Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 2, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #39,091 of 40,656
They stated they would be performing socket loosening on units not yet sold. They clearly performed a lot on this unit to ensure the socket was loose and would not grip any 2pin plugged into it tightly enough to break it. Come on, I get the fanboy is huge with you for EE but you gotta open the eyes a little. If they didn't do some kind of prep work to be 100 percent sure that unit wasn't going to shatter given the publicity they'd be absolute morons and their business would look very bad at a major show if their unit shattered into pieces on a user.

What’s wild to me is how comfortable people are speaking as if they know something when they don’t.

If you’re going to make accusations, show your work. Give us all some semblance of where the hell you extracted it from. I kinda know where you pulled it from but I think Headfi censors the word.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #39,092 of 40,656
What’s wild to me is how comfortable people are speaking as if they know something when they don’t.

If you’re going to make accusations, show your work. Give us all some semblance of where the hell you extracted it from. I kinda know where you pulled it from but I think Headfi censors the word.
You're right, given the incompetence displayed in the shell design we have absolutely no reason to believe they would be competent enough to prepare the unit used for demo so it wouldn't be accidentally broken by people.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #39,093 of 40,656
You're right, given the incompetence displayed in the shell design we have absolutely no reason to believe they would be competent enough to prepare the unit used for demo so it wouldn't be accidentally broken by people.

IDK.
I’d go with the company that has provided hearing aids and IEMs for performing artists for years now over some random Head-fi person with questionable credibility at best. Every company has a slip up, and at the very least Empire is standing by their work and adjusting it as needed. They stopped production to address the issue before it went into customers hands, what else do you expect from them?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #39,094 of 40,656

Anyone who has existed on this earth, with ANY time spent doing any form of work that would be visible to the public is well aware and qualified to make an inference based off the direct words of one of the owners of the company. Pull your own head out of said place and stop blindly defending a company which has blatantly screwed up and is now on a corrective course to fix that for users. They deserve criticism for their mistakes and they deserve praise for how they are handling the issue for users affected, but this is a PR nightmare and a VERY easily avoidable issue which was brought upon by their own hubris in design. Believe me, if anyone has their head anywhere, it's you. Stop. Really, stop.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #39,096 of 40,656
IDK.
I’d go with the company that has provided hearing aids and IEMs for performing artists for years now over some random Head-fi person with questionable credibility at best. Every company has a slip up, and at the very least Empire is standing by their work and adjusting it as needed. They stopped production to address the issue before it went into customers hands, what else do you expect from them?
Stacey... Be careful I have been saying and asking the same logical thing and they just don't understand the logic. Eventually they will point their barrel at you

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #39,097 of 40,656
IDK.
You're missing the /entire/ point/. CL was dismissing what they said because they have no clue whether what they're saying is true. CL does the same thing, speaking of things he doesn't know but in /support/ of EE.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #39,098 of 40,656
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #39,099 of 40,656
You're missing the /entire/ point/. CL was dismissing what they said because they have no clue whether what they're saying is true. CL does the same thing, speaking of things he doesn't know but in /support/ of EE.
The difference is zoidbb I think he does know.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #39,100 of 40,656
Anyone who has existed on this earth, with ANY time spent doing any form of work that would be visible to the public is well aware and qualified to make an inference based off the direct words of one of the owners of the company. Pull your own head out of said place and stop blindly defending a company which has blatantly screwed up and is now on a corrective course to fix that for users. They deserve criticism for their mistakes and they deserve praise for how they are handling the issue for users affected, but this is a PR nightmare and a VERY easily avoidable issue which was brought upon by their own hubris in design. Believe me, if anyone has their head anywhere, it's you. Stop. Really, stop.
Exactly. Their entire response to this was to basically say that /all/ of their IEMs, including past models, are prone to break and need to be babied -- so much so that it can't handle the expected stresses of an industry standard plug, in an industry they explicitly operate in. To me the response just drives home that EE IEMs are meant to be disposable.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #39,103 of 40,656
💀💀💀

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #39,104 of 40,656
Crazy right. Straight ignorance. I’m going to pour a nice bourbon and listen to some tunes.
Be careful if it is an EE IEM, unless of course you disposed of all of your EE IEMs.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #39,105 of 40,656
Be careful if it is an EE IEM, unless of course you disposed of all of your EE IEMs.
Pfffftt. I’m sitting here in EE pajamas with EE boxer briefs under them. EE ankle socks and an EE elbow brace for my tendinitis. EE bourbon in an EE glass. Topped it all off with a EE cable to my custom EE LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back