Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Dec 26, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #287 of 656
Is it possible to get the X in custom?

How do the X and Annihilator compare to A18t w/regard to brightness?

I typically prefer signatures lile A18t and while I havent hesrd EXT yet, I liked Elysium a lot but wished it had more bass. This tends to make me think I would like X more than Annihilator.

Ty
Physical limitation of the design makes it impossible to make the X custom. I've talked to Lee about this before and these are his words.

"If the physical design can't allow it, then it can't be done, no matter how sporadic the line is drawn."

Thus, X is only available in universal.

Dec 26, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #288 of 656
Is it possible to get the X in custom?

How do the X and Annihilator compare to A18t w/regard to brightness?

I typically prefer signatures lile A18t and while I havent hesrd EXT yet, I liked Elysium a lot but wished it had more bass. This tends to make me think I would like X more than Annihilator.

Ty
It is not possible to get X in custom. Furthermore, X has been discontinued (had a chat with Lee a couple of weeks ago).

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #289 of 656
It is not possible to get X in custom. Furthermore, X has been discontinued (had a chat with Lee a couple of weeks ago).
Thats...rather short lived for a 5 month old product...did he mention why?

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #291 of 656
“Too difficult and troublesome to make for me and currently no successor planned”
Ya that sounds like something Mr Lee would say haha

I wonder if Crin's updated rating for the Annihilator and X also influenced it

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #292 of 656
“Too difficult and troublesome to make for me and currently no successor planned”
That's the downside of these one man shops making custom products. Too bad.

Dec 26, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #293 of 656
!! Didn't know that. Glad I picked one up when I did. Can't imagine it will be long until there is a successor though.

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #294 of 656
Lee has also told me that X will be discontinued and he will be releasing some new IEM’s in a lower price bracket. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #295 of 656
Lee has also told me that X will be discontinued and he will be releasing some new IEM’s in a lower price bracket. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.
You and me both :thumbsup:I guess that would be the ultimate statement of craftmanship to be able to bring the same magic at a lower price point.

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #296 of 656
You and me both :thumbsup:I guess that would be the ultimate statement of craftmanship to be able to bring the same magic at a lower price point.
For sure! Lee definitely knows how to tune. I’m sure whatever he makes will sound great :)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #297 of 656
Maybe a Terminator successor😊 who knows?

Dec 31, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #299 of 656
Anyone selling a used Elysian X? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back