Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #361 of 656
Did you listen Jomo Spider also?
A great headfier suggested me Diva, spider, KR5 and DC ti after last CJ
Other than the Spider, I have heard the rest. First, the DC Ti is on a whole different level from the others on your list. In fact, in my own experience, I have not heard anything that is as good as the DC Ti, if/when coupled with the right source.

Personally, of the FIR trio NE4-KR5-XE6, I like the KR5 the most. I found the XE6 to be too 'congested' sounding for my liking, bit muddled, if that makes any sense. The KR5 is more open, better separation and had a bigger soundstage. But I felt there’s something amiss, though I can’t put my finger on it; @aaf evo, who has much more experience with the FIRs, suggested it was the rather flattish midrange. Maybe. Dunno. The NE4 was, well, insipid sounding to me. To be fair, these impressions were all off the Canjam show floor, which really isn’t ideal for serious listening. I know many who love the FIR house sound/tuning, so the problem could well be me! For those in Singapore, if you’re considering a FIR IEM, go ask PP about their trade-in promo where you can bring in ANY IEM - universal or custom - and get up to SGD1,300 off a FIR IEM. Honestly, that made me think about the KR5 a little; maybe another listen is in order…

Finally, the Diva. This is one IEM that punches well over its own weight. I didn’t spend a lot of time with it but I could tell it’s technically very competent. Coherent, well balanced and sounded good with most of the music I threw at it. I didn’t feel that the bassy mode had any rumble that would satiate a bass head, like someone above mentioned. I guess 'reference' sounding is consistent with what Lee said he made the Diva for — an IEM for musicians. So yeah, don't expect the Diva to snap, crackle and pop. Bears repeating that at its price though, a nice departure from the trend some brands are adopting on pricing; no brainer for anyone shopping for the best IEM below USD1,500 (or thereabouts).

What do you mean when you say ".... Very flat and reference sounding ....." that doesn't have much body or not at all?
I wouldn’t say it’s flat, unless you’d consider balanced flat, or haven’t any body, though it's not 'meaty' like the Odin or 'fat' like the LX. I’d say there is a certain elegance about the lean-ness of Diva that you gotta listen and decide for yourself if it’s for you.

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #362 of 656
@efftee i really appreciate your post, DC ti looks an endgamer.
I’m considering also QDC VX that should be another great midtier

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #363 of 656
Other than the Spider, I have heard the rest. First, the DC Ti is on a whole different level from the others on your list. In fact, in my own experience, I have not heard anything that is as good as the DC Ti, if/when coupled with the right source.

Personally, of the FIR trio NE4-KR5-XE6, I like the KR5 the most. I found the XE6 to be too 'congested' sounding for my liking, bit muddled, if that makes any sense. The KR5 is more open, better separation and had a bigger soundstage. But I felt there’s something amiss, though I can’t put my finger on it; @aaf evo, who has much more experience with the FIRs, suggested it was the rather flattish midrange. Maybe. Dunno. The NE4 was, well, insipid sounding to me. To be fair, these impressions were all off the Canjam show floor, which really isn’t ideal for serious listening. I know many who love the FIR house sound/tuning, so the problem could well be me! For those in Singapore, if you’re considering a FIR IEM, go ask PP about their trade-in promo where you can bring in ANY IEM - universal or custom - and get up to SGD1,300 off a FIR IEM. Honestly, that made me think about the KR5 a little; maybe another listen is in order…

Finally, the Diva. This is one IEM that punches well over its own weight. I didn’t spend a lot of time with it but I could tell it’s technically very competent. Coherent, well balanced and sounded good with most of the music I threw at it. I didn’t feel that the bassy mode had any rumble that would satiate a bass head, like someone above mentioned. I guess 'reference' sounding is consistent with what Lee said he made the Diva for — an IEM for musicians. So yeah, don't expect the Diva to snap, crackle and pop. Bears repeating that at its price though, a nice departure from the trend some brands are adopting on pricing; no brainer for anyone shopping for the best IEM below USD1,500 (or thereabouts).

I wouldn’t say it’s flat, unless you’d consider balanced flat, or haven’t any body, though it's not 'meaty' like the Odin or 'fat' like the LX. I’d say there is a certain elegance about the lean-ness of Diva that you gotta listen and decide for yourself if it’s for you.
Fantastic assessment, XE6 observations similar to mine.
I do worry about that leanness on Diva as on X i thought it generally sounded thinnish..Fir XE6 was too thick and muddled on the other hand..

