Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 7, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #6,722 of 7,989
Think all cables come with TermX by default now

On the Effect Audio website it is only mentioned "ConX-ready with 2-Pin connector included". And there is the option to choose only one connection for the cable (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm).

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #6,723 of 7,989
On the Effect Audio website it is only mentioned "ConX-ready with 2-Pin connector included". And there is the option to choose only one connection for the cable (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm).

I believe those are the extra connectors you can order. Originally TermX came with all the connectors in a little box but they recently changed that to only including the default 2 pin and allowing you to order any extras as needed.

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #6,724 of 7,989
Is it normal for Cleo 2 4 wire to be this much shorter than Cleo 2 8 wire and Chiron 4 wire??

A654EAD4-237D-45F5-95F7-01DF90A9DE51.jpeg

Mar 7, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #6,726 of 7,989
Is it normal for Cleo 2 4 wire to be this much shorter than Cleo 2 8 wire and Chiron 4 wire??

They should be all be the same length whether 4 or 8 wire — unless someone didn’t measure correctly for a batch 🤭

Though not EA, all of my ET’s 4 and 8 wires are the same length - though the splitters aren’t always in the same position.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #6,727 of 7,989
I have a bespoke cable from them that is 10 cm shorter than my Centurion was

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #6,728 of 7,989
They should be all be the same length whether 4 or 8 wire — unless someone didn’t measure correctly for a batch 🤭

Though not EA, all of my ET’s 4 and 8 wires are the same length - though the splitters aren’t always in the same position.

Indeed, some clarification here would be nice. This would also be nice to know beforehand - I was under the assumption that buying the Cleo 2 4 wire was literally that, a 4 wire version instead of 8 wire. I was not expecting it to be shorter. While the difference isn't large, it's noticeable for me as someone who always has their DAP in their pocket. If I was any taller it would probably be an issue, and being 5'10" I'm not exactly a giant... I just want to know if mine is maybe just the runt of the Cleo 2 4W and they're supposed to be the same length as the 8 wire? That way I can exchange it.

I'll patiently wait for a response from any EA rep. :)

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #6,729 of 7,989
Indeed, some clarification here would be nice. This would also be nice to know beforehand - I was under the assumption that buying the Cleo 2 4 wire was literally that, a 4 wire version instead of 8 wire. I was not expecting it to be shorter. While the difference isn't large, it's noticeable for me as someone who always has their DAP in their pocket. If I was any taller it would probably be an issue, and being 5'10" I'm not exactly a giant... I just want to know if mine is maybe just the runt of the Cleo 2 4W and they're supposed to be the same length as the 8 wire? That way I can exchange it.

I'll patiently wait for a response from any EA rep. :)

Same length here @aaf evo

Attachments

• 23B685BB-C525-499E-B32A-5DB05D0B67C6.jpeg
    23B685BB-C525-499E-B32A-5DB05D0B67C6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #6,732 of 7,989
Your shorter one is the 4 wire Cleo isn’t it? Mine is the 4 wire Cleo and 4 wire Chiron so something must be up with yours? If anything, I’d expect the 8 wire to be slightly shorter

Oh wait. I just saw your picture! Yes my Cleo 2 4W is shorter than both 8 W and Chiron 4W. Okay, definitely wanting this exchanged or returned then. Thanks.

Mar 7, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #6,733 of 7,989
@JordonEA maybe you can explain it to us, please

Mar 7, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #6,734 of 7,989
Why Effect Audio Signature Series cables not have the option to add "TermX"? You can only buy with "ConX"...
Hello Vitor! Great question 😃 We recently went OOS for our TermX 4.4mm option and stock is expected to be replenished mid April. We could still take in orders for TermX but regrettably have to ship the 4.4mm separately once the stock level is back up for that variant.

A654EAD4-237D-45F5-95F7-01DF90A9DE51.jpeg
Hey @aaf evo thanks for checking in! All of our IEM cables should be the same length at 1.2m unless specifically requested to be of a different length. I believe your shorter Cleo II is a one time off error by our cable craftsmen. Do send in an email to info@effectaudio.com together with this image and our service repair team will follow up and have it fixed for you. 😃 You can reach out to me anytime if you bump into any issues! 🙌🏽

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Mar 8, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #6,735 of 7,989
Hello Vitor! Great question 😃 We recently went OOS for our TermX 4.4mm option and stock is expected to be replenished mid April. We could still take in orders for TermX but regrettably have to ship the 4.4mm separately once the stock level is back up for that variant.

Hey @aaf evo thanks for checking in! All of our IEM cables should be the same length at 1.2m unless specifically requested to be of a different length. I believe your shorter Cleo II is a one time off error by our cable craftsmen. Do send in an email to info@effectaudio.com together with this image and our service repair team will follow up and have it fixed for you. 😃 You can reach out to me anytime if you bump into any issues! 🙌🏽

- Jordon
What about everyone’s else that posted shorter cables? @aaf evo is not the only one that has a short EA cable, that would rule out the “one time off error”, wouldn’t it? How are we going to fix our problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back