Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 14, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #36,707 of 40,675
Traillii and U12t have great BA bass but it’s not even in the same realm as the Odyssey or any EE product with W9 or + inside.

I can see someone saying this though. EE for whatever reason gets a bit more hate than other US brands for whatever reason. Even this thread has things fly that admins would crush other people for in other manufacturer threads. Definitely cannot have anything to do with Jack or Dean. They are some of the nicest people I’ve met in my entire life. The products are mostly well received so it’s always been a head scratcher for me why that is.
Your first statement is not really true IMHO. I do like EE, but the BA bass of Traillii is actually tighter and more accurate than Odin or Evo. They can produce more bass, but that is not always what I prefer. I would rather have the highest quality bass.

Oct 14, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #36,708 of 40,675
A recent trend with IEMs is adopting planar magnetic drivers (e.g. Campfire Audio's Supermoon).
I am just thinking out loud here that an EE IEM using planar drivers - could be very special...

I'm sure EE will in time when they have something that stands out from the crowd..

306779072_5680758198640907_5688965318606356066_n.jpg
40 pairs limited . OK. let it pass :smile:

(Google Translate from Chinese language)>>>
【#Official sale】Legend EVO Limited Edition
The first pair of Legend EVO, which won the #Best Headphones of the Year with bone conduction specifications, will launch a special edition of 40 pairs limited to Hong Kong today, with a new art panel "Pulsar, Pulsar" design, which interprets the brand's exquisite taste.
Legend EVO Limited Edition retains the powerful sound of Legend EVO and is full of vitality at the same time, you can feel the image of the sound and bring out a unique 3D stereo effect. The special edition also takes into account the midrange and bass parts at the same time. The micro-motion also achieves a very delicate performance, deducing an unparalleled analytical power.

Will sell like hotcakes.

I do understand why some prefer BA bass, but i'm surprised that some of them aren't blown away after hearing EE dd bass

I'm in the same boat. Doesn't comprehend with me.

The all-black Evo is classic but if I had my choice I would take the limited edition. :L3000::L3000::L3000:

Hopefully, the HK one will do well so they can do a stateside one too!

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #36,709 of 40,675
It was suggested to use the Final E tips to get the full BCD effect. I concur.

Oct 18, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #36,710 of 40,675
@CL14715 Would you say the Odyssey mids and highs are closer to LX, Odin or EVO? And if you can remember how do they compare with Fourte? My preference for sound sig leans to LX and Fourte. I have the Odyssey on order but need to blind buy. I love the bass on Odin and EVO but have struggled with mids for my genre of music (Prog).

Oct 18, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #36,711 of 40,675
@CL14715 Would you say the Odyssey mids and highs are closer to LX, Odin or EVO? And if you can remember how do they compare with Fourte? My preference for sound sig leans to LX and Fourte. I have the Odyssey on order but need to blind buy. I love the bass on Odin and EVO but have struggled with mids for my genre of music (Prog).
How do you find the EE and 64 Audio IEM's with prog? That's my main genre of listening too. I currently have the UM Mest MKII, which are pretty good with prog. However, I'm always looking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #36,712 of 40,675

So, the Odyssey mids are closer to LX presentation, but I’d say with greater width and resolution. Treble overall is very similar to Odin.

The Fourte has a noticeable veil or recession in the lower or middle mid range compared to Odyssey. Also the treble is more peaky and harsh on Fourte whereas Odyssey is well detailed and extended but more natural.

The odyssey to me sounds like a Frankenstein created like this..
Bass - EVO (same quality but slightly less quantity. It still thumps more than Odin.)
Mids - Traillii
Treble - Odin

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #36,713 of 40,675
So, the Odyssey mids are closer to LX presentation, but I’d say with greater width and resolution. Treble overall is very similar to Odin.

The Fourte has a noticeable veil or recession in the lower or middle mid range compared to Odyssey. Also the treble is more peaky and harsh on Fourte whereas Odyssey is well detailed and extended but more natural.

