Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #18,031 of 40,582
Hey boys & girls !
Tha Canadian audiophile truck driver is back!

I heard a rumor that there is a new valkyrie and wraith on the horizon....
When I saw it had electrostatic drivers I couldn't believe my eyes nor ears! Now my soul is screaming what are they gonnaaa sound like????

Pst for my friends at EE headfier, I had a long journey in music and tried many iem and headphones... like tia forte sennheiser h-1 hd820 hd800s u18t and few more...
After all this phantom came out to be my all arounder and the most preferred sound signature... paired it with 1z dap and in low gain. Sounds just fantastic and never getting any fatigue from sound.

Love them a lot.

Any news or hints on the new ee iems?

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #18,032 of 40,582
Hey boys & girls !

When I saw it had electrostatic drivers I couldn't believe my eyes nor ears! Now my soul is screaming what are they gonnaaa sound like????

Pst for my friends at EE headfier, I had a long journey in music and tried many iem and headphones... like tia forte sennheiser h-1 hd820 hd800s u18t and few more...
After all this phantom came out to be my all arounder and the most preferred sound signature... paired it with 1z dap and in low gain. Sounds just fantastic and never getting any fatigue from sound.

Love them a lot.

Per Jude CanJam video, nothing on the Wraith, but he did said that the Valkyrie is between lx and phantom

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #18,033 of 40,582
Per Jude CanJam video, nothing on the Wraith, but he did said that the Valkyrie is between lx and phantom

Thats quiet interesting cause i do like the idea of a trio. Sub bass below 5hz )
I'l admit phantom tuning but with a dd and 1 electrostatic would improve what phantom is slightly missing to achieve the hyper perfection a dd like bass for rumble and sub bass and the highs are slightly lower a little bump there with a nice electrostatic would make it gentle and sparkly.

I really hope they keep the phantom dark and thick sound that is what drives me a lot with them its always a yummy side ) ) ) :ksc75smile::gs1000smile::L3000:

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #18,034 of 40,582
Hey boys & girls !

Love them a lot.

@Vitaly2017
Nice to see you back. Agreed about the Phantoms which are my best CIEMs I’ve gotten and now the electrostatic Valkyrie and Wraith IEMs are coming along. Let’s see the reviews of both then I will decide to get one of the two. :wink:

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #18,035 of 40,582
I’m liking the Valkyrie’s smaller size (in the video). Never had a fit issue with Phantom/Legend X, but it’s always nice to have a lower profile?

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #18,036 of 40,582
The Japanese version looks better, but this HK one isn't too shabby either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

externalFile.jpg

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #18,037 of 40,582
Only a hand full of information has made it out to the public about the new EE models. I have been fortunate enough to have both, the Wraith and the Valkyrie, for a couple of weeks already.
@Jack Vang was kind enough to send me their production prototypes, which have the final tuning, but not final build. The official cable and aesthetic specs will all be announced by @Jack Vang soon. What you see in these pics are, again, prototypes.

empire-ears-valkyrie-4-553x369.jpg

Let's start with the Valkyrie, which in my opinion sits very comfortably in EE's range. It's their tri-hybrid (DD/BA/EST) IEM, that really performs at superb levels.
The W9 dynamic driver certainly knows how to punch with physicality and authority. The Valkyrie has impressive speed, texture and resolution throughout the entire frequency range. It's detailed, rich and freakishly engaging. From first listen it reminded me of the Legend X, but with a slightly more tamed low end. It has an exciting sound that just gets you going. It also comes in a very nice size, that's considerably smaller than the Wraith.

empire-ears-valkyrie-2-553x369.jpg

If you liked the Zeus, I think you'll like Wraith as well. It presents the true Zeus successor. It's a clean sound, oozing of resolution and precision. If you found Zeus to be too bass-light, you should give Wraith a chance, as Empire definitely listened to their customers. Wraith definitely has more weight and drive in its lows than it's predecessor. As mentioned, Wraith is incredibly clean, but to me it's far from being sterile. It has a rich midrange and treble section, that makes higher pitched sounds very enjoyable to me. Building on Zeus, it's no surprise that Wraith is a real detail-monster. It captures every little nuance of the sound and makes it easily audible with pin point precision and imaging.

empire-ears-valkyrie-1-553x369.jpg

Empire is having them both on display and ready for audition at CanJam this weekend, and I highly suggest anyone attending to hear them for him/herself.

