Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 17, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #20,056 of 40,559
I set my IEM limit at $2000, which was the Legend X on sale. If I don’t set limits, I would end up not investing as much into retirement.
Totally fair and I've being holding myself a lot this last months too.
But man, after having the LX and Valkyrie and testing a few other Estats aroud and hear what they can do, I am really looking forward to see hold the Odin will come. I will definitely hold myself now until I see that.

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #20,057 of 40,559
I'm having fit problems (as usual for me) but empire is taking care of me. I'd give customer service an 11/10 for sure. That said, the limited time I've spent with the Valks have been a lot of fun and has opened me up to accepting v-shape a little more. I mean I did just buy an iem that's completely uncharacteristic if my preferred signature and I'm glad I did, I think the Valks have great value. The mids are a little more to my taste than the LX, and the estat is really worth its weight when it comes to the treble. And for a non bass head, the single w9 DD sounds just right.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #20,059 of 40,559
I did not get that impression at all. To me they sound completely different.
Works too, also impressions. Valkyrie has less bass an a bit more mid and highs. I liked it and will be my casual pair, but after one night I'm back to my LX. Customs is a no way back. :)

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #20,060 of 40,559
I did not get that impression at all. To me they sound completely different.

I agree, the LX and Valkyrie are not remotely close in sound. I returned my Valkyrie for this reason.

Oct 19, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #20,061 of 40,559
I agree, the LX and Valkyrie are not remotely close in sound. I returned my Valkyrie for this reason.
What didn't you like about the Valkyrie?

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #20,062 of 40,559
What didn't you like about the Valkyrie?

The Valkyrie had way too much treble and lacked the bass impact of the bravado. It did look the goods, but for the price just wasn’t worth it for me given the sound signature.

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #20,063 of 40,559
BB276C17-6A1B-4EEE-8340-31AFF6CD301C.jpeg

Just received the dunu hulk today , seems like a match made in heaven with legend x :)

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #20,066 of 40,559
I'm having fit problems (as usual for me) but empire is taking care of me. I'd give customer service an 11/10 for sure. That said, the limited time I've spent with the Valks have been a lot of fun and has opened me up to accepting v-shape a little more. I mean I did just buy an iem that's completely uncharacteristic if my preferred signature and I'm glad I did, I think the Valks have great value. The mids are a little more to my taste than the LX, and the estat is really worth its weight when it comes to the treble. And for a non bass head, the single w9 DD sounds just right.

Did you go to the same audiologist as the previous time? If so might be worth giving someone else in your area a shot to see if that helps.

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #20,068 of 40,559
Did you go to the same audiologist as the previous time? If so might be worth giving someone else in your area a shot to see if that helps.

yeah I've been to many different audiologists, this time was the first time going to this audiologist. I don't have a particularly difficult ear shape to work with so I don't know. I should have had empire do them for me. I'm going back to my most trusted one, it's just that it's hard to get an appointment with them.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #20,069 of 40,559
I was lucky to get two perfect impressions from the first audiologist I tried. I will go back if the need arises again.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back