Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 2, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #39,077 of 40,629

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #39,078 of 40,629
Ordered 1st version.
Never go back to Chi-Fi designed.....
I feel you my boys monarch 2 also broke from removing the two pin

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #39,079 of 40,629
You're not fooling anyone. We all know the sole point of this post was to let everyone know you had a gig shooting nudes in the surf! :grin:
The 60s and 70s were a lot of fun.

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #39,080 of 40,629
You've been on here quite often making hyperbolic statements about the situation. No one is defending EE to their last breath. No one said they didn't care. You're at least as guilty or more of inflamming the situation as anyone here. And you don't have any direct experience with Raven, while at the same time complaining about others not having direct experience.

We all know of a few units breaking. We all know what EE's remedy will be. If they ever redesign the shell, it will be quite awhile before that happens. So you can either be satisfied with EE's solution for now, or not. If you're not, state your opinion and move on. By continually harping on your same point, it seems like you're on a self-righteous mission to warn everyone or prove you're right... when in actuality, you haven't even experienced the problem yourself.
Same applies to you and everyone else who supports your post. Don’t keep coming back and repeating the same thing over and over again. You can’t clap with one hand, it requires 2 hands and if I’m one of them then the other one is you.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #39,081 of 40,629
Ordered 1st version.
Never go back to Chi-Fi designed.....
I had a feeling but still decided to give it a try. Purchased from an authorized dealer in Germany so at least I’m covered for 2 years. Let’s see. I still have my Odyssey, VE Ext and few others. This one was just to give a Chi-if brand a chance. After all, everything is made in China these days.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #39,082 of 40,629
My guess is that if Jack does a redesign (which may change, however slightly, the sound signature), the 1st versions may actually increase in value because they will be regarded as the pure versions.

And since so few have broken, and people are posting here that theirs didn't break, and the ones at CanJam didn't break, and the ones that EE hauled around for a while as Betas/testers didn't break, it might be that the originals will be appearing on the resale market at higher prices.

It's a funny hobby.

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #39,083 of 40,629
My guess is that if Jack does a redesign (which may change, however slightly, the sound signature), the 1st versions may actually increase in value because they will be regarded as the pure versions.

And since so few have broken, and people are posting here that theirs didn't break, and the ones at CanJam didn't break, and the ones that EE hauled around for a while as Betas/testers didn't break, it might be that the originals will be appearing on the resale market at higher prices.

It's a funny hobby.
I doubt the originals will be higher value because they will be considered more fragile and I doubt that sound will change at all from widening the pins BUT we shall see ! Did you get yours yet?

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #39,086 of 40,629
Ya I hated monarch 2, bass was lackluster and the upper mids to treble region just felt noisy
Ooff crinicle shilled it sooo hard too

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #39,089 of 40,629
The unit they used was a unit rejected for sale due to imperfections, so I don’t know if it would be any better.
They stated they would be performing socket loosening on units not yet sold. They clearly performed a lot on this unit to ensure the socket was loose and would not grip any 2pin plugged into it tightly enough to break it. Come on, I get the fanboy is huge with you for EE but you gotta open the eyes a little. If they didn't do some kind of prep work to be 100 percent sure that unit wasn't going to shatter given the publicity they'd be absolute morons and their business would look very bad at a major show if their unit shattered into pieces on a user.

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #39,090 of 40,629
Seems to me that Jack said they were pulling back unshipped units to perform socket loosening and having dealers do the same. So that all units going out would arrive with sockets that had been loosened.

How is that different than the one(s) used at CanJam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back