Emmeline II "The Raptor"
Mar 29, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #46 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
Dang this amp looks SWEEEETTT!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

If I hadn't gotten these K1000's then this map would be up on the shopping list, unfotunately a RKV is beckoning somewhere, I am sure though that this amp is going to be a super popular product, without a doubt.

Kunwar

sure about that?

Mar 30, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #48 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
hmm interesting, I would really like to hear one. Can you convert it to 220v.......

The Raptor PC brd is designed to accomodate both the 120 VAC or 240 VAC by just moving a jumper as the power trasformer has dual primery that works with both voltages.
Ray Samuels

Mar 30, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #49 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
The Raptor PC brd is designed to accomodate both the 120 VAC or 240 VAC by just moving a jumper as the power trasformer has dual primery that works with both voltages.
Ray Samuels

You should of said "NO, it's not worth it". Now I am coming for sure to take a listen. Better leave my wallet behind in the Uk, tho!!!!

I want one like Recstars......

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #51 of 145
It's funny, I was drooling over the raptor picks and moaning that it was so beautifull. My Wife came over and said 'Oh, pssshhh... I hate those little tube things and its better if it is all in one box. That Dyna-thingy that you showed me earlier looks better.'

LOL

Anyways, I think that it is gorgeous. I only wish that the actual colour was as it looks in the pictures [sort of a brownish tinge] as I think the actual colour is the standard black is it not?

I was this close to ordering another home amp, but my Wife has helped me off the ledge... I will definately be thinking about it when the RS - A10 comes out though. [or was the raptor released instead of the A10? Ray?]
evil_smiley.gif

PS. I like the new avatar mjg.
cool.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #52 of 145
Mar 30, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #53 of 145
Oops totally missed that. What can I say, the switch was small.
tongue.gif

Will there be options for the light color or side panels?

Mar 30, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #54 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Oops totally missed that. What can I say, the switch was small.
tongue.gif

Will there be options for the light color or side panels?

Sorry lan, none that I know off.
Ray Samuels

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #55 of 145
Ray, congrats on the design and implementation of this amp. It's really a beautiful sight to behold, and I'm sure the sonics are equally compelling. I'm in with the rest of the crowd that seems to prefer the red LED over the blue LED that was shown in previous pics. I'm sure it will blend perfectly with the glow of the tubes! It also seems small enough that both the amp and the power supply should fit nicely on a single shelf in an audio rack.

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #56 of 145
With the hr-2, I kept the power supply under my cabinet and out of the way. It was far away from the amp itself. As good looking as this sweetheart is, I'll have to come up with a different solution to show it off. With Ray's gear, I'm sure the shielding is absolutely top flight so having the units close shouldn't be a problem but stacking them apprears to be something I'd avoid as it would hinder/obstruct the venting on the top of the power supply, no?? Not sure I have the room to have them side by side so I'll either have to pony up for a new rack or get creative with the power supply. Of course, I'll have a couple more weeks to work out the details......DANG IT!!!!
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #57 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
With the hr-2, I kept the power supply under my cabinet and out of the way. It was far away from the amp itself. As good looking as this sweetheart is, I'll have to come up with a different solution to show it off. With Ray's gear, I'm sure the shielding is absolutely top flight so having the units close shouldn't be a problem but stacking them apprears to be something I'd avoid as it would hinder/obstruct the venting on the top of the power supply, no?? Not sure I have the room to have them side by side so I'll either have to pony up for a new rack or get creative with the power supply. Of course, I'll have a couple more weeks to work out the details......DANG IT!!!!
frown.gif

the cable leading to the power supply is not as long as the hr-2 power cable, I asked Ray why this way? and he replied unlike the hr-2 the power switch on the raptor is on the power supply...so you have to keep the power supply close anyway.

Tomorrow You should all be getting more "Billy" style pics.

Ray great pics! I think you did a great job showing the beauty of the silk screens perfect, I will take some dark pics with the tung-sols tomorrow.

Mar 30, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #58 of 145
Wow.
The final cosmetics are even better than I imagined.
If I didn't already own a Stealth or was moving back to Europe...
tongue.gif

Very nice looking package and the sound is simply stunning.
Yeah folks, don't plan to stack the units. They'll warm a small room. Or a grilled cheese samich! Brilliant that it can operate on both voltages.
Congrats Ray. The visuals came out even better than anticipated.
CPW

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #59 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
the cable leading to the power supply is not as long as the hr-2 power cable, I asked Ray why this way? and he replied unlike the hr-2 the power switch on the raptor is on the power supply...so you have to keep the power supply close anyway.

Tomorrow You should all be getting more "Billy" style pics.

Ray great pics! I think you did a great job showing the beauty of the silk screens perfect, I will take some dark pics with the tung-sols tomorrow.

So she arrives tomorrow? Guess Ray didn't take me up on my "offer".
very_evil_smiley.gif
Hey, enjoy her. Look forward to your impressions and the pics. As for me...someday, I hope.

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #60 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
So she arrives tomorrow? Guess Ray didn't take me up on my "offer".
very_evil_smiley.gif
Hey, enjoy her. Look forward to your impressions and the pics. As for me...someday, I hope.

I asked Ray to keep yours an extra 2 weeks....just to make you sweat it.....
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back