CanJam Singapore 2022 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #31 of 133
Glad to know Cayin is part of the well-recevied combo. The HA-6A mentioned in the Atrium impression is a very versatile tube headphone amplifier, it allows you to switch between EL34 and KT88, all their compatible variants, and you can also select ultralinear or tiode mode to further find tune the performance, so there are four sound signatures in one amplifier. I have zoom into @Roasty photo and noticed that he used KT88 in Triode mode. The amplifier also offered three impedance matched headphone output, ZMF headphone probably work best with the H setting, which was optimised for 250ohm and above headphones.

By the way, You heard the original HA-300 at AXPONA and if I remembered it right, you have a pecial passion for 300B Direct Heated Triode amplifiers. Just so happened that Cayin debuts the all-new HA-300MK2 in this show, I am sure you can't resist this, be warned.:wink:
Oh my...:beerchug::L3000:

I am also a sucker for the KT88 type tubes as I have a set of those tung sol 6550's etc. That's very cool about the ability to tailor the amp!

Andy I will be in touch! 🎂😘

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 2, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #32 of 133
Elysian Acoustic Lab's new DIVA impressed the hell out of me. My favourite out of ALL the IEMs I tried yesterday, regardless of price range. Lee from EAL is a great guy to talk to too, show his booth some love today if you haven't already!

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

Don't mind the hair.
Slide4.PNG

Slide5.PNG

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #33 of 133
CanJam Singapore 2022: Day 1 Impressions

https://www.headphones.com/communit...-news/canjam-singapore-2022-day-1-impressions

Untitled 6.jpg

Hey everyone, here are my Day 1 impressions from CanJam SG. This was focusing exclusively on IEMs. I also included some impressions of IEMs I demoed at Zeppelin & Co. the other day. If you want a quick rundown of what I was able to get through, here it is:
  • Craft Ears Argentium
  • Craft Ears Aurum
  • Craft Ears Cuprum
  • Craft Ears Four
  • Craft Ears Six
  • Craft Ears Two
  • Dita Perpetua
  • Elysian Diva
  • Elysian X
  • FAudio Dark Sky
  • FiR Neon 4
  • FiR Krypton 5
  • FiR Xenon 6
  • Jomo Boxster
  • Jomo Cappucino
  • Jomo Spyder
  • Lime Ears Aether
  • Noble Audio DXII
  • Noble Audio Jade
  • Noble Audio Kadence
  • Noble Audio Kublai Khan
  • Sennheiser IE600
  • Subtonic Single-DD Proto
  • Subtonic Storm Proto
  • Symphonium Triton
  • Vision Ears EXT
  • Vision Ears Phonix
There are more IEMs I heard but just wasn't able to write impressions on. I'll try and update the impressions later today, hopefully with some of the InEar IEMs, SeeAudio IEMs, and a couple other brands I probably missed. But Day 2 will defiantly be more focused on headphone content.

Apr 2, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #34 of 133
I'm going to keep this super-brief for now, as I want to get down to the show for Day Two this morning.

I usually spend more time hanging out and talking than I do listening at our shows, but on Day One I did get to hear a few things that impressed me, and I'm going to try to get around a bit more today, hopefully for more listening.

Elysian Diva at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg
Lee Quan Min of Elysian at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg

One of the biggest surprises for me yesterday was the Elysian Diva IEM at Zeppelin's exhibit (above). What a special IEM from a company whose products I'd never heard previously. I believe the Diva is a six-driver (all-BA) design, and it was an awesome all-rounder. It imaged wide, resolved a lot, and had adjustable bass. As for the adjustable bass, my preference was definitely on the neutral setting -- fairly named "neutral," but with really good body and solidity down low.

Quan Min (of Elysian) suggested trying the Diva with the bass adjustment on a higher setting (just to experiment), and the Diva turned into a good audiophile basshead IEM that way — but I definitely preferred its bass in neutral setting. Definitely give the Elysian Diva a listen today if you haven't already.