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #364 of 656
I look forward to your impressions vs its brothers. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: I only tried the neutral setting) The Diva is really good for the price, good clarity, imaging, separation and extension on both ends. It is a better suited all rounder compared to the X and Annihilator and more forgiving with poorer recordings. The sound signature sounds linear to me, but will have to revisit this again.

However I miss the top end magic of the 2 bigger brother e-stats. The treble for the X and Annihilator are more detailed, airy and extended. The space and soundstage is also deeper and more holographic, giving it a better sense of imaging and separation.

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #365 of 656
What do you mean when you say ".... Very flat and reference sounding ....." that doesn't have much body or not at all?
Ah, my apologies. Should've phrased it better.

As Efftee mentioned, it's got this really pleasant and refined lean-ness in the sound signature that really made me think of the UERR (or UERM if you prefer that). Now this graph is probably not gonna be a perfect trace of what Diva sounds like since measurements are bound to be different, but if you do read graphs this is what the Diva reminded me of when it's on normal settings.

UERM.jpg

You really ought to give it a try first to see if this sound is for you.

Also a little note: My brief session testing it was with an AK SP2000T player.

How can you set bass Tuning?
Diva Maybe it’s similar to MEXT with Max bass setting.. very tempting!

Well there's a tiny little screw where there is a red spot on each side and a tiny little screwdriver (flat head) is given to tweak the setting to it.

White dot (or blue, if I am not mistaken) is Normal Mode
Red dot is Bass Mode.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #366 of 656
@efftee i really appreciate your post, DC ti looks an endgamer.
I’m considering also QDC VX that should be another great midtier
I wouldn't go so far as calling it, or anything for that matter, an endgame. Life would be so boring, wouldn't it, if something could come along and ruin all hope and anticipation that there is some better lurking just beyond the horizon... :wink:

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #367 of 656
Couldn't resist, ordered a custom DIVA! Anyone else order the DIVA? These are some gorgeous IEMs that made quite the impressions during CanJam :)

Credit to @dooxtypoox from CanJam Singapore 2022 Impressions Thread for these lovely images.

1649127015924.png

1649127037094.png

1649127046577.png
I admire people who blind buy CIEMs. That's confidence in the signature and brand since if you don't like it, it's still going to be in your collection for the long run

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #368 of 656
I admire people who blind buy CIEMs. That's confidence in the signature and brand since if you don't like it, it's still going to be in your collection for the long run
Indeed. The only brands which have enjoyed this privilege is FIR, Elysian and Campfire Audio (not much of a choice without universal Equinox readily available). Every other CIEM was first owned or demo'd as a universal. QM Lee and Bogdan are the real deal.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #369 of 656
Fantastic assessment, XE6 observations similar to mine.
I do worry about that leanness on Diva as on X i thought it generally sounded thinnish..Fir XE6 was too thick and muddled on the other hand..
I think the source could fix that a little. I listened to the Diva with my 300MaxTi, which probably played up the lean-ness even more. A warmer, more musical DAP/DAC would have made the Diva dance a bit more. Same goes with the Annihilator; not so good with the 3MTi, but on the amped up HM1K Quad, it really sings.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #370 of 656
My favorite desktop set with Elysian X is ifi ZEN Can Signature Set. The 6XX switch creates less fatiguing presentation, can even use X as a daily driver in this state.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #373 of 656

sorry for the question .... What are the differences between DIVA and ODIN. I mean separate price range. And especially in the high range? Because I have read that Odin is a bit exuberant in the high range. Share ? And the biggest differences between DIVA and ODIN? Thanks and sorry for the questions ....

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #374 of 656
Ah, my apologies. Should've phrased it better.

As Efftee mentioned, it's got this really pleasant and refined lean-ness in the sound signature that really made me think of the UERR (or UERM if you prefer that). Now this graph is probably not gonna be a perfect trace of what Diva sounds like since measurements are bound to be different, but if you do read graphs this is what the Diva reminded me of when it's on normal settings.

UERM.jpg

You really ought to give it a try first to see if this sound is for you.

Also a little note: My brief session testing it was with an AK SP2000T player.

Well there's a tiny little screw where there is a red spot on each side and a tiny little screwdriver (flat head) is given to tweak the setting to it.

White dot (or blue, if I am not mistaken) is Normal Mode
Red dot is Bass Mode.
on other settings does it change a lot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back