Emmeline II "The Raptor"
May 7, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #121 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict
Ray indicated mine should be finishing today and then its 4 days of burn in. I get to count the days now. I am going to pick it up and at the same time have Ray make the headphone update to my Stealth. It will be interesting to compare them.

Not having heard the Stealth, I'd be very interested in your comparisons. I've got another amp on the way and will also be doing some A-Bing. Would help if I had some sort of switcher so I could get more immediate feedback. I just don't trust my memory sometimes. By the time I switch cables and fire things up, it's almost impossible for me to retain the necessary information to really do a comparison justice. Someone needs to invent a device like that! Wish I had the skill!

May 7, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #122 of 145
Actually it is pretty easy to compare. I use a hardware Y-adapter out of the G08 and run cables into the Stealth and the Raptor. All you need to do is then change the amp your headphones are plugged into.

Not as comparative as Ray's switch box but it works pretty well.

May 7, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #123 of 145
I wonder if the y-cable will affect sonics? In any event, where'd you get the cable? Link?

So Ray has a switcher? Didn't see this listed on his website. Could it be a one-of-a-kind? My luck..I bet so. Thanks and I look forward to your findings.

May 7, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #124 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
I would like to mention to all those who are waiting for the second batch of next 10 Raptors that your wait is over. They will start shipping this Monday-Wednesday.
Thanks for your patiance...
Ray Samuels

hot damn!

/#16

May 8, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #126 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
I would like to mention to all those who are waiting for the second batch of next 10 Raptors that your wait is over. They will start shipping this Monday-Wednesday.
Thanks for your patiance...
Ray Samuels

holy crap dude!!!!

May 8, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #127 of 145
This is great news. Something to look forward to this week. Hopefully, it will get me to put my headphones back on. Since getting these monoblocks to audition, I can't get myself to use my cans. I know, I can use the Raptor as the preamp for the monos.

May 16, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #128 of 145
Don't want to nag you, Ray, but I sent an email about ordering a Raptor a little while ago, just want to make sure you got it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #129 of 145
Never mind I called RS and asked

Sorry

BTW

Do not call Ray unless you are prepared to part with your cash. His passion and commitment to excellence is infectious and almost hypnotic. Great guy !!!

Sep 20, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #132 of 145
Is Ray's webpage down? I'd like to see pics

Sep 21, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #134 of 145
Thanks for the pic!

D-A-M-N
eek.gif
. I need a source/headphones first. I'm getting a set of SA-5k, wonder if they go well together.

Damn, with money in the bank, temptation is great....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back