Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Dec 31, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #301 of 656
Dec 31, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #302 of 656
Feb 2, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #309 of 656
They seem like u12T

Sp2000 should be good enough. If it managed to drive Ra C Cu they can drive any iem lol.
Its not just about power, synergy is Lee's preferred word. Perhaps other X owners could give you more insight. Oh, the Venom cable that comes with X is also discontinued — on the same grounds as the X — so it's a double-extinct set you’d score if you manage to get it.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #310 of 656
Its not just about power, synergy is Lee's preferred word. Perhaps other X owners could give you more insight. Oh, the Venom cable that comes with X is also discontinued — on the same grounds as the X — so it's a double-extinct set you’d score if you manage to get it.
Yeh i know. I mean it looks like it has quit a few similarities with U12T which i recently snatched and it one of best tunings i have heard to date. Its just that i would like a bit bigger staging and upper mids look more energetic on X so win win. Sp2000 and sp2000t both work well for me with U12T so im sure they would be OK with X.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #312 of 656
They seem like u12T

Sp2000 should be good enough. If it managed to drive Ra C Cu they can drive any iem lol.
SP2K can certainly drive them with sufficient power, but as @efftee mentioned, it’s more about source tonality/synergy rather than sheer driving power. Thankfully SP2K sounds great with most things so the synergy is quite good. For me, the order of preference out of the daps I’ve tried is:

DMP-Z1
DX300 Max SS
M9
SP2K
DX300 Max Ti

The other daps I’ve tried have been okay and still enjoyable to listen to, but those 5 standout as the best I’ve heard with X.

Edit: When I discussed sources with Lee, he recommended the WM1Z as his preferred portable option for X, although I personally haven’t tried it as I sold my WM1Z a while back.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #313 of 656
For me, the order of preference out of the daps I’ve tried is:

DMP-Z1
DX300 Max SS
M9
SP2K
DX300 Max Ti

The other daps I’ve tried have been okay and still enjoyable to listen to, but those 5 standout as the best I’ve heard with X.

Edit: When I discussed sources with Lee, he recommended the WM1Z as his preferred portable option for X, although I personally haven’t tried it as I sold my WM1Z a while back.
Not surprised that the DMP-Z1 is on the top of your list. If not wrong, it's Lee's yardstick for measuring his IEMS with, gotta be good with the X, or any Elysian's IEMS, for them to be released.

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #314 of 656
Not surprised that the DMP-Z1 is on the top of your list. If not wrong, it's Lee's yardstick for measuring his IEMS with, gotta be good with the X, or any Elysian's IEMS, for them to be released.
Yeah Lee seems to be a big fan of DMP-Z1 and it feels like the perfect synergy with X for my tastes as well, giving it a bit more body in the lower registers and a more natural tone in the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back