Altiat CAL 1H at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg
Altiat CAL 1H at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 02.jpg

I also spent a lot of time talking to Aumkar Chandan at the Altiat / Kaldas Research exhibit, and then sat down to listen to his Altiat CAL.1H headphone (above). The Altiat CAL.1H is a very reasonably priced new audiophile over-ear model that uses an electrodynamic driver, as opposed to what seems to me to be the more common planar magnetic driver type in smaller-company audiophile over-ears. The CAL.1H build is impressive, its chassis machined out of billet aluminum and hand-finished. The headband and sizing mechanism is unique, too, which isn't surprising from the maker of the very distinctive Kaldas Research RR1 Conquest electrostatic headphone.

As for sound, I found the Altiat CAL.1H -- certainly guided by Harman's target -- had a neutral, studio monitor type tonality, and a smooth treble response. The first headphone that comes to mind that I want to compare it to is the Sennheiser HD650, but I think the CAL.1H will take the bass advantage here, as the Altiat seems to have wonderful, extended presence here.

If you get a chance, stop by and talk to Aumkar. He's very knowledgeable, and a long-time hobbyist who took it to the next level by stepping into headphone development and manufacturing. And definitely listen to the Altiat CAL.1H and the Kaldas Research RR1 Conquest.

dCS Bartok and Rossini at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg
dCS Bartok and Rossini at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 02.jpg

My last stop on Day One was dCS's exhibit upstairs. The dCS Bartok (above) has served as one of our digital references at Head-Fi, but I'd never heard the Bartok using a higher end external master clock, which they have set up at CanJam Singapore with their dCS Rossini Master Clock (above). I've always wondered if using a dCS external master clock with the Bartok would be something I'd have to concentrate to hear, or something that would jump out at me.

At their exhibit, the dCS team did Rossini-in, Rossini-out comparisons while listening, and, wow, it's an obvious difference — an obvious improvement — the imaging (which I'd actually been completely satisfied with, with the Bartok alone) went into holography mode. The image objects were also meatier and more real. I would really like to hear this swap done with a good loudspeaker setup, as evident as it was through the Focal Utopia. Incredible. And expensive. I'm going to try to sneak up there today to try the Bartok / Rossini-clocked combo with the Meze Elite, as that's one of the headphones I also use a lot, one that images very well to my ears, and one of the headphones dCS also had at their exhibit. You should definitely give dCS's demo a listen if you haven't already.

Okay, I have to head back down to the show! I really hope I get to listen to more music/gear today, and will post more if I do.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #36 of 133
Have a brief chat with the Zepp team just before they get busy again. The HA-300MK2 had a busy day yesterday, and we are looking forwared to greet headfier at Zepp on the second and final day of CanJam Singapore 2022.
:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

WeChat Image_20220403105829.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 2, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #37 of 133
I'm going to keep this super-brief for now, as I want to get down to the show for Day Two this morning.

I usually spend more time hanging out and talking than I do listening at our shows, but on Day One I did get to hear a few things that impressed me, and I'm going to try to get around a bit more today, hopefully for more listening.

Elysian Diva at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg Lee Quan Min of Elysian at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg

One of the biggest surprises for me yesterday was the Elysian Diva IEM at Zeppelin's exhibit (above). What a special IEM from a company whose products I'd never heard previously. I believe the Diva is a six-driver (all-BA) design, and it was an awesome all-rounder. It imaged wide, resolved a lot, and had adjustable bass. As for the adjustable bass, my preference was definitely on the neutral setting -- fairly named "neutral," but with really good body and solidity down low.

Quan Min (of Elysian) suggested trying the Diva with the bass adjustment on a higher setting (just to experiment), and the Diva turned into a good audiophile basshead IEM that way — but I definitely preferred its bass in neutral setting. Definitely give the Elysian Diva a listen today if you haven't already.

