Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 7, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #36,676 of 40,620
Have you heard Evo and if so how does it compare to Odyssey???? :spy::spy:
Just going from memory, Evo’s a bit sub-bassier and the midrange more recessed in the lower mids but more forward in the upper mids, and with a more lower and mid oriented treble. Odyssey sounds more balanced with a bass boost (but not quite as bassy as Evo) with better upper treble extension.

But take those impressions with a big grain of salt because I didn’t spend that long with it.

Oct 7, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #36,677 of 40,620
Have you heard Evo and if so how does it compare to Odyssey???? :spy::spy:
Very different sound. EVO has a more enveloping bass slam both sub and mid bass. More mid and upper mid energy with more dense, less extended treble. Odyssey is more balanced in the bass region but not lacking at all. Mids are smoother and less elevated throughout and the treble is very well extended. Muuuuch more than EVO. They can be complimentary in my opinion. If you can only justify one though.. I’d go Odyssey. It hits that easy listening but detailed presentation threshold. EVO is pure, focused energy that may not fit the “chill mode” listening.

Odyssey is the best IEM that EE has produced and I’d be surprised if anyone heard it and disagreed.

Oct 11, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #36,678 of 40,620
Very different sound. EVO has a more enveloping bass slam both sub and mid bass. More mid and upper mid energy with more dense, less extended treble. Odyssey is more balanced in the bass region but not lacking at all. Mids are smoother and less elevated throughout and the treble is very well extended. Muuuuch more than EVO. They can be complimentary in my opinion. If you can only justify one though.. I’d go Odyssey. It hits that easy listening but detailed presentation threshold. EVO is pure, focused energy that may not fit the “chill mode” listening.

Odyssey is the best IEM that EE has produced and I’d be surprised if anyone heard it and disagreed.
So far, Odin is still my personal favourite... But I certainly like to be surprised!😅

Oct 11, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #36,680 of 40,620
So far, Odin is still my personal favourite... But I certainly like to be surprised!😅
I own LX, Odin and EVO. I think Odyssey is the best of the bunch.

Oct 11, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #36,681 of 40,620
I own LX, Odin and EVO. I think Odyssey is the best of the bunch.
I really like the black/opaque red of the new bird offering but I’m on the Odyssey train. My dealer has my order for when preorder opens.

Oct 12, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #36,687 of 40,620
Everyone I know that has heard both says they are 👍

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #36,688 of 40,620
Would you say it tops Odin? Even with that cable?
Definitely. More bass elevation. Same fantastic bass quality. Tamed down upper mids. Extended treble. Plus bone conduction. This is what I would have recommended as Odin mkii to make it more generally appealing to a broader market. It has great and pleasant tuning. I recognize that some who love Odin and like overloaded upper mids might rate it lower. But, I think a broader market would find Odyssey to have better tuning.

edited to note: Must replace Ares 2 cable with something decent like First Times.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #36,689 of 40,620
Would you say it tops Odin? Even with that cable?
Yes, I would. The tuning hits nearly perfect for what I would consider a Jack of all trades. Also it’ll be less polarizing than Odin for most everyone I’d assume. I actually tried to find a negative critique while I was demo’ing them and I couldn’t. Seems like they took all the positive aspects of their lineup and meshed them together.

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #36,690 of 40,620
Yes, I would. The tuning hits nearly perfect for what I would consider a Jack of all trades. Also it’ll be less polarizing than Odin for most everyone I’d assume. I actually tried to find a negative critique while I was demo’ing them and I couldn’t. Seems like they took all the positive aspects of their lineup and meshed them together.
Thats certainly impressive and something to look forward to! Thanks a lot for your impressions and honest opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back