that but it seems juvenile.

I’m not sure what group you’d put me in but I have a Raven LE and I’ve tried to break it to no avail. Been using it as I used my RN6, swapping the cable in and out for storage.
Are you casually able to pull out the two pin? Or do you use the method of pinching wiggling and pulling every time? Just curious thank you. :)

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #39,067 of 40,686
Are you casually able to pull out the two pin? Or do you use the method of pinching wiggling and pulling every time? Just curious thank you. :)
At first one side was very tight. Almost felt stuck. I was careful getting it out the first time, not sure I remember what I did but I got it out. Since then I kind of just rock it as I pull up or push them in, which is what I have been doing since exploring the IEM world. Admittedly I was more rough with them than I should’ve been but with recent hubbub I felt better to know whether or not they’d be going back before I fell in love.

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #39,068 of 40,686

Pretty much nailed that one on the head.

I am awaiting the black version but have a lot of seat time with Raven and never had issues. I know they brought 4 to canjam and some dealers may have had some to demo as well and there were no issues. Hopefully that remains the case with your unit and other batches but if not, document it on here for transparency and get it back to your dealer.

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #39,069 of 40,686

It's really the tone of the responses that that're given by the former group that's driving the heat up.

No one has an issue if one simply says "I haven't had issues with my EE iems to date and their CS is excellent if there are issues"

While not gaslighting, a lot of those responses go further than that. Often coming as as dismissive of the concerns being raised. "I had no issues with EE iems, you're blowing this out of proportion" Or "Why are you even concerned I had no issues"

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #39,070 of 40,686
It's really the tone of the responses that that're given by the former group that's driving the heat up.

No one has an issue if one simply says "I haven't had issues with my EE iems to date and their CS is excellent if there are issues"

While not gaslighting, a lot of those responses go further than that. Often coming as as dismissive of the concerns being raised. "I had no issues with EE iems, you're blowing this out of proportion" Or "Why are you even concerned I had no issues"
Or worse, saying that we just need to be “respectful” of the IEMs, or that we’re just flat using them wrong.

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #39,071 of 40,686

Or worse, saying that we just need to be “respectful” of the IEMs, or that we’re just flat using them wrong.

Exactly my point but you see even after I wrote what I wrote, it still continues and so shall the complaints and concerns as well. Like I said, these discussions won’t end anytime soon, from either sides.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #39,074 of 40,686
People should learn to respect the concerns of those who have already received their Raven and have had issues. Apparently not, no one cares.
You've been on here quite often making hyperbolic statements about the situation. No one is defending EE to their last breath. No one said they didn't care. You're at least as guilty or more of inflamming the situation as anyone here. And you don't have any direct experience with Raven, while at the same time complaining about others not having direct experience.

We all know of a few units breaking. We all know what EE's remedy will be. If they ever redesign the shell, it will be quite awhile before that happens. So you can either be satisfied with EE's solution for now, or not. If you're not, state your opinion and move on. By continually harping on your same point, it seems like you're on a self-righteous mission to warn everyone or prove you're right... when in actuality, you haven't even experienced the problem yourself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back