More to come soon. :)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #18,038 of 40,582
Only a hand full of information has made it out to the public about the new EE models. I have been fortunate enough to have both, the Wraith and the Valkyrie, for a couple of weeks already.
@Jack Vang was kind enough to send me their production prototypes, which have the final tuning, but not final build. The official cable and aesthetic specs will all be announced by @Jack Vang soon. What you see in these pics are, again, prototypes.

empire-ears-valkyrie-4-553x369.jpg

Let's start with the Valkyrie, which in my opinion sits very comfortably in EE's range. It's their tri-hybrid (DD/BA/EST) IEM, that really performs at superb levels.
The W9 dynamic driver certainly knows how to punch with physicality and authority. The Valkyrie has impressive speed, texture and resolution throughout the entire frequency range. It's detailed, rich and freakishly engaging. From first listen it reminded me of the Legend X, but with a slightly more tamed low end. It has an exciting sound that just gets you going. It also comes in a very nice size, that's considerably smaller than the Wraith.

empire-ears-valkyrie-2-553x369.jpg

If you liked the Zeus, I think you'll like Wraith as well. It presents the true Zeus successor. It's a clean sound, oozing of resolution and precision. If you found Zeus to be too bass-light, you should give Wraith a chance, as Empire definitely listened to their customers. Wraith definitely has more weight and drive in its lows than it's predecessor. As mentioned, Wraith is incredibly clean, but to me it's far from being sterile. It has a rich midrange and treble section, that makes higher pitched sounds very enjoyable to me. Building on Zeus, it's no surprise that Wraith is a real detail-monster. It captures every little nuance of the sound and makes it easily audible with pin point precision and imaging.

empire-ears-valkyrie-1-553x369.jpg

Empire is having them both on display and ready for audition at CanJam this weekend, and I highly suggest anyone attending to hear them for him/herself.

More to come soon. :)

:open_mouth::hushed::astonished::astonished::flushed::blowfish::see_no_evil:

You had them for 2 weeks already you are a really lucky one .

By how you described the valks I feel more and more that its going to be my next totl iem :sunglasses: thanks for the insight.

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #18,041 of 40,582
TOTL is such a fluid term... will Phantom even be considered a TOTL product after Wraith?

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #18,042 of 40,582
Interesting that Valkyrie isn't considered TOTL. With Phantom being TOTL in its range, how do you feel the Valkyrie compares?
It's just that the Valkyrie isn't sitting at the top of either line (EP or X). That's why it's not totl. It performs really well though.
Phantom is a lot thicker and denser. It also has very good, but different, bass. The Valkyrie just pushes harder and has more drive. It is more of a fist bumping IEM compared to the Phantom that's more a soothing monitor to me. Valkyrie also has a more agile top end. Valkyrie's vocals are also lighter and airier.
Personally, I prefer Valkyrie over Phantom. But that's just me. I'm sure many will cherish Phantom more.

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #18,043 of 40,582
TOTL is such a fluid term...
Agreed. TOTL can mean different things depending on who you're talking to. Some take it literally, the "best"/most expensive of a specific line of product or the equivalent of "flagship." For others, TOTL can mean premium, high end, cutting edge, their own personal "endgame," etc.

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #18,044 of 40,582
The new IEMs don’t fit under the ES or X lines as far as I know. As a result, I think there will be three TOTL, not including the prior Zeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back