Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #32,341 of 40,581
I will stop for now while the horse is still breathing.
I'm sure the horse will be alive when you wake up.

Been devoting the week to Odin, and I decided to try the Socrates combo with high gain. I think my 1A is never going back to low gain between this and the Wraith now.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #32,342 of 40,581
I'm sure the horse will be alive when you wake up.

Been devoting the week to Odin, and I decided to try the Socrates combo with high gain. I think my 1A is never going back to 1A between this and the Wraith now.

what do you mean , chief ?

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #32,345 of 40,581
I'm not sure anyone's had a retail version long enough to post impressions, and if they have, they ain't talking.

Maybe, I just figured a graph would’ve been more substantive with a quick initial impression accompanying it. The people wanna know!

Probably better they don’t anyways. Gives Jack and his people time to build these things before the flood lol.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #32,346 of 40,581
Sep 20, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #32,348 of 40,581
He gave a very brief first impression with the graph here: https://forum.headphones.com/t/empire-ears-evo-official-thread/14547
@Resolve heard the reverberant sound that I pointed out in my initial impressions. This is cool. It's real and I didn't just imagine it.

It must be due to the bone conduction driver because I've never heard anything like it. I have a MEST OG and honestly, I have never heard anything that I could directly attribute to bone conduction. I assumed it was the large sound stage and imaging, but I wasn't sure. This reverb must be coming from the bone conduction.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #32,349 of 40,581
@Resolve heard the reverberant sound that I pointed out in my initial impressions. This is cool. It's real and I didn't just imagine it.

It must be due to the bone conduction driver because I've never heard anything like it. I have a MEST OG and honestly, I have never heard anything that I could directly attribute to bone conduction. I assumed it was the large sound stage and imaging, but I wasn't sure. This reverb must be coming from the bone conduction.

Care to elaborate? I don’t remember what you posted entirely and not sure I played anything that picked that up during my demo. Either that or I perceived it as something else.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #32,350 of 40,581
Care to elaborate? I don’t remember what you posted entirely and not sure I played anything that picked that up during my demo. Either that or I perceived it as something else.
Depending on what music you are listening to, vocals or instruments will reverb meaning you get an echoing like sound in the center stage. It's a really cool sound.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #32,351 of 40,581
Depending on what music you are listening to, vocals or instruments will reverb meaning you get an echoing like sound in the center stage. It's a really cool sound.

Does it add to realism as if you were at a concert?

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #32,352 of 40,581
I was listening to small combo jazz music, so it made it sound like I was in an intimate jazz club.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #32,353 of 40,581
The punch and slam in the mid bass provides the realism that makes it sound like live music. It is very much like the IER-Z1R in that way.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #32,354 of 40,581
I haven’t heard the EVO, so I don’t know how valid this comparison is, but that description reminds me of what I heard on EE’s Wraith. It’s got a quirk where its centre image is a bit wider than you might expect. The lead instrument expands with a bit more surface area, if that makes sense. So, it could just as well be an EE thing, rather than an effect coming from the BC driver. But, again, I haven’t heard it yet, so we’ll see.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #32,355 of 40,581
Ahh ok. I just perceived that as diffusion. Takes things and the reverb pushes them out wide a bit but in a realistic way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back