Emmeline II "The Raptor"
Apr 4, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #76 of 145
Billy,

Yup, still waiting. No bigee, it'll be here soon enough, but I have itch(es)SA5000 or the 325i. Must resist!

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #77 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynman
Billy,

Yup, still waiting. No bigee, it'll be here soon enough, but I have itch(es)SA5000 or the 325i. Must resist!

cough...SA5000....cough. Sorry, just a cough, I meant to say, you must resist.

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #78 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynman
Billy,

SA5000 without hesitation.

The 325i just sounds congested in comparison...like it is struggling to manage all the bass, midrange and treble at once. SA5000 sounds effortless.

Apr 4, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #79 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

The 325i just sounds congested in comparison...like it is struggling to manage all the bass, midrange and treble at once. SA5000 sounds effortless.

you people are evil

Apr 4, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #80 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusf
you people are evil

Hence gsferrari's avatar. He's not a doctor, he just plays one on Head-Fi
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #81 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Hence gsferrari's avatar. He's not a doctor, he just plays one on Head-Fi
icon10.gif

I AM a doctor...well...I would have been but they kicked me out for "caste" reasons. I would have made a great doctor...and kept the Indian population in check
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL

Apr 5, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #82 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
cough...SA5000....cough. Sorry, just a cough, I meant to say, you must resist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

Oh boy! I should have deleted that portion of my post given all the pub the SA5000 has received lately. My wallet cringes - thanks Tyrion and GS. I spent about 10 minutes of my day researching the SA5000 at work and I was very busy.

Regards - reynman

Apr 7, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #83 of 145
Thanks to all who ordered, The Emmeline II "The Raptor", The first 10 amps will be shipped this week-end, I have yet to hear from those who have not conformed with me regarding the Raptors with the serial #s 3, 4, 5 & 6, as I have lost my book that had all the info regarding those names & serial #s.Please get back to me as soon as you can so we can get your orders going.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Apr 10, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #85 of 145
Ray,
was there a change made that causes the amp/PSU to run cooler than the prototype I heard in Chicago. That one was really quite warm but Recstar's review mentioned that his review unit was cooler.
Just curious if there was a change and if so what it was.
CPW

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #86 of 145
I just picked up my Raptor yesturday from Ray. Took me about 3 hours round trip and its on the other side of the city. Next time I'm shipping. The Raptor does feel allot cooler then the prototype, no idea what the changes have been, I did not ask. I still have it in to box sitting on the desk next to me. Will set it up later in the day.

KenW, Ray showed me your Raptor all packaged nicely in the box ready to be shipped. Then Ray showed me his new mega expansive VPI table / head setup. $13k
tongue.gif
Wow, all I can say. I hope you will not be upset, but we got tied up in the conversation and before Ray knew it was already too late to ship out your Raptor. Will have to wait till Monday I guess
tongue.gif
sorry, hopefully you don't mind the extra wait
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #87 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Ray,
was there a change made that causes the amp/PSU to run cooler than the prototype I heard in Chicago. That one was really quite warm but Recstar's review mentioned that his review unit was cooler.
Just curious if there was a change and if so what it was.
CPW

All the production pc brds have an array of holes under all parts that generate heat, transformers, power resisters, regulators & even heat sinks, this way it is allowing the air to flow from the bottom vents thought the pc brd's holes to cool the parts then vents the hot air through the top dust cover vents. It still gets warm in the event the amp is on for 5-10 hours but not as before.
Also the amp section was getting very warm before due to the 5687's heat which was transmitted to the rings around them then that in turn was screwed to the top cover which in turn heates the whole amp. If you look closely at the picture of the amp NOW & compare them to the silver prototype, you will find that the two front rings which sorround the 5687 tubes have been elevated with three silver spacers this way the heat is not transmited buy contacts to the top cover thus the amp runs cooler than before. But the 5687 generate very high temprature, you really do not want to touch those tubes until they are cool. I had a non ceramic tube socket in one prototype amp the heat generated from the bottom of the tube just melted that socket. Thats why we use ceramic sockets with gold contacts.
They do get hot but nothing can bother them. They do tend to heat the air inside the amp as the amp has no vent holes, but that would not effect the parts or the performance of the amp.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #88 of 145
Technical explaination, for technical people. More manufacturers should share info like that. Good one Ray!

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #89 of 145
Quote:

I just picked up my Raptor yesturday from Ray. Took me about 3 hours round trip and its on the other side of the city. Next time I'm shipping. The Raptor does feel allot cooler then the prototype, no idea what the changes have been, I did not ask. I still have it in to box sitting on the desk next to me. Will set it up later in the day.

KenW, Ray showed me your Raptor all packaged nicely in the box ready to be shipped. Then Ray showed me his new mega expansive VPI table / head setup. $13k
tongue.gif
Wow, all I can say. I hope you will not be upset, but we got tied up in the conversation and before Ray knew it was already too late to ship out your Raptor. Will have to wait till Monday I guess
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ray....tell me that's not true and mean it, please!!
confused.gif

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #90 of 145
Quote:

I hope you will not be upset, but we got tied up in the conversation and before Ray knew it was already too late to ship out your Raptor. Will have to wait till Monday I guess
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Tears rolling down my cheeks!
tongue.gif
I hope this just a joke... I really do. Ken is going to be the happiest man on the planet when that amp arrives.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back