Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 6, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #17,251 of 40,611
Have you tried the 4 wire configuration and see how it stacks up? Ergonomics is a huge issue for me because of glasses, and Id settle for 4 wires that have the sound of a 8 wire like the Leo II, but those are far and in between.
No unfortunately I didn’t try yet the 4 wire configuration. You can contact David directly, he’ll always reply within a day.

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #17,252 of 40,611
It’s a really nice cable, it’s very similar to the pwaudio Saladin 8 wire, it widens the soundstage and increase the treble, the biggest downside is that is extremely microphonic, but to offset that David has introdotto new 24.5awg wire with a different insulation, it’s only available in the 4 wire configuration. It’s just like the effect audio cables “+” version with the thicker wire. What is really nice of the Triton cables is a very fast turnaround, usually the cable is ready within a week from placing the order.
You can also personalize cable by choosing differ brand of plugs and connectors.
Kubig is right. Triton 8 hybrid has excellent price to value performance. However, I’m not sure how much sound quality changes with only 4 wires. At the very least it’s soundstage should be affected. It is microphonic, but still manageable. I myself wear glasses, it is still acceptable. It has to o be Triton hybrid though, I’m not sure how pure copper or even pure silver will sound.

I use Triton8 hybrid with Sony EX1000 and 1Z; it put up very decent fight versus EE Phantom and PW1960 4 core. I would say Sometimes I use Triton 8 with JVC FX850, this cable make FX850 sounds really good, I prefer it to CA Andromeda. The synergy is amazing

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #17,253 of 40,611
A cable soaked in oil, with a buttery (?) sound.
The power of marketing

Next up... Fabio.
butter.gif

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #17,254 of 40,611
I use EA Eros II 8wire with my CIEM Phantoms. To be honest as @kubig123 stated that TAC 8wire hybrid has huge soundstage which is true.
I have them in my desktop balanced amp Mini Dynalo correlate very well with CB12s/CB15 of SR1. I love this combination.

To clarify, have you tried the Triton 8 hybrid with the Phantoms? I was going to roll with the Eros II hybrid 8-wire, but the Triton looks great as well.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #17,256 of 40,611
To clarify, have you tried the Triton 8 hybrid with the Phantoms? I was going to roll with the Eros II hybrid 8-wire, but the Triton looks great as well.
[QUOTE="KuroKitsu

No. I don’t have Triton 8 hybrid directly listening with the Phantoms since I already have Eros II 8 wire but no doubt that Triton 8 wound be excellent to pair with Phantoms.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #17,257 of 40,611

Forgot to mention the PWAudio Saladin 8 wire, this is another great cable for the Phantom, i would recommend this one vs. the Eros 8 wire.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #17,258 of 40,611
Clear Tunes has one and it's listed for $50, but haven't tried it myself. Cheapest I've see is from Plusound during Massdrop, but still over $100 and go on sale only a couple times per year.

Ooh, I totally forgot about the CTM one. A definite contender.... Thank you!

For BT receiver I would highly recommend Radsone Studio ES100, very highly capable I think $99 in amazon. Sounds pretty good, LDAC, APTX HD, APTX, SBC Codec

Take a look at headfi forum thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/radsone-earstudio.867366/

As for cable, Mee Audio make a pretty good cable, currently $72.00 at amazon. I have this cable; overall its pretty good sound quality, a good match if your iem is lighter in sound and need more heft, weight; it gives more solidity, bass boost, and also awesome connectors: 3.5mm, 2.5mm, 4.4 mm connector.... on second thought this is only mmcx connector. Massdrop did provide Mee audio 2 pin iem cable but that was a while ago.

Sweet, I'm definitely going to check out the receiver. Thanks for the info :)

Congrats Devon! Looking forward to seeing what design you have chosen!

Unfortunately I only know the PlusSound BT cables and those start at $150. :frowning2:

Thank you thank you!! Plussound is on my radar for sure once I've got a bit more cash to put towards it :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #17,259 of 40,611
Forgot to mention the PWAudio Saladin 8 wire, this is another great cable for the Phantom, i would recommend this one vs. the Eros 8 wire.
Don't tempt me, I'm sitting at 1 TOTL iem and 5 cables already. Trying to cut back :p

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #17,262 of 40,611
That's easy, sell the totl iem :)
And then stroke my preciousssss? I mean cables? Im not sure the Headfi experience involves turning into Gollum.

Only 5 cable????
How can you live like that?
by thinking about how much they cost. Could have bought the LX by now for what I paid

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #17,264 of 40,611
With all the cold weather, is it okay to wear EE IEMs outside or even carry them in my bag in a basic pouch? Or should I invest in a coldproof/weatherproof case and never use them when it's 40F or below?

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #17,265 of 40,611
I wouldn't use mine below 40. I don't use them below 50, actually. They have wires and electronic in them so clearly the better you treat them the longer they will work. I wouldn't use mine under a rain hood in pouring rain, but have done so in a light mist with the cable inside my raincoat. As to carrying, it just makes sense to keep them dry and not frozen. Plus, people sweat, their ears sweat, and in cold weather (really cold) your iems might freeze to your ears like your tongue to a flagpole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back