Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #316 of 656
Has there been any more info about what is coming next/ what will replace X?

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #318 of 656
I had to let my X go due to the shell size but I promise the Annihilator in CIEM isn’t a bad compromise :wink:

421AE951-4A80-4594-9AE5-FFF38E76A917.jpeg

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #319 of 656
I had to let my X go due to the shell size but I promise the Annihilator in CIEM isn’t a bad compromise :wink:

421AE951-4A80-4594-9AE5-FFF38E76A917.jpeg
Not different enough to own both though?

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #321 of 656
Honestly I'm not a fan of that foster bass DD the annihilator tonality is solid but that DD is really mediocre

Only if Lee can use whatever black magic DD Hyla uses

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #322 of 656
Honestly I'm not a fan of that foster bass DD the annihilator tonality is solid but that DD is really mediocre

Only if Lee can use whatever black magic DD Hyla uses

Yeah as far as the bass goes it can’t compete with the best DD offerings, but I guess I also just don’t care too much because I like these for the upper mids and treble as opposed to the lows.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #323 of 656
Yeah as far as the bass goes it can’t compete with the best DD offerings, but I guess I also just don’t care too much because I like these for the upper mids and treble as opposed to the lows.
Agreed. I pick up issues with bass when swapping from other iems but it is quickly forgotten when the magic in the higher frequencies takes over.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #324 of 656
As much as I like my annihilator though I still find myself defaulting to my Sarda...even if the Sarda is a coherency mess it does 2 things right:

Bass & Female vocals

The annihilator exhibits too much thinness in the upper mids range where at points female vocals will actually sound hollow in certain passages that the sarda doesn't.

I guess my honeymoon period is way past and I'm a lot more critical of the annihilator now.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #325 of 656
As much as I like my annihilator though I still find myself defaulting to my Sarda...even if the Sarda is a coherency mess it does 2 things right:

Bass & Female vocals

The annihilator exhibits too much thinness in the upper mids range where at points female vocals will actually sound hollow in certain passages that the sarda doesn't.

I guess my honeymoon period is way past and I'm a lot more critical of the annihilator now.

I agree. The Elysian IEMs timbre is definitely quite artificial. I love them for electronic music though. When I start getting into vocal tracks or basically anything non-synth I will move to a different IEM.

The Annihilator and X are IEMs I enjoy a lot in small doses or electronic music use but if I’m going to put my library on shuffle I’ll use the XE6 or A12t instead.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #326 of 656
That's really where my conflict is...both hyla IEMs and Annihilator work best for EDM type music but hyla bass is so much better in terms of quality AND since most (90%) of my music with vocals are female Sarda is also top notch.

Here I find myself using a $1k IEM 5x more than my $3k IEM and it's really depressing for my wallet and sanity🥲

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #327 of 656
That's really where my conflict is...both hyla IEMs and Annihilator work best for EDM type music but hyla bass is so much better in terms of quality AND since most (90%) of my music with vocals are female Sarda is also top notch.

Here I find myself using a $1k IEM 5x more than my $3k IEM and it's really depressing for my wallet and sanity🥲

Hahah oh no. I’m sort of there with the XE6 too but it’s legit the opposite to Annihilator so I can’t flat out say I think it’s “better” overall. Although the bass on that IEM is 🤤

I think the thing about these Elysian IEMs is that I don’t see any other company trying to replicate them. That’s why I felt safe getting an Annihilator in custom. It may not be something I want to hear every time but when I do I appreciate the uniqueness and execution of the sound.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #328 of 656
Hahah oh no. I’m sort of there with the XE6 too but it’s legit the opposite to Annihilator so I can’t flat out say I think it’s “better” overall. Although the bass on that IEM is 🤤

I think the thing about these Elysian IEMs is that I don’t see any other company trying to replicate them. That’s why I felt safe getting an Annihilator in custom. It may not be something I want to hear every time but when I do I appreciate the uniqueness and execution of the sound.
I do agree there that treble is actually close to the KSE1200; my real concern is maybe I should have gone universal considering how little time I spend on it I'm more worried my ear shape changing years later before I get enough mileage out of them.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #329 of 656
I do agree there that treble is actually close to the KSE1200; my real concern is maybe I should have gone universal considering how little time I spend on it I'm more worried my ear shape changing years later before I get enough mileage out of them.

Maybe see if he can reshell them for you?

I’ve been using the same CIEM STLs from 2019 and they fit me perfectly, that’s what I got the A12t and Xe6 made from.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #330 of 656

I haven't found anything that is remotely close to X for electronic music. It is an experience listening to them every time and that is what makes them worth the entry price for me.

I'm waiting for you to find something that is as good so I can follow you in 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back