Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 25, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #3,046 of 40,656
Why do you want to change the cable?  Is that related to changing a sound characteristic or to accessorize your iem/ciem?

If you want to get some idea about what to expect from different cables, you can read some of the comparisons I covered in my review HERE.

It's a bit difficult to say what I need or want from different cables as I haven't got my Zeus r's yet. Suppose I'm pre-empting what I would expect to gain from different cables based on the differences that Linum have made to the k10's. The additional benefits of the Linum being they are so light you hardly notice them but they're definitely not just to accessorise my ciems. I don't want to change anything, just enhance everything if that makes sense. One main thing being, from reviews(read yours many times!)that the soundstage isn't as wide as the XIV so I would expect a difference over the stock cable there. Obviously haven't listened to the btg cable yet so maybe should try that first. Just trying to save time by asking first :D

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #3,048 of 40,656
I have a question, I don't see it anywhere...

Sincr this is my first ciem, it's a hard acrylic structure that causes friction I suppose? Does it slide easy in the ear..? Why doesn't it need any lube?

Going in dry.?

Some people like using some lube, its definitely not necessary.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #3,049 of 40,656
Sep 26, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #3,050 of 40,656
Water-based lubricant is the most optimal/best way to go if lubrication is to be used for your C/IEMs.

Should I worry about lube? I definitely don't want liquid to chill on my ear drums or go inside the bores of the ciem and hydrate the drivers... Unless I'm an idiot and none of that would happen?

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #3,051 of 40,656
You can use saliva or oto-ease if you feel you need lube. You need but a drop round the canal piece.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #3,052 of 40,656
Should I worry about lube? I definitely don't want liquid to chill on my ear drums or go inside the bores of the ciem and hydrate the drivers... Unless I'm an idiot and none of that would happen?

I would not post if there was a worry.

No need to worry. Unless you want to/will worry no matter what; then by all means, don't use any lubricant.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #3,053 of 40,656

Sincr this is my first ciem, it's a hard acrylic structure that causes friction I suppose? Does it slide easy in the ear..? Why doesn't it need any lube?

Going in dry.?

It is harder in the morning if you just showered, because your ears will be dry. Later in the day the inside of your ears will be more...slippery

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #3,056 of 40,656
  Words can't explain how epic the Zeus-ADEL sounds. I'm completely floored right now and the prototype isn't even cased yet. 

That is great news Jack. I guess I am just going to have to wait for the release to place an order. I should be able to decide between the R and XIV at the Canjam. I see that there has been some changes with the shape of the shell to accommodate the ADEL module.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #3,057 of 40,656

That is great news Jack. I guess I am just going to wait for the release. I should be able to decide between the R and XIV at the Canjam. I see that there has been some changes with the shape of the shell to accommodate the ADEL module.

Good eye! We put the shell engineers and techs into overdrive to come up with something that'll accommodate the ADEL. Zeus-XR (switch) ADEL (MAM) should be available for audition at RMAF!

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #3,058 of 40,656

Good eye! We put the shell engineers and techs into overdrive to come up with something that'll accommodate the ADEL. Zeus-XR (switch) ADEL (MAM) should be available for audition at RMAF!

That's awesome news. Can't wait!

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #3,059 of 40,656

You can get at almost any drug store a lubricator for hearing aids which helps with the first few times, after a while you'll get a natural coating and they slide in nice and snug and not irritate. The stuff cost @10 bucks if I remember and last forever. Otoferm is one brand amd there are others. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #3,060 of 40,656

Going in dry.?

To be safe best not to use anything. Acrylic should slide in quite easily. Just point them forwards, line the tip up and turn anti clockwise as you push them in. As others have said, very clean ears will have a slight bit of friction but nothing too serious. I don't use creams even with silicon and those can stick quite a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back