1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. singleended5863
    His budget is only in the range of $800-$1k whereas those cables you are introducing are expensive even though they are on sale right now. Just my 0.1999 cents. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2. mr.karmalicious
    ForceMajeure, Deezel177 and Sifo like this.
  3. olddude
    I tried two (stock) silver hybrid cables but much prefer the Ares ll copper. Both the hybrids made the sound too brittle/sharp for my tastes. There might be a non-copper cable out there that will pair well with my Zeus/AK SP1000SS but I've got a feeling it'll be expensive.

I do believe you can still special order the Zeus XR custom by making a request via email.

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  4. Tristy
    Can someone who has heard both the Universal and Custom versions of the Legend give some feedback on the sound differences they heard? (If any). Im aware customs will give better isolation so that always helps but besides that is there a whole lot of difference? The Universal legends don't look like they insert too deeply into the ear canal and I usually have the best experience getting as close to the eardrum as possible... also it doesn't look like there is a lip on the universals to try spiral dots etc?

5. rantng
    EE’s Universal’s nozzles do not have a lip, just a smooth nozzle. I’ve occasionally had my spinfit tips pop off/stay in my ear when I remove the IEM. Final tips tend to stay on better with their smaller inner diameter and grippier/rubbery inner section. Haven’t tried spiral dots yet.

6. Tristy
    That would annoy the *** out of me. It was bad enough with the Katana's smoothed over lip. Hmm I guess you wouldn't have a problem using final or comply tips.

7. rantng
    Haven't had any issues with Final tips. Comply & Symbio tips are fairly secure. Can't seem to find my Spiral Dots ATM.

8. mr.karmalicious
    Better highs by a little bit on my customs, bass feels more controlled. Not big differences on either, but I'd never use universals again--customs are infinitely more comfortable, I don't have to deal with nuances of different sound with different tips, different size tips for each ear, and the probable discomfort after about 90-120 minutes. Just absolutely not worth it.

9. SBranson
    I use spiral dots with no problems of them falling off. On the other hand the final type E that come with it fall off all the time except for the short time when they are brand new.

10. kenjamin0523
    Hi, I really love the mid of legend X which is lush, full body, and add more weight to note, but the bass is sometimes overwhelming for me. Do we have any product have the same mid of legend X ?

11. MrLocoLuciano
    Use EQ with 1Z, do -5db at 32Hz, and -2,5db at 64Hz, and come back to tell me what you think about it. You can try to adjust it if you want.
    For SP2000, if EQ is like SP1000, I have no idea :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    kenjamin0523 likes this.
  12. cr3ativ3
    no problems with spirals dots an LX uni

Tristy likes this.
  13. cr3ativ3
    Jomo Trinity Brass is very close

kenjamin0523 likes this.
  14. mwhals
    I have narrowed my choice of design to three. 47B18EB5-E01E-43A3-8BE2-F20FF3D22E04.jpeg

15. cr3ativ3
    Top left :)

mr.karmalicious and Tristy like this.