1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. olddude
    Again, have not used EVR but Massdrop Zeus is very wide and very open. Transparent is the word I keep posting here. The only way you will know what is what is to try one or the other.

BTW the Zeus XR has two tunings, the original XlV and the R, with a switch to choose which you want. The XlV has more forward mids, the R is a bit flatter. I rarely use the R setting. The MassDrop Zeus is the XlV.

twiceboss likes this.
  2. gazzington
    Is the Zeus good for lots of musical genres?

3. cr3ativ3
    i heard from a friend that zeus can get harsh with metal and some recordings

4. gazzington
    Thanks. I notice you have a lot of iems I'm interested in, cl2, Andromeda, Solaris and legend X. Which set do you like best?

5. cr3ativ3
    the Andromeda Gold is still on the way, should arrive in the next 2 days :)

but to answer your question : Legend X

6. twiceboss
    I like cl2 but needs eq for the performance. It has really low thd for eq. Evr was good but not enough

Edit: it's like isine needs cipher(DSP which is built in EQ), CL2 needs eq to push the potential of the driver. To my ears cl2 driver is ahead than isine.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  7. proedros
    zeus is balanced so any genre works well , i listen to well recorded 70s-90s stuff from many genres (rock/pop/disco/funk/soul/ambient/electronica/prog house) and everything is fine

like i said , unless you are a basshead maniac zeus xr is jack of all trades

being happy with it for the last 2 years (pairing it it with sony wm1a) and no upgraditis thoughts

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  8. olddude
    Zeus is relatively reference. Many genres do not play well with reference. As to what you heard from your friend, who knows? I wouldn't expect Zeus to be good with metal or EDM.

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  9. diadack
    Haha ok thats a good one[/QUOTE]

it’s not a joke. Your opinions are your own and everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinion. And that’s how that’s how they sounded to me.

Vitaly2017 likes this.
  10. proedros
    metal is a harsh genre by nature ,so i assume it was probably some hot/badly mastered albums

zeus is transparent ,garbage in = garbage out

metal is not the most gentle music for the ears , i have zero harsh/sibilance with my music but like i said it's all well produxed/mastered albums....

choisan likes this.
  11. mr.karmalicious
    Pretty sure Zeus wouldn't be good for hip-hop lol

cr3ativ3 likes this.
  12. cr3ativ3
    i didnt heard it myself , but check out Sabaton - Great War ( album ) he said its harsh with Zeus

13. proedros
    lucky for me ,i am not into metal/rap/hiphop so Zeus is just great for my music

mr.karmalicious and cr3ativ3 like this.
  14. cr3ativ3
    everyones taste is different , thats why there is not only one iem option :D

15. fsi22
    Have been listening to Valkyrie since Thursday, props to Empire Ears.

They nailed the tuning on this iem. Punchy and rumbles without the midrange getting lost. Vocals on the Valkyrie is the perfect balance.

It's one of those signatures that, when I swapped between my HD 650 , didn't need to adjust.

xandermaus, Aslshark and NovaFlyer like this.