Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 8, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #27,332 of 40,606
I feel like a fool. Thinking $1500 would get a summit level of cable 🤷

what was I thinking hahaha

You are 2 years late for that! :wink:

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #27,334 of 40,606
I’m looking at copper plated silver and gold plated silver cables. Lot of options, but came across a brand called Plussound. Are they reputable or any good?

I’ve read many good comments about their cables.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #27,335 of 40,606
Cables can be a crazy obsession. At the height of my craziness, my reference speaker system was wired up with 20K of Tara Labs. That was some years ago.

Regarding IEM cables, I‘m fond of the DUNU or DITA cables that use interchangeable connectors. This really should be the standard with iems, especially those over 1K.

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #27,336 of 40,606
Cables can be a crazy obsession. At the height of my craziness, my reference speaker system was wired up with 20K of Tara Labs. That was some years ago.

Regarding IEM cables, I‘m fond of the DUNU or DITA cables that use interchangeable connectors. This really should be the standard with iems, especially those over 1K.

Yeah, the awesome plug is awesome. Wonder if there will be a version with awesome plug with ConX connect...
That will definitely a valuable tool for our cable-rollers...

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #27,337 of 40,606

Agreed man!

IEM/Headphone cables seem like a bargain in comparison. Heck even power cables can cost as much. Racks, feet, and base can cost insane amounts too.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #27,338 of 40,606
Hey guys, I need your help.

I'm on the lookout for a high end cable to pair with Empire Ear Legend X's. I was looking at Satin Audio Zeus and Eletech Iliad, but it seems synergy may not be the best with those.

Your thoughtful recommendation would be appreciated, I'm new to the cable game and new to Legend X :)

I second what @tawmizzzz said. The ARES II cable was really good but mine broke so I was forced to buy a replacement cable. I’m not entirely sold on the idea that different metals make that big of a difference on the sound so I bought a $60 Ikko SPC cable from Amazon and I could definitely hear subtle improvements. Bass felt better and the sound stage opened up too. I also bought the newer EA Grandioso silver/copper hybrid cable and hate to say it but the cheaper SPC Ikko cable sounded better. It could be burn in (which I’m also a little skeptical on right now) or my ears could’ve just adjusted to the sound signature of the Ikko cable but that’s where I’m at at the moment.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #27,339 of 40,606
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #27,340 of 40,606
I'm listening to ODIN + SP2000cu! Friends, this combo sounds to my ears like my "terminus" in terms of combo. Can't even imagine that there is another combo better than this to my ears.
I'm coming from Jomo Audio Trinity SS and I can say it is real soundstage, sound quality, bass, improvement ! Like night and day.

Can someone tell me if changing the odin stock cable with : Silver dragon IEM V2 cable ( https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-iem-headphone-cable-v2.html) or https://www.moon-audio.com/bronze-dragon-iem-headphone-cable.html is upgrade or not.
because moon audio show this as an upgrade : https://www.moon-audio.com/empire-ears-odin-iem-review
question ; how can a 300 USD cable be an upgrade of a 1000$ cable (?).
if yes, then I will sell the odin stock cable and order one of moon audio's cable. there are soft and easy to wear on my ears.

I like the sound of odin cable but the IEM connectors 2 Pins seems too long to me.

Thank you !

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #27,341 of 40,606
Don’t look at his signature. :X
And of course i had to look it up. Not just sig, but the gear list too.

I think this man is 51% shareholder of all summit-fi iems in Australia.

It one of those rarer occasions where you could see a person buying a house with pool in Spain if he sold off his gear on classifieds here lol

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #27,342 of 40,606
Only got to read this now, outstanding review as always Daniel. And photography that makes this photographer blush with envy. Congrats!
Thanks so much, my friend! I really, really appreciate the kindness. :)

I'm listening to ODIN + SP2000cu! Friends, this combo sounds to my ears like my "terminus" in terms of combo. Can't even imagine that there is another combo better than this to my ears.
I'm coming from Jomo Audio Trinity SS and I can say it is real soundstage, sound quality, bass, improvement ! Like night and day.

Can someone tell me if changing the odin stock cable with : Silver dragon IEM V2 cable ( https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-iem-headphone-cable-v2.html) or https://www.moon-audio.com/bronze-dragon-iem-headphone-cable.html is upgrade or not.
because moon audio show this as an upgrade : https://www.moon-audio.com/empire-ears-odin-iem-review
question ; how can a 300 USD cable be an upgrade of a 1000$ cable (?).
if yes, then I will sell the odin stock cable and order one of moon audio's cable. there are soft and easy to wear on my ears.

