Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,062 of 40,711
  Words can't explain how epic the Zeus-ADEL sounds. I'm completely floored right now and the prototype isn't even cased yet. 

IIOJAAY.gif

Looks epic. Very excited to hear these eventually.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #3,063 of 40,711
There will be a switchable zeus with ADEL module.... SERIOUSLY??? Any approximate rough price estimations? I was on the verge of buying the original zeus at the end of August until a nice unexpected bill hit my wallet sick! After re-saving some funds I will be able to get the zeus, if the universal switch with ADEL becomes available then I will be handing over an open wallet pronto...

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #3,064 of 40,711
There will be a switchable zeus with ADEL module.... SERIOUSLY??? Any approximate rough price estimations? I was on the verge of buying the original zeus at the end of August until a nice unexpected bill hit my wallet sick! After re-saving some funds I will be able to get the zeus, if the universal switch with ADEL becomes available then I will be handing over an open wallet pronto...

Gonna sell like hotcakes!!

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #3,065 of 40,711
man Empire Ears should get best award for best iem innovation and customer service

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #3,067 of 40,711
Genuine now, a universal switchable zeus with ADEL? Have I missed a joke and not 'got it' so to say? (Genuine question)

Cheers

Jack mentioned a few pages back that they're experimenting with a Zeus model that could switch between the XIV and the R sound signatures. I've not read any official announcement that it's coming to market but it is something they have on the workbench. They already have a switchable demo unit that they use to compare the differences between the two.

Edit: adding Jack's posts

At this moment it's for demo purposes only. Doesn't seem like switch IEMs are too popular around here. I could be wrong though.

Wow that sounds awesome! I'll talk with Dean today and see what we can do. This should settle it for those that are torn between. It currently houses an ABS switch borrowed from a hearing aid department but I could work on getting some neat metal ones. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #3,068 of 40,711
Genuine now, a universal switchable zeus with ADEL? Have I missed a joke and not 'got it' so to say? (Genuine question)

Cheers

Right now the switch is available only on demo units. So the switch is going to be present on Zeus-ADEL demo units as well. But after some members' interest in the switch, Jack has said that he will look into making it available for the retail units as well. But none exist as of now.

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #3,069 of 40,711

Jack mentioned a few pages back that they're experimenting with a Zeus model that could switch between the XIV and the R sound signatures. I've not read any official announcement that it's coming to market but it is something they have on the workbench. They already have a switchable demo unit that they use to compare the differences between the two.

Edit: adding Jack's posts

We just placed a PO for the switches so it's coming! It'll be the same style switch like the demo but in clear as opposed to flesh-tone. While it isn't anything aesthetically extravagant it is sourced from a reliable, trusted German partner and is of the same medical grade quality material that we use in our hearing aids. The manufacturer takes about 6 weeks to produce so we should have an announcement for Zeus-XR ready by then.
  man Empire Ears should get best award for best iem innovation and customer service

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,070 of 40,711

We just placed a PO for the switches so it's coming! It'll be the same style switch like the demo but in clear as opposed to flesh-tone. While it isn't anything aesthetically extravagant it is sourced from a reliable, trusted German partner and is of the same medical grade quality material that we use in our hearing aids. The manufacturer takes about 6 weeks to produce so we should have an announcement for Zeus-XR ready by then.
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs

Will the current owners be able to upgrade the existing Zeus-R to the Zeus-XR?

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #3,073 of 40,711
To be safe best not to use anything. Acrylic should slide in quite easily. Just point them forwards, line the tip up and turn anti clockwise as you push them in. As others have said, very clean ears will have a slight bit of friction but nothing too serious. I don't use creams even with silicon and those can stick quite a bit

I've never quite undestood why people have problems sliding their CIEMS in. Then again, most of my mates say that my ear shape, being a almost straight line in (the bends in the canals forgot what the word 'bend' means', is an anomaly. I could just push my CIEMS straight in, and pull it straight out with almost no rotation needed. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #3,074 of 40,711
I find that I usually have minor issues with ciem insertion (especially with long bores/deep insertion ciems) in the mornings after a shower because ears are cleaner and drier, even as a 'seasoned' ciem user. Nowadays I tend to only listen in the late afternoons so usually not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back