1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. Pro-Jules
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Misson07, Aslshark, YCHANGE and 2 others like this.
  2. proedros
    does anyone here pair his zeus xr with the pw 1960s 2-wire ?

is the cable worth getting ? currently pairing mine with EA Lionheart and curious if 1960s 2w would be a significant improvement that justifies getting it....

any feedback would be appreciated ....

also selling a mint EA Ares ii (8w) , just a heads up - mint condition like new with zero usage as LH is my go-to cable for 1 year now.....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  3. rcoleman1
    @proedros Just wanted you to know that I purchased the Lionheart for my Zeus XIV too about 8 months ago due to your recommendation. Many thanks...it's my favorite pairing. Good luck on your new discovery.

proedros likes this.
  4. proedros
    you're welcome , glad to help a fellow member here (as i have been helped so many times in here by so many great folks)

yeah LH is a great match wih Zeus and you don't have to sell a kidney to buy one

Wes S and rcoleman1 like this.
  5. marcusd
    Aslshark, NovaFlyer, SBranson and 2 others like this.
  6. mr.karmalicious
    [​IMG]

still stunning me all the time :eyes:

Aslshark, NovaFlyer, SBranson and 2 others like this.
  7. Wes S
    Those have got to be my favorites! If I ever go custom, I am going to borrow that design.:wink:

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  8. cr3ativ3
    hey you have a clear version :) can you make a picture from the internals ? :D

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  9. mwhals
    I love my Legend X!

10. cr3ativ3
    Me too :)

SBranson and mwhals like this.
  11. SBranson
    +3.... Since the WM1A I am constantly amazed at how good these sound. Every album is a new experience revealing layers of instrumentation or subtle tonalities I hadn't heard before. Half the time I put on an album to hear a particular track but get lost for 2-3 more as I'm hearing so much more than I had ever before. I just listened to a BA bass iem that is supposed to be a bit bassy and there is not only weight missing compared to the LX but also bass detail is missing. I am spoiled by the LX low end and I never considered myself a bass head by any means.

mr.karmalicious and cr3ativ3 like this.
  12. Pro-Jules
    I am loving my Nemesis to follow bass parts.

And it has a high frequency lift that's suits my age & career related HF hearing loss.

SBranson, mr.karmalicious and Layman1 like this.
  13. cr3ativ3
    758197DA-A204-402B-8167-FE8673929951.jpeg The mighty Legend X on the the Incredible Hulk :)

Layman1, davidcotton and SBranson like this.
  14. mr.karmalicious
    I can try... but because they're customs, there's really no flat surface, and it's hard not to get a lot of glare (there's probably a trick to do this, but I don't know how to do it and I only have my phone). Here's some attempts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

one more, taken with a macro lens attachment from when I first got them:

[​IMG]

I have a case on the way that will allow me to attach that macro lens to the telephoto lens on my new phone; once that comes through I may be able to get more/better shots. sorry for spamming up the thread with these huge images!

Aslshark, NovaFlyer, SBranson and 3 others like this.
  15. cr3ativ3
    Very nice thank you :) !