Altiat CAL 1H at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg Altiat CAL 1H at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 02.jpg

I also spent a lot of time talking to Aumkar Chandan at the Altiat / Kaldas Research exhibit, and then sat down to listen to his Altiat CAL.1H headphone (above). The Altiat CAL.1H is a very reasonably priced new audiophile over-ear model that uses an electrodynamic driver, as opposed to what seems to me to be the more common planar magnetic driver type in smaller-company audiophile over-ears. The CAL.1H build is impressive, its chassis machined out of billet aluminum and hand-finished. The headband and sizing mechanism is unique, too, which isn't surprising from the maker of the very distinctive Kaldas Research RR1 Conquest electrostatic headphone.

As for sound, I found the Altiat CAL.1H -- certainly guided by Harman's target -- had a neutral, studio monitor type tonality, and a smooth treble response. The first headphone that comes to mind that I want to compare it to is the Sennheiser HD650, but I think the CAL.1H will take the bass advantage here, as the Altiat seems to have wonderful, extended presence here.

If you get a chance, stop by and talk to Aumkar. He's very knowledgeable, and a long-time hobbyist who took it to the next level by stepping into headphone development and manufacturing. And definitely listen to the Altiat CAL.1H and the Kaldas Research RR1 Conquest.

dCS Bartok and Rossini at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 01.jpg dCS Bartok and Rossini at CanJam Singapore 2022 - 02.jpg

My last stop on Day One was dCS's exhibit upstairs. The dCS Bartok (above) has served as one of our digital references at Head-Fi, but I'd never heard the Bartok using a higher end external master clock, which they have set up at CanJam Singapore with their dCS Rossini Master Clock (above). I've always wondered if using a dCS external master clock with the Bartok would be something I'd have to concentrate to hear, or something that would jump out at me.

At their exhibit, the dCS team did Rossini-in, Rossini-out comparisons while listening, and, wow, it's an obvious difference — an obvious improvement — the imaging (which I'd actually been completely satisfied with, with the Bartok alone) went into holography mode. The image objects were also meatier and more real. I would really like to hear this swap done with a good loudspeaker setup, as evident as it was through the Focal Utopia. Incredible. And expensive. I'm going to try to sneak up there today to try the Bartok / Rossini-clocked combo with the Meze Elite, as that's one of the headphones I also use a lot, one that images very well to my ears, and one of the headphones dCS also had at their exhibit. You should definitely give dCS's demo a listen if you haven't already.

Okay, I have to head back down to the show! I really hope I get to listen to more music/gear today, and will post more if I do.
Above all, have fun brother!

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #38 of 133
Has someone been able to try the UM Red Halo IEM with bone conduction ? thanks

Attachments

• UM Masson Fabled Red HALO with Xelastec tips they have an amazingly good isolation.png
    UM Masson Fabled Red HALO with Xelastec tips they have an amazingly good isolation.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #39 of 133
CanJam Singapore 2022: Day 1 Impressions

I also included some impressions of IEMs I demoed at Zeppelin & Co. the other day. If you want a quick rundown of what I was able to get through, here it is:
  • Sennheiser IE600
I came running after I saw this but sadly IE600 is not available at the show. Did you try IE900 instead?

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #41 of 133
Apr 3, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #43 of 133
Finally I found a travelling case for my gear at my firat CanJam ever.
20220402_132802.jpg20220402_204231.jpg
The special thing is VanNuys' Singapore distributor himself came to CanJam with brandnew stocks and new models that are rarely seen locally. Case hunters may want to check this out.
20220402_161538.jpg

I tried some IEMs and so far I'm really impressed with Vision Ears EXT, Oriolus Trailli, U12t, Acoustune HS2000MX. I also demoed See Audio Yume and Blessing 2 Dusk and I think I understand why they have a really solid fan base. This is the first time I tried these models and I like them all.
20220402_115138.jpg

20220402_170247.jpg
20220403_111824.jpg

Personally the thing I love the most so far is trying the Cayin C9 for the first time. I really enjoy the tube sound, beautiful bass and smooth. What a pity that it is only for pre-order. If anyone is interested you may check it out.
20220403_113539.jpg

20220403_113553.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #44 of 133
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back