I like the sound of odin cable but the IEM connectors 2 Pins seems too long to me.

Thank you !
It's worth keeping in mind that the person/company/website recommending you the cable is also selling that cable. So, make of that what you will. What I'd say is that the PW Audio 1960s (which the Stormbreaker more-or-less is) is highly-regarded as one of the best-performing cables in the world. And, it's worth quite a bit more money than Moon Audio's cables too. So, I'd probably hold onto them if I were you.

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #27,343 of 40,606
And of course i had to look it up. Not just sig, but the gear list too.

I think this man is 51% shareholder of all summit-fi iems in Australia.

It one of those rarer occasions where you could see a person buying a house with pool in Spain if he sold off his gear on classifieds here lol
@Damz87 is such a legend that even Japanese audiophiles "know" about him.

One of them posted a picture by @SLC1966 and then it started a conversation 😂

(I actually just came across this Twitter conversation yesterday afternoon while I was looking for FiR M5 reviews from Japan since they usually just use Twitter for that)

And I think we all know what that picture with 8 different models looks like lol

Here's a refresher for anyone that forgot or has not seen the legendary photo.

6A26723F-381F-41E4-B84D-5A37EF4E5FA2.jpeg

This is the translation of the tweets.

OP: I'm expecting that nobody would actually own all of these right? lol 🤣
CM: ( ゚д゚)*Shock* wait actually, the first earphone from the right, what's the name of it?
OP: It has been talked about a lot since last year lol 🤣 (shares the link to the Thummim)
CM: $4,499❗ Expensive 😅 I've seen people on Twitter that own the other 3. But I haven't seen anyone that owns that earphone.
OP: The one who posted the photo, also uploaded a photo of 8 models, 2 of which are 64's highest-end models... lol 🤣
CM: Seriously😅 Is he Japanese?
OP: If you read the thread, the one with four was from an audition event? The one with 8, is his own personal items? I'm actually not too sure...
And He seems to be Australian... lol 🤣

4EC80895-21B3-4CB7-81DC-F674889CD394.png

4B185657-05FC-4705-AE94-2106EBD68C93.png

Damz, you're the man, the myth, the legend lol

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #27,344 of 40,606
@Damz87 is such a legend that even Japanese audiophiles "know" about him.

One of them posted a picture by @SLC1966 and then it started a conversation 😂

(I actually just came across this Twitter conversation yesterday afternoon while I was looking for FiR M5 reviews from Japan since they usually just use Twitter for that)

And I think we all know what that picture with 8 different models looks like lol

Here's a refresher for anyone that forgot or has not seen the legendary photo.

6A26723F-381F-41E4-B84D-5A37EF4E5FA2.jpeg

This is the translation of the tweets.

OP: I'm expecting that nobody would actually own all of these right? lol 🤣
CM: ( ゚д゚)*Shock* wait actually, the first earphone from the right, what's the name of it?
OP: It has been talked about a lot since last year lol 🤣 (shares the link to the Thummim)
CM: $4,499❗ Expensive 😅 I've seen people on Twitter that own the other 3. But I haven't seen anyone that owns that earphone.
OP: The one who posted the photo, also uploaded a photo of 8 models, 2 of which are 64's highest-end models... lol 🤣
CM: Seriously😅 Is he Japanese?
OP: If you read the thread, the one with four was from an audition event? The one with 8, is his own personal items? I'm actually not too sure...
And He seems to be Australian... lol 🤣

4EC80895-21B3-4CB7-81DC-F674889CD394.png

4B185657-05FC-4705-AE94-2106EBD68C93.png

Damz, you're the man, the myth, the legend lol
Oh man lol that’s so funny!

@SLC1966 we’re famous in Japan 😂

Sadly I’ve parted ways with a few of those IEM’s, but I still have the two EE’s. They’re keepers ❤️❤️

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #27,345 of 40,606
Oh man lol that’s so funny!

@SLC1966 we’re famous in Japan 😂

Sadly I’ve parted ways with a few of those IEM’s, but I still have the two EE’s. They’re keepers ❤️❤️
I was laughing so hard at work reading it earlier man!

I recognized the photo right away! lol

I really wanna comment back tho but it's kinda weird since it's an older post LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back