Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 5, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #30,887 of 40,595
Edited with more impressions

So far compared to my LXSE it has more air and faster attack in the bass, though the LXSE is smoother and I find that bass texture is richer.

Look forward to hearing the final tuning…
That sounds good.

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #30,889 of 40,595
I'm gonna err on the side of caution and not have an expectation at all.

I never did figure out if the BCD actually does anything on the MEST.

Lets see what magic Empire has eeked out this time.

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #30,890 of 40,595
You and me! I just ordered my custom LX rofl! But if I were to consider the EVO, I’d need the bass to be more than LX. Otherwise my current IEMs should satisfy my other music preferences
Don't get me wrong, the fact that something new (and potentially better) is out - does not mean my LX would sound worse...
It's all about me not having the choice to decide. Just bad timing on my behalf - stings for a minute, but I will still enjoy my new LX for a long time to come! :)

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #30,891 of 40,595
Bone conduction or not just the drivers themselves are a noteworthy upgrade imho...I loved how they sounded on the Bravado MKii.

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #30,892 of 40,595
It's been a hell of a journey developing this thing and to be frank we almost gave up. Superseding the highly acclaimed Legend X seemed like a near impossible task but we went outside the box and what we've achieved is absolutely extraordinary. I cannot wait for you all to experience the EVO because it does things that no other IEM on the market can. Stay tuned for the full unveiling in the coming weeks my friends.

LEGEND EVO

Dual W9+ 9mm Subwoofers

5 Proprietary Balanced Armature Drivers

Weapon X (W10) 10.9mm Bone Conduction Ultra Driver

Empire X PW Audio GENESIS Ultra Pure OCC Copper Cable, 4.4 Pentaconn

OFFICIAL FULL SPEC & TECH RELEASE DATE

August 27, 2021

OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER DATE

September 1

OFFICIAL SHIP DATE

Mid to Late September, 2021

The demo available at the HKAV show this weekend is a prototype and is not reflective of the final product.

Wow! That's one hell of an entrance @Jack Vang. It's just made everything else announced at this show irrelevant to me. Without assuming anything, I just hope the tuning is similar to LX, and that the shell size is the same too. Everything else screams 'must have'. I always said that the only thing that'll get me to sell my LX is a better LX, so let's see if this is it. Can't wait for impressions and reviews of the final tuning. Well done guys!

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #30,893 of 40,595
Don't get me wrong, the fact that something new (and potentially better) is out - does not mean my LX would sound worse...
It's all about me not having the choice to decide. Just bad timing on my behalf - stings for a minute, but I will still enjoy my new LX for a long time to come! :)
same boat- just picked up a universal LX haha. Gonna wait till reviews/impressions drop on these- exciting!

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #30,894 of 40,595
When people said they loved the head shaking with their LX low end… @Jack Vang took it seriously. “do you think that is shaking… Hold my beer.”

1628227258114.gif

https://giphy.com/gifs/AppleTV-ted-lasso-tedlasso-h7XvFS6lePwllI6QES

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #30,895 of 40,595
Aug 6, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #30,897 of 40,595
planning to sell my Thummim, probably at a good price. I’m just that keen on EVO :wink:

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #30,899 of 40,595
Here are the eartips I've tried so far with the Odin:

More Bass -----> Less Bass (But more clarity)

Spiral Dots Regular, Spiral Dots++, AZLA SednaEarfit, Symbio Peels, - - - - - - - - - Final E tips (Final E tips are probably one of the least bassy eartips I've tried ever)

I feel like the Symbio or the AZLA are the sweetspot for me. I would probably go as far as the SD++ if I really wanted a little more bass but then I start to lose some holographic effect and clarity, which was the main thing I was looking for in the Odin. It really depends on your preferences, source, and music.

For my LX, I prefer to pair with the SD++, in general.

Thanks alot for the ear tip suggestions. I will try and source them and give it a try.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #30,900 of 40,595
It's been a hell of a journey developing this thing and to be frank we almost gave up. Superseding the highly acclaimed Legend X seemed like a near impossible task but we went outside the box and what we've achieved is absolutely extraordinary. I cannot wait for you all to experience the EVO because it does things that no other IEM on the market can. Stay tuned for the full unveiling in the coming weeks my friends.

218830995_1194457317648851_5824427606971407979_n.png

LEGEND EVO

Dual W9+ 9mm Subwoofers

5 Proprietary Balanced Armature Drivers

Weapon X (W10) 10.9mm Bone Conduction Ultra Driver

Empire X PW Audio GENESIS Ultra Pure OCC Copper Cable, 4.4 Pentaconn

OFFICIAL FULL SPEC & TECH RELEASE DATE

August 27, 2021

OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER DATE

September 1

OFFICIAL SHIP DATE

Mid to Late September, 2021

The demo available at the HKAV show this weekend is a prototype and is not reflective of the final product.

Hope I'll be able to make it to the show on Sunday so that I could get to try them out. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back