The odyssey to me sounds like a Frankenstein created like this..
Bass - EVO (same quality but slightly less quantity. It still thumps more than Odin.)
Mids - Traillii
Treble - Odin
You are making it hard to resist ordering Odyssey 🙄

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #36,715 of 40,675
Hey don’t take it just from me.. others have heard it as well. Hopefully they’ll chime in with their interpretation as well.
Sure but others I trust like Jim sounded quite tempting too

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #36,716 of 40,675
How do you find the EE and 64 Audio IEM's with prog? That's my main genre of listening too. I currently have the UM Mest MKII, which are pretty good with prog. However, I'm always looking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The Legend X is perfect for Prog. The bass is like listening to a high end speaker system or subwoofer. Your favorite bassist (Chris Squire) will stand out in the mix. The mids and highs are a bit laid back (I like) but very smooth. Synth, moog sing while Gavin Harrison's cymbal work has sheen.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #36,717 of 40,675
@CL14715, that description makes me glad I bit the bullet and preordered Odyssey—sounds too close to my ideal iem not to. I love my evos and loved my odins as well, only although I ended up selling the odin’s bc I got a trailli, which I liked a little bit more than odins in mids, soundstage, and overall tonality. Odin’s have way better bass quality than trailli, but I was always wishing for a little more quantity (trailli actually has more bass quantity than Odin to my ears, albeit not nearly as good qualitatively). While I enjoy life with both the trailli and the evo, I’d frankly be happier if I had one flagship iem to rule them all and would sell the trailli and maybe even the EVO if the odyssey is able to deliver an Odin with bass closer to EVO, mids more like trailli with less upper mids, and the presence conferee by the weapon X bcd.

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #36,718 of 40,675
@CL14715, that description makes me glad I bit the bullet and preordered Odyssey—sounds too close to my ideal iem not to. I love my evos and loved my odins as well, only although I ended up selling the odin’s bc I got a trailli, which I liked a little bit more than odins in mids, soundstage, and overall tonality. Odin’s have way better bass quality than trailli, but I was always wishing for a little more quantity (trailli actually has more bass quantity than Odin to my ears, albeit not nearly as good qualitatively). While I enjoy life with both the trailli and the evo, I’d frankly be happier if I had one flagship iem to rule them all and would sell the trailli and maybe even the EVO if the odyssey is able to deliver an Odin with bass closer to EVO, mids more like trailli with less upper mids, and the presence conferee by the weapon X bcd.
This is nearly identical to my situation.

Had my LX and Odin. Sold Odin for Traillii for the same reasons you preferred Traillii. Knew I was sacrificing some bass for a more relaxed midrange and tonality. Have EVO and custom LX for bass so I was covered. Odyssey just kind of puts the best of all of them in one platform.

I personally think AK is making a big mistake limiting these to 600. Several thousand Odin are in the wild. If the demand for Odin was that high, Odyssey will at least match or surpass that considering msrp is the same.

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #36,719 of 40,675
I personally think AK is making a big mistake limiting these to 600. Several thousand Odin are in the wild. If the demand for Odin was that high, Odyssey will at least match or surpass that considering msrp is the same.
To be honest there’s also a lot of Odin out there that can be had for well below MSRP new. I’m guessing A&K didn’t want to saturate the market.

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #36,720 of 40,675
Ehhh… that is applicable with most products in the free market. I think it took like 4,000 some odd Odins to saturate the market to this point. I don’t think AK is using the Rolex business model of artificial production constraints to drive demand, which benefit gray markets and authorized dealers. These go for a set MSRP and once they sell them that’s the only profit they make regardless of resale value. Maybe I’m wrong but even if you produced 2000, that nearly quadruples profit. Considering these are arguably going to please a much wider segment of the IEM consumer market than Odin, they’ll easily sell many more than 600 before resale overtakes retailers. I always thought collabs like these were marketing opportunities intended upon crossing over segments for advertisement and customer acquisition. I’ll be one of the 600 either way, just seems low to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back