Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #271 of 656
Haha! I must have stiff ears and strong neck, didn't feel the Orpheus was wearing me down. Though I must say, I am more conscious of the cable on the Traillii than the Annihilator; I think it has to with the custom fit and the Annihilator being a larger heavier IEM. The Traillii is much smaller and lighter, hence more disproportionate with the Orpheus, not to mention a universal, offering a not-as-good fit as a custom, works better with lighter, more pliant cables. Make sense?
completely.

traillii is light and small, so orphy tends to tug a bit with the bird.

when using the orphy with erlky...it feels like the pw was tailor-made for the heft of ve's German masterpiece.

erlky+orphy is the most "solid" iem pairing I've experienced, for sure.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #273 of 656
We’ll need more than beer…

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #274 of 656
Thanks to @aaf evo for parting ways with these beauties, giving me the chance to experience what is by some distance the best IEM I have listened to :thumbsup:
IMG-0284.jpg

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #276 of 656
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #277 of 656
Thanks to @aaf evo for parting ways with these beauties, giving me the chance to experience what is by some distance the best IEM I have listened to :thumbsup: IMG-0284.jpg
I still think @aaf evo was mad to let them go, but his loss is your gain. X only gets better with time.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #279 of 656
I’m always curious about Annihilator 2021 since was released, @aaf evo did you notice different presentation between UIEM and CIEM?

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #280 of 656
I’m always curious about Annihilator 2021 since was released, @aaf evo did you notice different presentation between UIEM and CIEM?

Lee just received my moulds yesterday so I should have them in a few weeks hopefully. I was trying to use STL files before because I hate getting impressions done, but the dummy/test moulds didn’t quite work out. I’ll let you know whenever I receive them. I imagine the sound will be very similar, he has fantastic quality control in terms of staying consistent with his IEMs.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #281 of 656
Has Annihilator similar Mest Mk2 tuning?
Should it pairs well with P6 pro😊

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #282 of 656
Lee just received my moulds yesterday so I should have them in a few weeks hopefully. I was trying to use STL files before because I hate getting impressions done, but the dummy/test moulds didn’t quite work out. I’ll let you know whenever I receive them. I imagine the sound will be very similar, he has fantastic quality control in terms of staying consistent with his IEMs.
I think for such a small outfit (ie a 1 man band), Lee has great quality control which is very creditable to him

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #284 of 656
Has Annihilator similar Mest Mk2 tuning?
Should it pairs well with P6 pro😊
No
My friend has the Mest MKii so I've had a run with it for a few hrs myself

Mkii has a w-shaped signature and more tonally relaxed, annihilator is undoubtedly V-shaped with a lot more mid-bass and upper-mids energy...and a truck-load of treble not found elsewhere.

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #285 of 656
Is it possible to get the X in custom?

How do the X and Annihilator compare to A18t w/regard to brightness?

I typically prefer signatures lile A18t and while I havent hesrd EXT yet, I liked Elysium a lot but wished it had more bass. This tends to make me think I would like X more than Annihilator.

Ty

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back