1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. KuroKitsu
    If the VX's bass is too much, than the Zeus's bass is probably your cup of tea. Zeus has very forward vocals as in they are the forefront of the presentation, sometimes to me it feels like it takes away from the rest of the presentation.

2. olddude
    And I feel that the mids are the best part of the Zeus (if it weren't for the wonderful upper end). Great vocal presentation. BTW, we are speaking of the XlV or Massdrop, not the R, which is flatter.

3. KuroKitsu
    Right, but the tuning isn't so different between the 2 to the point where my take on the mids is invalid.

4. olddude
    The whole difference of the XlV and the R is the forward mids. Maybe a bit less bass on the R as well. But the R was brought out to please folks who felt the XlV was a bit too forward/active in the mids. It's not a giant difference, but it is surely noticeable. I rarely use the R setting as I love the way the mids are in the XlV setting.

5. cr3ativ3
    youre still in search :D ?

6. twiceboss
    never stop i guess lmao. Im trying M9 next.

cr3ativ3 likes this.
  7. 518013
    Have you tried the JVC FW10K?
    Hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  8. twiceboss
    no not yet jvc 10k is a bit out of my reach

9. 518013
    That is the IEM I would like to try out, with the Legend X.
    You were right about the KSE1200, highs were great, but mids were somewhat weak, and instrument timbre was off by quite a bit.. Overall it was a pretty decent IEM, but the amp is a pain in the @$$.
    Good luck with the hunt.

10. proedros
    is the Massdrop Zeus XIV still on ?

11. mr.karmalicious
    it's still for sale; idk whether the aforementioned discount is still active or not.

proedros likes this.
  12. singleended5863
    The $250 discount was ending on October 1st, 2019 unless you possibly request another one.

13. rhester
    If discount done, I have one I will sell for $750. Just not enough bass emphasis for me, love my Valkyrie, lx, and u12t. Hit me up,with pm

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  14. CANiSLAYu
    I don’t know if I can post the link, but if you go to Hawaii Bad Boy’s YouTube channel (Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews) he has a link for the same $250 off Zeus until 10/14.

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  15. MrLocoLuciano
    Does anyone knows if the Zeus XIV (original) are filled with silicone or anything else ?