Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 17, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #18,016 of 40,587
Does anyone have experience with Legend universal and Legend Custom? Wondering what the public’s experience with tips are to best mimic the custom. Have the demos at home, love the legend but the base with the foam tips can be overwhelming at times...

I had a few IEMs and didn’t like using tips or even hassle of choosing tips. Then I have decided to go custom way (from now on) as happened to my Spartans and Phantoms and maybe Valkyrie in the future. Sound wise CIEMs are excellent in isolation.

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #18,017 of 40,587
I had a few IEMs and didn’t like using tips or even hassle of choosing tips. Then I have decided to go custom way (from now on) as happened to my Spartans and Phantoms and maybe Valkyrie in the future. Sound wise CIEMs are excellent in isolation.

The main thing there is to get decent impressions done even if they cost a few more ££$$. Saves on postage and refits later on. I'm now firmly convinced that a lot of the hassle I had with ciems was with the way the impressions were being taken.

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #18,018 of 40,587
The main thing there is to get decent impressions done even if they cost a few more ££$$. Saves on postage and refits later on. I'm now firmly convinced that a lot of the hassle I had with ciems was with the way the impressions were being taken.

The best thing one can do is take pictures of their impressions and send the picture to us before mailing, 99% of the time we will be able to tell you if the impressions are adequate or not.

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #18,019 of 40,587

I am the lucky one then. I had done once the impressions at an audiologist who worked for Ultimate Ears before. Her price was little bit higher than other audiologist but I went there twice one for Unique Melody Miracle and another for EE where I have Spartans and Phantoms. I am satisfied with them because if I want more bass I just push them in deeper like Kent of ALO told me before.

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #18,020 of 40,587
The best thing one can do is take pictures of their impressions and send the picture to us before mailing, 99% of the time we will be able to tell you if the impressions are adequate or not.

Will you all be doing impressions at CanJam SoCal this weekend? Thanks and looking forward to see you all there :smile_phones:

Jun 18, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #18,022 of 40,587
those 2 mentioned iems shown on head fi tv by jude are very interesting

any pricing info

Jun 18, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #18,024 of 40,587
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #18,029 of 40,587
Did you come up with the fund to buy your khan yet, noble discount 20% at CanJam
Nope, I had one enquiry. Thats it though. Guess I'll be saving for Wraith instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back