Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 4, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #17,223 of 40,606
My long-awaiting Zeus XR finally arrived 4 hours ago after my Black Friday order.

oh. My. FreaKING GOD!!!!

I've constantly been pushing up my jaw. Sooooo glad to finally be an official member of the EE community.

THIS is the earphone I've been looking for...

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #17,225 of 40,606
Does anyone have a good description of the sound differences between the Bravado and the Nemesis?

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #17,227 of 40,606
Nemesis is much more refined, with more detail and texture to the bass, airier treble and the mid timber is close to the phantoms. My original thoughts were phantoms with hyped up bass. The bravado’s are fun and thumping but is too raw for some genres.
That was extremely helpful. That's basically what I was hoping for. Thanks!

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #17,228 of 40,606
I have a Bass driver problem on the right side of my Legend X bought less then a year ago. Seems like the driver have difficult to take is air freely to move. Is that something that someone have never accounted ?
not yet and KNOCK ON WOOD!

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #17,229 of 40,606
One thing (of many) about the EE range of universal IEM's is they just seem to fit comfortably in many ears. Others ( such as Solaris, Atlas, Sennheiser etc.) are all hit and miss!

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #17,230 of 40,606
My long-awaiting Zeus XR finally arrived 4 hours ago after my Black Friday order.

oh. My. FreaKING GOD!!!!

I've constantly been pushing up my jaw. Sooooo glad to finally be an official member of the EE community.

THIS is the earphone I've been looking for...

:L3000::L3000::L3000:
Welcome to the Zeus club.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #17,231 of 40,606
I guess it is no secret that I deeply love my Phantom and I have been lucky enough to have quite a few cables over to try out different pairings. So when I recently received Leonidas II, I thought it would be nice to bring together these impressions and write a very extensive comparison between several of my favourite cables, hopefully giving some insight into why I consider Leo II to be absolute awesome sauce with the Phantom. So for anyone interested:

Effect Audio Leonidas II - Ode to Joy

IMAGE_10.JPG

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #17,232 of 40,606
Possibly silly question: I'm looking to upgrade the cable for my Phantoms (thanks @Wyville for that great review on the Leonidas), both to switch over to balanced output for my SP1000, but also just to upgrade the Ares II in general. The Effect Audio cables are awesome, but I'm really keen on a right-angle connector. Should I give up on that preference? For some reason the straight connectors always feel like they'll get broken off.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #17,233 of 40,606
I have some personally exciting news and a question that y'all may be able to help with.... I finally submitted my order for my first customs! WAAAHHHOOOO I'm so excited AAAAHHH I'm already counting down the days. Anyhow, I'm definitely a wireless gal (partially by choice, partially forced by Apple's removal of the aux jack .-.), so I was wondering if anyone has any bluetooth cables that they would recommend? My biggest two factors are cost and battery life -- there's little to no way I'd spend more than..... $60-80 at this time, and I'd prefer something under $50, if anyone has any experience in that price point. I'm ballin' on a budget, folks.

I was also looking at BT receivers as well although I'm certain at one point I'll definitely want a separate cable too (honestly a length/convenience thing). I'm open to all options right now. I trust y'all and any guidance you have is MUCH APPRECIATED :) <3

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #17,234 of 40,606
Possibly silly question: I'm looking to upgrade the cable for my Phantoms (thanks @Wyville for that great review on the Leonidas), both to switch over to balanced output for my SP1000, but also just to upgrade the Ares II in general. The Effect Audio cables are awesome, but I'm really keen on a right-angle connector. Should I give up on that preference? For some reason the straight connectors always feel like they'll get broken off.
you wont find many companies that produce cables with a (balanced) right angle plug.

Alo Audio in one of the few, but personally i'm not in love with their cables, Plussound, PWaudio and EA don't offer a right angle 2.5mm plus, i would focus more on the quality and sound signature of the cable rather that the finding the right plug.

Acoustune and Dita Audio offer also right angle cables,but it's not easy to find them in the US, ergonomically, i hate the Dita Truth cable, extremely stiff, but if you are willing to wait Dita will introduce a new cable (much more supple) with the same right angle plug.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #17,235 of 40,606
you wont find many companies that produce cables with a (balanced) right angle plug.

Alo Audio in one of the few, but personally i'm not in love with their cables, Plussound, PWaudio and EA don't offer a right angle 2.5mm plus, i would focus more on the quality and sound signature of the cable rather that the finding the right plug.

Acoustune and Dita Audio offer also right angle cables,but it's not easy to find them in the US, ergonomically, i hate the Dita Truth cable, extremely stiff, but if you are willing to wait Dita will introduce a new cable (much more supple) with the same right angle plug.

This is really great info, thanks! I'll roll with an Effect Audio cable and not worry about right angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back