Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 4, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #19,951 of 40,587
I think it get to a point where the exclusivity and "jewelry" feel weights more than sound on the price. Like you're funding that "unique" technology and design implementation and being one of the first adopters. (E.g. BA a long time ago, Hybrids a couple years, Tribids these days, 3D titanium shells, silver shells and many others)
Many made silver, titanium shell, next I would like to see gold shell

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #19,953 of 40,587
My new DAP finally arrived and it has transformed my experience of the LX. The bass is full but not overpowering. Balance is restored. These still may not be my end game for the music I listen too but for the last 1/2 hour each song has been a joy. I have a hard time imagining that the pairing wit the M11 just really rubbed me the wrong way but boy I’m glad to have a better(to me) sounding source.

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #19,954 of 40,587
My new DAP finally arrived and it has transformed my experience of the LX. The bass is full but not overpowering. Balance is restored. These still may not be my end game for the music I listen too but for the last 1/2 hour each song has been a joy. I have a hard time imagining that the pairing wit the M11 just really rubbed me the wrong way but boy I’m glad to have a better(to me) sounding source.
Very happy that they're treating you better now. Honestly, in the last week or so I've seen a lot of people (or I feel like I have) say that the M11—for all its cool features—just doesn't sound good to them. I see that single-ended has an output impedance of "less than 2", which isn't great, but I don't feel like that should cause too many problems... *shrug*

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #19,955 of 40,587
Very happy that they're treating you better now. Honestly, in the last week or so I've seen a lot of people (or I feel like I have) say that the M11—for all its cool features—just doesn't sound good to them. I see that single-ended has an output impedance of "less than 2", which isn't great, but I don't feel like that should cause too many problems... *shrug*
One can't have everything well done and still charge 500$. Some comlromises were made there.

Oct 4, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #19,957 of 40,587

What dap did you get?

Oct 4, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #19,958 of 40,587
What dap did you get?

It's a Pioneer XDP-300R a friend was selling.. Price was cheaper than what I sold the M11 for so I figured it was worth it to see if the M11 was the reason I wasn't enjoying the LX.

I still am in some shock at how different the sound is. There is just so much more mids presence.

One can't have everything well done and still charge 500$. Some comlromises were made there.

That's the main reason I moved on.. The M11 has a lot of features but I only need the music player so I wanted sound quality not all the other stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #19,959 of 40,587
I mean, one probably could, but they apparently failed to do it. :)
Fair enough. I promised myself to never buy a Fiio DAP again after the extreme frustration wih the X7mk2, I can't even think how it was the mk1 as people say they were much worst.

Oct 5, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #19,960 of 40,587
Fair enough. I promised myself to never buy a Fiio DAP again after the extreme frustration wih the X7mk2, I can't even think how it was the mk1 as people say they were much worst.

How is the A&Futura SE100 with the LX? That's a DAP I've been quite interested in as the top of my affordability range (at used prices).. I had been also been thinking of a WM1A but I've had the AK jr. and AK300 in the past and like A&K daps.

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #19,961 of 40,587
How is the A&Futura SE100 with the LX? That's a DAP I've been quite interested in as the top of my affordability range (at used prices).. I had been also been thinking of a WM1A but I've had the AK jr. and AK300 in the past and like A&K daps.
Never had problem with it, don't think I ever passed half the volume level and aleays on low gain. I do have Customs LX, so it helps with isolation and keeping the volume lower. BTW, I will put mine to sell soon for a really good price, if you're interested. :ksc75smile:

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #19,962 of 40,587

I had SR15 a decent sounding DAP that most headfiers raved better than SE100.

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #19,963 of 40,587
I had SR15 a decent sounding DAP that most headfiers raved better than SE100.
I had it before SE100, they don't sound much different, but SE100 seems run smoother and more details. Does the difference worth almost 3x the price? Is that usual seek for the extra 10%, so is up to each one.

I think the SR15 would run LX.

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #19,964 of 40,587
Thanks.. the friend who sold me the XDP300r replaced it with the SR15 and quite likes it. I prefer the size of the SE100 as the screen of the SR15 barely looks bigger than the ZX300 that I needed to put on my glasses to read but I'm not paying 3x's for the convenience of not wearing glasses if the sound is that close..

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #19,965 of 40,587
You guys make the full jump to the big boy SP1000 and you will be surprised. I had the 120ll and when I went to the 240SS it was very obvious how much better it was. Then I went to the SP1000SS and again it was very obvious. It's never going to be twice as good for twice the price, but there is a clear difference. And if you are spending $2500 on iems, going up the DAP ladder makes them that much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back