Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 13, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #36,691 of 40,629
Glad I got my preorder in last week for the Odyssey’s from A2A. Full payment when you preorder. SP 3000 was posted out today so I should have it early next week. Odyssey’s are due in end of October they told me, great to hear what others have said about them, thanks

Oct 13, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #36,692 of 40,629
Glad I got my preorder in last week for the Odyssey’s from A2A. Full payment when you preorder. SP 3000 was posted out today so I should have it early next week. Odyssey’s are due in end of October they told me, great to hear what others have said about them, thanks
Yeah, A2A said they’re expecting stock to ship on 30th October. Can’t wait :)

Oct 13, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #36,693 of 40,629
Time to bin everything off and get an Andro 2019 / U12t…. Never liked any of my EE IEM’s anyway… 🫢

Attachments

• DB91CB0E-1FAD-4D7A-91EC-518F9099D622.png
    DB91CB0E-1FAD-4D7A-91EC-518F9099D622.png
    555.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #36,697 of 40,629
Time to bin everything off and get an Andro 2019 / U12t…. Never liked any of my EE IEM’s anyway… 🫢

Empire Ears gear having worse bass than the U12t is definitely not something I could agree with in the slightest lol.
Lol-gonna guess he's just got a personal preference for BA bass' "precision" aka "tightness". Haven't heard Odyssey obviously yet, but if the W9+s are anything like EVO and Odin, that's as precise and snappy dynamic driver bass as you can get. Best of both worlds unless you get into TOTL planar territory (which even then, has its own pros and cons).

Speaking of, have been out of the portable game for several months now but Odyssey definitely looks tempting:).

Oct 13, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #36,698 of 40,629
Lol-gonna guess he's just got a personal preference for BA bass' "precision" aka "tightness". Haven't heard Odyssey obviously yet, but if the W9+s are anything like EVO and Odin, that's as precise and snappy dynamic driver bass as you can get. Best of both worlds unless you get into TOTL planar territory (which even then, has its own pros and cons).

Speaking of, have been out of the portable game for several months now but Odyssey definitely looks tempting:).
I do understand why some prefer BA bass, but i'm surprised that some of them aren't blown away after hearing EE dd bass

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #36,699 of 40,629
I do understand why some prefer BA bass, but i'm surprised that some of them aren't blown away after hearing EE dd bass
Traillii and U12t have great BA bass but it’s not even in the same realm as the Odyssey or any EE product with W9 or + inside.

I can see someone saying this though. EE for whatever reason gets a bit more hate than other US brands for whatever reason. Even this thread has things fly that admins would crush other people for in other manufacturer threads. Definitely cannot have anything to do with Jack or Dean. They are some of the nicest people I’ve met in my entire life. The products are mostly well received so it’s always been a head scratcher for me why that is.

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #36,700 of 40,629
Traillii and U12t have great BA bass but it’s not even in the same realm as the Odyssey or any EE product with W9 or + inside.

I can see someone saying this though. EE for whatever reason gets a bit more hate than other US brands for whatever reason. Even this thread has things fly that admins would crush other people for in other manufacturer threads. Definitely cannot have anything to do with Jack or Dean. They are some of the nicest people I’ve met in my entire life. The products are mostly well received so it’s always been a head scratcher for me why that is.
Or you can look at it this way. This is a more honest forum than most and we and EE handle criticism knowing nothing is perfect but EE still puts out great Products!!!!! :L3000::ksc75smile::beerchug:

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #36,701 of 40,629
Its like tall poppy syndrome…
I’ve also seen it with many other high end brands/products, there’s always haters that want to try to bring them down unfortunately

Oct 13, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #36,702 of 40,629
Because too often EE products were hyped to be the best and whoever disliked them were accused of either having bad music tastes or listening to poorly mastered music.

CoMpReSsEd MuSiC. :L3000:

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #36,705 of 40,629
Demoing the legend evo ltd, gotta say it looks absolutely beautiful.
Envious! 🤩 I love the faceplate the moment I saw it advertised. Hopefully this faceplate is made available in the future for (eventually?) EVO mkii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back