Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 6, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #27,301 of 40,672
Love the faceplate on this one taken with my smartphone. The sun hit it just right :heart_eyes:
IMG_20200825_183447-01.jpeg

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #27,302 of 40,672
But, what if it's sunlight hitting inside the light box? :wink: By the way, @riverground, I should clarify that my light box is more of a light-bouncing box. I don't actually turn on the lights on the thing. They don't help. :D Though, they were responsible for the faceplate glimmer (the little strip of shadow) on my DITA Dream XLS shots. That was a happy accident that ended up working really nicely.

To keep this post OT, I'm happy to report that I'm one edited photo away from calling wrap on the ODIN review. I'll see you guys tomorrow. :wink:
Oh man, I'd like to see your setup lol

Send me a PM

I gotta ask @KuroKitsu next time to come over to my home studio for me to take photos of his Odin.
Such a photogenic faceplate.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #27,304 of 40,672
I just received the Bravado MKII (Asia version) so will see how it lines up with what I've read about the domestic (U.S.) version.

I don’t recall ever seeing @Vitaly2017 in the EE thread. Where are you Tiger Ears? I think these IEMs were made for you.

I like those faceplates!

On an entirely different note you can all expect an official announcement soon for ODIN and MKII CIEMs:beerchug:
Bravado MKII with those tiger faceplates :thinking: :ksc75smile:

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #27,306 of 40,672
WOOO So excited! Just purchased Legend X, I can't wait to use it. I love bass and excited to see what this is all about.
This should pair well with the Traillii.

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #27,307 of 40,672
Do yourself a favor and just get the LX now. The sound signature is absolutely brilliant so I highly doubt EE’s engineers are going to update what’s become quite an iconic set of IEMs for them. I got lucky and found a minty set in the sales forums and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent on anything audio related. Every day you wait to buy you’re missing out!! Paired with Spiral Dot tips and a Lotoo Paw S1… eargasms!!

I just got a minty set from the forums...I can't wait to experience this!!

Mar 7, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #27,310 of 40,672
Mar 7, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #27,311 of 40,672
The ODIN review has finally landed on THL! It's long overdue, but I hope you guys enjoy the breakdown nonetheless, as well as the photography to whomever it may concern. :wink: As always, I really, really appreciate the read. Cheers!

I’ll be reading this on my way to meet up with @KuroKitsu for our mega IEM shootout meet up 😂

We’ll have about 16 IEMs all together for this meet 😳

1 from each of the following brands Shure/FiR Audio/AudioFly, 2 from Sony/JH Audio/64 Audio, 3 from FitEar, and 4 from Empire Ears. 👀

Gonna be quite the crazy meet up 😏

And back to the photography of the review. Love the nice touch of adding your film photography gear! I noticed stuff from Leica, Zeiss, Pentax, Fujifilm, Rolleiflex, and Nikon. I might’ve missed some tho 😂

So not only am I drooling over your audio gear, but also your film photography gear 🤤

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #27,312 of 40,672
The ODIN review has finally landed on THL! It's long overdue, but I hope you guys enjoy the breakdown nonetheless, as well as the photography to whomever it may concern. :wink: As always, I really, really appreciate the read. Cheers!

Been waiting for this one. Beautifully written, very transparent and precise, and as always another great review I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you.

Mar 7, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #27,313 of 40,672
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #27,314 of 40,672
I’ll be reading this on my way to meet up with @KuroKitsu for our mega IEM shootout meet up 😂

We’ll have about 16 IEMs all together for this meet 😳

1 from each of the following brands Shure/FiR Audio/AudioFly, 2 from Sony/JH Audio/64 Audio, 3 from FitEar, and 4 from Empire Ears. 👀

Gonna be quite the crazy meet up 😏

And back to the photography of the review. Love the nice touch of adding your film photography gear! I noticed stuff from Leica, Zeiss, Pentax, Fujifilm, Rolleiflex, and Nikon. I might’ve missed some tho 😂

So not only am I drooling over your audio gear, but also your film photography gear 🤤
'Sounds like a ton of fun! I can't remember the last time I went out and actually demoed IEMs. I may hit the local shop up soon to give the A&K KANN ALPHA a try, but I'm painfully missing Singapore at the moment. From the brands you've listed, the one that sticks out to me is AudioFly. If you can give the AF140MK2 a try, I think it's painfully underrated as a warm, bass-emphasised everyday carry. When I think of a warm all-rounder that's a bang-for-the-buck at the same time, it's quite literally unbeaten for me.
Though, I suggest giving it a try with the foam ear tips. The single-flange silicone ones move the treble peak to a sibilant place, and the triple-flange ones are literal drills in your ear canal. :p

Thanks so much for the kind words on the review! To be completely honest, I know next to nothing about film camera gear. This is all dad's stuff. I've handled them a couple times, but I'm definitely as much of a noob there as one can be. You should've seen how much my hands were shaking as I laid them down one by one for each set-up. :D

Been waiting for this one. Beautifully written, very transparent and precise, and as always another great review I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you.
You’re the best in the business IMO. Excellent review, man. And that photography work.... 🔥🔥🔥
Thanks so much, guys! Your comments mean a lot, and I hope to keep it up with every one I put out. Cheers! :)

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #27,315 of 40,672
To be completely honest, I know next to nothing about film camera gear. This is all dad's stuff. I've handled them a couple times, but I'm definitely as much of a noob there as one can be.

If this is true you should start a business, they look really professional!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back