Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Feb 2, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #331 of 656
I haven't found anything that is remotely close to X for electronic music. It is an experience listening to them every time and that is what makes them worth the entry price for me.

I'm waiting for you to find something that is as good so I can follow you in 😂

I’ll let you know :wink:

X and Annihilator for me are still 👑 there.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #332 of 656
I haven't found anything that is remotely close to X for electronic music. It is an experience listening to them every time and that is what makes them worth the entry price for me.

I'm waiting for you to find something that is as good so I can follow you in 😂
Hyla...if they aren't practically extinct due to limited production runs.

That said, it looks like Sarda is being made again on a order-by-order basis in Japan.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #334 of 656
Feb 12, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #335 of 656
Some Elysian X love. It's a shame more people haven't got a chance to listen to this IEM as for some genres, it really is as good as it gets for me.

X.jpg

Feb 12, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #336 of 656
Initial impression of listening to the X with xDSD with a 3.5mm adapter (Yeah, yeah -- I know I should've gotten the newer Gryphon but money strain kinda makes that impossible so cut me some some slack xD)

+ Intensely detailed
+ Lots of treble energy
+ Bass is quite visceral but never overwhelms the midrange and highs
+/- Soundstage is as good as it can get (Both in the sense of height, width and 3D spatial) but definitely needs proper DAC/AMP to get the most out of it.
+ Warmth that suits juuust about right for my degree.

- Can be a bit too much on treble at certain songs that aren't as well mixed
- the brightness may not be for everyone
- slightly source dependent due to increased impedance (You really need some power to get to the juicy stuff, don't expect to have it sound good out of a phone directly)
- Would love a bit more midrange personally but this is seriously me being nitpicky. (and since this is a V-shaped sound, I can't really complain about it)

For a V-shaped IEM, this is definitely the most technically superior V-shape IEM I've listened to date. It's a kind of sound tuning that I won't mind listening again and again for hours during long travels.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #338 of 656
Hello everyone. The Elysian X is in contention to play my energetic, modern library such as rock / EDM / Metal. How does it hold up as of today compared to an IEM such as XE6.

Thanks in advance.

X is very good for electronic stuff, about the best I have heard. It’s a V shaped IEM with a sub bass emphasis and then emphasized but smooth upper mids and treble extension.

I personally didn’t like it for some of my rock , like LP/Blink 182, etc. as I prefer more lower mid range emphasis for that.

Can’t comment on metal.

Mar 30, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #339 of 656
Hello everyone. The Elysian X is in contention to play my energetic, modern library such as rock / EDM / Metal. How does it hold up as of today compared to an IEM such as XE6.

Thanks in advance.
For EDM, X is #1, especially EDM comprised of a lot of synthetic notes. Best treble out of any IEM out there. But the recessed lower-midrange was a deal breaker for me for genres like rock where gruff, male vocals are key to the delivery of the song(s). Didn't test much metal with it but the subbass over midbass might struggle on stuff like double-bass hits.

XE6 has one of the best lower midranges in the IEM world, and still will provide excellent performance for most EDM due to its strong bass (open-back type presentation). It is on the thicker side and might struggle with some metal depending on how fast, but I think it's the safer bet unless you don't care for recessed lower mids.

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #340 of 656
X is very good for electronic stuff, about the best I have heard. It’s a V shaped IEM with a sub bass emphasis and then emphasized but smooth upper mids and treble extension.

I personally didn’t like it for some of my rock , like LP/Blink 182, etc. as I prefer more lower mid range emphasis for that.

Can’t comment on metal.

Blink 182👍

For EDM, X is #1, especially EDM comprised of a lot of synthetic notes. Best treble out of any IEM out there. But the recessed lower-midrange was a deal breaker for me for genres like rock where gruff, male vocals are key to the delivery of the song(s). Didn't test much metal with it but the subbass over midbass might struggle on stuff like double-bass hits.

XE6 has one of the best lower midranges in the IEM world, and still will provide excellent performance for most EDM due to its strong bass (open-back type presentation). It is on the thicker side and might struggle with some metal depending on how fast, but I think it's the safer bet unless you don't care for recessed lower mids.
Appreciate the input. I can see why some people would own both. Looking to get 1 IEM for now. Tough decision without having heard the X.

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #341 of 656
Initial impression of listening to the X with xDSD with a 3.5mm adapter (Yeah, yeah -- I know I should've gotten the newer Gryphon but money strain kinda makes that impossible so cut me some some slack xD)

+ Intensely detailed
+ Lots of treble energy
+ Bass is quite visceral but never overwhelms the midrange and highs
+/- Soundstage is as good as it can get (Both in the sense of height, width and 3D spatial) but definitely needs proper DAC/AMP to get the most out of it.
+ Warmth that suits juuust about right for my degree.

- Can be a bit too much on treble at certain songs that aren't as well mixed
- the brightness may not be for everyone
- slightly source dependent due to increased impedance (You really need some power to get to the juicy stuff, don't expect to have it sound good out of a phone directly)
- Would love a bit more midrange personally but this is seriously me being nitpicky. (and since this is a V-shaped sound, I can't really complain about it)

For a V-shaped IEM, this is definitely the most technically superior V-shape IEM I've listened to date. It's a kind of sound tuning that I won't mind listening again and again for hours during long travels.
Gryphon is a very good dac amp and has a great SQ for its class but…
  1. xDSD isn’t bad at all
  2. Elysian X needs a better dap or dac+amp
I’d save and go with a TOTL DAP or step down adding a good amp.
I’m sure X’s owner will help you when you’re ready.😅

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #342 of 656
Blink 182👍

Appreciate the input. I can see why some people would own both. Looking to get 1 IEM for now. Tough decision without having heard the X.

If it's only going to be one set and you want to cover that range of genres, then I can only echo what was pointed out above and suggest that you get XE6.

XE6 does well with electronic music, not as good as X, but XE6 does a lot better with Metal so it will cover those two genres for you.

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #343 of 656
Blink 182👍

Just one thing I’ll add to @aaf evo & @tawmizzzz comments, X is quite source dependant and will lean on the thinner side of the spectrum with more neutral/analytical DAPs. That said, it sounds great with N8ii in P+/Class AB/Tube mode even though it is a more neutral sound.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #345 of 656

Users who are viewing this thread

Back