Emmeline II "The Raptor"
Mar 28, 2005 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 145

Ray Samuels

Member of the Trade: Ray Samuels Audio
To all friends who have been waiting for the release of the Raptor headphone amp, I declare that the time is at hand, as we are putting together the Raptor and starting the burn-in process.

We have 15 orders documented so far, and I would our friends who have been waiting for this announcment to e-mail me their shipping addresses and phone numbers, including the serial numbers that were assigned to their Raptors. Please remember that I have 10 of the first Raptors pc boards built, and they are getting placed in their chassis. This takes time, so your patience is very much appreciated.

To those who would like to place an order for the next 10 Raptors, please get in touch with me so I assign a serial # to your amp. The introductory price on the Raptor is $ 1175.00, US dollars.

The pictures of the production Raptor will be posted shortly.

I will be happy to answer any question regarding the product.

Ray Samuels

[align=center]
1raptor_photo_large_1500wide-med.jpg
[/align]

Mar 28, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 145
Ray - do you have specifications of the Raptor posted somewhere?

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
Ray - do you have specifications of the Raptor posted somewhere?

The Raptor specs...
Output impedance 32-600 ohms.
Input impedance 50k.
Freq. range 15-70k
Tube complement, 12AU7 as input/gain
Two 5687 as drivers.
2 inputs switchables.
Regulated DC power supply for both the filement & the plate.
External power supply connected via 600 volts shielded cable.
Dimention...
The amp, front plate, left to right, 5.5"
Front to rear, 4.5"
hight, 1.5"
Power supply, front plate, left to right, 8"
Front to rear, 5.75"
Hight 2.5"

Mar 29, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 145
Congratulations on the new addition to the family, Ray! Keep 'em coming.
cool.gif

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 145
I seen her in life today guys, usually I don't like to go on the boards and say what happens off headfi but I am sorry Ray I have to tell them....

Guys and Gals you may call me a RSA fan boy, which is ok by me I like the house sound Ray has. I have seen and spent alot of time with all his products in the head amp range. People I seen my baby today, it was the first time I seen the Raptor in production casing. I almost was about to cry of her beauty.

there will be no pictures to ever bring her justice, the way every thing is, is just amazing.

I really think Ray hit it on the head, as far as looks go...
My ears are sweating now from the thought of her in a few days...

Ray you really pulled it off on her.
thank you!

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #10 of 145
Ha that'll teach KenW to go on holiday. Out of the RSA line I am most eager to hear the HR2 as well as the Raptor. I hear the HR2 is very, very good with Grados and the Raptor is shaping up to be very promising. I hope I get a chance to listen to one when I go to Blackhawk territory.

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #12 of 145
Congratulations Ray, I can't wait to see and hear the production model. Of the little time I was able to stay at the last Chicago meet, most of it was with the pre-production model. Meet conditions beign what they are, all I can say with certainty is that the Raptor is a winner.

Mar 29, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #13 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Ha that'll teach KenW to go on holiday. Out of the RSA line I am most eager to hear the HR2 as well as the Raptor. I hear the HR2 is very, very good with Grados and the Raptor is shaping up to be very promising. I hope I get a chance to listen to one when I go to Blackhawk territory.

Hey, I'm on vacation but still dropping in to keep things in check. Keep your gear and money to yourself and steer clear of my Raptor!

Ray, I'm number 11 unless someone backs out and if they do, I fully expect to move up. Don't make me come to Chicago and move in with you to give her a listen! I haven't heard my gear for.....well, it's been so long I can't remember when I got to enjoy it last. It's definitely got me on edge and more than a bit crazy. Nothing worse or more frightening than a southern redneck who's a bit off his rocker.

Mar 29, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #14 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19

Oh you shall, and after you are thrilled by the raptor and HR2 i shall force upon you old tapes of the glory blackhawk days of chelios, roenick, and belfour (wait, they still sucked)

The raptor with the rs-1's is wonderful, i know you are going to really like the bass, its deep and tuneful, with impact and body to boot, it took some time for me to come around from my hr-2/rs-1 love but my rs-1's shall miss the raptor when she has to go back

Mar 29, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #15 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Guys and Gals you may call me a RSA fan boy, which is ok by me I like the house sound Ray has. I have seen and spent alot of time with all his products in the head amp range.

What amps outside of the RSA line-up have you owned or auditioned for an extensive time (certainly not counting whats been heard at a meet)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back