Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 2, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #2,222 of 40,582
i got my gorgeous Zeus R 

I have 7 words " Forget any other iems you heard before "

Its a shock what you will experience the first time you listen to Zeus R

I have been listening for 2 hours straight and I am just in awe. 

more to come about detailed impressions

i just wanted to share first impressions

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #2,223 of 40,582
  i got my gorgeous Zeus R 

From top of your memory, how does it compare to the U12 you owned a while back?

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #2,224 of 40,582
  i got my gorgeous Zeus R 

Glad you're liking it! It's definitely my reference IEM.

Are you using it with the Plenue D or the X7? I'm curious to see if your impressions mirror my own of those pairings.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #2,225 of 40,582
  Glad you're liking it! It's definitely my reference IEM.

Are you using it with the Plenue D or the X7? I'm curious to see if your impressions mirror my own of those pairings.

right now I am listening to it with mojo

and I am in awe

i had a good share of iems, but this Zeus R tops them all

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #2,226 of 40,582
Well looks like my run with Ciems continues.  Looking like I need a slight adjustment for length on the right side.  It fits but becomes uncomfortable after awhile.  The left fits and feels bang on.  The right just doesn't lock in in the same way as the left does.  Got in touch via the website so will see what EE says.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2,227 of 40,582

i got my gorgeous Zeus R 

From top of your memory, how does it compare to the U12 you owned a while back?

These two are in a different category.  While U12 is all about lush organic smooth detailed sound with a noticeable low end slam, Zeus-R is about accuracy, high level of resolution, micro-details, and open airy sound which makes U12 sounds veiled in comparison.  But it doesn't make one sound better than the other, this is all part of a personal sound preference.  In my subjective opinion, Zeus-R is the best pair of iems/ciems I heard.  Period.  I haven't heard yet such a level of high resolution and micro-details in a pair of earphones which also has zero harshness or graininess.  I guess the secret sauce here is applying a nano-magnetic coating to every driver to prevent interference and 8-way crossover network to tune this beast to perfection.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #2,228 of 40,582
with all respect to 64audio U12, it is a great iem, but the Zeus R is an iem that simply is a different iem than anything out there. Some who bought the U12, it took them quite some time to appreciate its sound signature, and it did not stand out that much from other great sounding iems. When I owned the U12 it was the best I heard, BUT the Zeus R is simply a different iem, you will just be amazed from the first time you put them on, even for a bass lover I simply adore it. In addition its mids and details and open airy sound signature is simply breath taking.

Zeus R what an iem, honestly I have never ever heard something like it

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #2,229 of 40,582
T6 and S-Eq, thanks for your impressions. Very helpful. I have read the Z-14 is too picky about its source. How is the Z-R in that aspect?

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #2,230 of 40,582
These two are in a different category.  While U12 is all about lush organic smooth detailed sound with a noticeable low end slam, Zeus-R is about accuracy, high level of resolution, micro-details, and open airy sound which makes U12 sounds veiled in comparison.  But it doesn't make one sound better than the other, this is all part of a personal sound preference.  In my subjective opinion, Zeus-R is the best pair of iems/ciems I heard.  Period.  I haven't heard yet such a level of high resolution and micro-details in a pair of earphones which also has zero harshness or graininess.  I guess the secret sauce here is applying a nano-magnetic coating to every driver to prevent interference and 8-way crossover network to tune this beast to perfection.

Have you tried/listened to the Shure KSE1500?

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #2,231 of 40,582
  T6 and S-Eq, thanks for your impressions. Very helpful. I have read the Z-14 is too picky about its source. How is the Z-R in that aspect?

i tried both fiio x7 and mojo, I feel the mojo has the best pairing of the two. Which is not a surprise as the mojo is so magical with almost everything, so having combing the both the zeus r and mojo is simply above anything.

It does not mean that fiio x7 pairs bad, on the contrary is sounds good as well but not like pairing the mojo to the zeus r

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2,232 of 40,582

Have you tried/listened to the Shure KSE1500?

No, I haven't, and don't foresee it in a near future, unfortunately,  But I do have a feeling (reading between the lines of your question, Maurice), that I would probably eat my words if I do get a chance to hear those, right?
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2,233 of 40,582

No, I haven't, and don't foresee it in a near future, unfortunately,  But I do have a feeling (reading between the lines of your question, Maurice), that I would probably eat my words if I do get a chance to hear those, right?
wink.gif

Probably. I've heard it. Its very good. Really my only two gripe with it is the price and the need for the compatible amp. Extra stacking.

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2,234 of 40,582
No, I haven't, and don't foresee it in a near future, unfortunately,  But I do have a feeling (reading between the lines of your question, Maurice), that I would probably eat my words if I do get a chance to hear those, right? :wink:

Thanks for the response, and you are a clever friend, Alex! :wink:

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #2,235 of 40,582
  i tried both fiio x7 and mojo, I feel the mojo has the best pairing of the two. Which is not a surprise as the mojo is so magical with almost everything, so having combing the both the zeus r and mojo is simply above anything.

It does not mean that fiio x7 pairs bad, on the contrary is sounds good as well but not like pairing the mojo to the zeus r

Thanks. But how about the hiss. I heard the Zeus-IV is notorious and hisses with almost many popular sources, including the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back