Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Dec 10, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #256 of 656
This is a better combo than I anticipated, ZEN Signature stack with HD6XX EQ switch on. A different flavor which strangely works for me haha.

F9234988-81D1-496C-930C-13F14C8246C7.jpeg

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #257 of 656
This is a better combo than I anticipated, ZEN Signature stack with HD6XX EQ switch on. A different flavor which strangely works for me haha.

F9234988-81D1-496C-930C-13F14C8246C7.jpeg

No LL Venom?

I just let my X go to its new owner. I love the IEM but the shell is too large for me and makes me fidget with the fit too much, which is why I went for an Annihilator in CIEM form. Wish the X was offered as CIEM too but it is not, oh well.

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #258 of 656
No LL Venom?

I just let my X go to its new owner. I love the IEM but the shell is too large for me and makes me fidget with the fit too much, which is why I went for an Annihilator in CIEM form. Wish the X was offered as CIEM too but it is not, oh well.
I have Venom but I prefer the cable pictured for ergonomics reasons. The iems disappear in my ear with this cable whereas venom weighs down the iems like the PW Audio Attila did for Mason FS. The Venom is comfortable enough (and amazing build quality) but I prefer cables which 'disappear' and I'm ok with the small hit in sound quality.

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #259 of 656
I have Venom but I prefer the cable pictured for ergonomics reasons. The iems disappear in my ear with this cable whereas venom weighs down the iems like the PW Audio Attila did for Mason FS. The Venom is comfortable enough (and amazing build quality) but I prefer cables which 'disappear' and I'm ok with the small hit in sound quality.

Yeah I agree about the Venom, it's also a part of the reason I find myself fidgeting with the X so much. The weight of the cable tugging on the size of the IEM is just a bit too much for me.

Dec 13, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #265 of 656
Nice. I'm changing everything up and going for the x. Wish you still had your x for sale lol

I believe @bluestorm1992 has one for sale.

Good choice, you won’t be disappointed. If he ever decides to offer it in CIEM and somehow can make it fit for me (I have tiny ears) I’ll be the first one on the list to buy.

Dec 13, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #266 of 656
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #269 of 656
Hmm. Was the Venom weightier, heftier/bulkier than the Orpheus (shielded version)?
oh man...lol.

venom is light and rubbery.

orphy is like hanging a boa constrictor from your ears.

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #270 of 656
Hahah no, nothing beats Orpheus in that regard 😂
oh man...lol.

venom is light and rubbery.

orphy is like hanging a boa constrictor from your ears.
Haha! I must have stiff ears and strong neck, didn't feel the Orpheus was wearing me down. Though I must say, I am more conscious of the cable on the Traillii than the Annihilator; I think it has to with the custom fit and the Annihilator being a larger heavier IEM. The Traillii is much smaller and lighter, hence more disproportionate with the Orpheus, not to mention a universal, offering a not-as-good fit as a custom, works better with lighter, more pliant cables. Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back